Lazz

Facebook Market Place

Recommended Posts

I don't advertise on facebook and i know some people have quite a good success rate with it, but do you do it all yourself or do you farm it out to a 3rd party to handle it for you and if so who ?

Got plenty of time on my hands at the moment with being closed and am really just looking at all advertising platforms to make sure i am not missing a trick and am trying to bring myself up to date with everything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Free...? Please explain

100% waste of time and effort, the haunt of 24 carat gold plated idiots. 

Been there, never againB)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Frank Cannon said:

Free...? Please explain

100% waste of time and effort, the haunt of 24 carat gold plated idiots. 

Been there, never againB)

100% right full of dreamers 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m not a FB user as such, I just opened an account so that I could place adverts. Auto.social upload onto FB from my website, but if I were to start again I think I’d be tempted to just do the adverts myself.

I do well out of FB, I only advertise on there & ebaymotorspro. At the moment I make more sales from FB than eBay. Just about all of my pricier stock (up to 7K) sells courtesy of FB - ebay is almost dead, although I should add I've only got a handful of cars because I can’t get caught up - as I advertise they sell quickly at the moment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BHM said:

I’m not a FB user as such, I just opened an account so that I could place adverts. Auto.social upload onto FB from my website, but if I were to start again I think I’d be tempted to just do the adverts myself.

I do well out of FB, I only advertise on there & ebaymotorspro. At the moment I make more sales from FB than eBay. Just about all of my pricier stock (up to 7K) sells courtesy of FB - ebay is almost dead, although I should add I've only got a handful of cars because I can’t get caught up - as I advertise they sell quickly at the moment.

What are they charging nowadays BHM?.... last time I ventured to the dark side I was paying £50 a month from my admittedly poor memory? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FB is free but Auto.social is £25pm + VAT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FB does have its place , at £25 a month its not going to break the bank is it 

But the flip side is it drives me bloody nuts , 

Wat's the lowest price , Will you take 17k ( sale for 20k ) , Has the TT got an Electric Roof . Is my Clio 57 plate 70,000 mile worth 2k , Have you got this same car in Diesel [ Z4 :lol: ] 

That's just this Morning list of questions from FB 

Flip side of that dopey set of questions is sat i sold two From Face book , Px to clear types at 2k + so its good for that type  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks all for your input i advertise over autotrader/ebay/gumtree and motors and i have been finding ebay has been getting worse for leads to the point i am properly not going to bother renewing my contract with them and i suppose at £25 per month for someone else to upload everything instead of doing it manually has got to be worth it?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, David Horgan said:

But the flip side is it drives me bloody nuts , 

Perhaps it’s your stock profile. If yours is quality ‘aspirational’ type German stock then doesn’t that sort of thing attract the dreamers & beggars like moths to a lamp?

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BHM said:

Perhaps it’s your stock profile. If yours is quality ‘aspirational’ type German stock then doesn’t that sort of thing attract the dreamers & beggars like moths to a lamp?

I do tend to go the VAG BMW Sports models , Not for FB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Facebook.. All the village idiots in one village. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jusdging by some of the contact I receive it’s the WHOLE Internet that’s the village full of idiots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BHM said:

Jusdging by some of the contact I receive it’s the WHOLE Internet that’s the village full of idiots.

But, Marketplace is reserved for those making the finals;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BHM said:

Jusdging by some of the contact I receive it’s the WHOLE Internet that’s the village full of idiots.

/\ /\ /\ This ...................

 

3 hours ago, Frank Cannon said:

But, Marketplace is reserved for those making the finals

...................... and this /\ /\ /\ !!

Fucktards the lot of them, I will absolutely not do business with anyone who doesn't phone me on the business landline during business hours, or call in to my premises (when allowed) !!

No answerphone messages, no texts no "witheld numbers" etc etc, I have always been of the opinion that anyone who seriously wants to buy a vehicle or get repair work done will ring back ..................

Those that don't, well, IMHO they are gonna be a PITA toss pot any way ;)

Has worked well for me over the last 40 years I see no reason to change that now, ;) , in fact even when an odd few do call me or visit, after I've spoken with them, if they give off a certain vibe then I often politely decline a repair or tell them a Vehicle I have is not right for them ;)

Does that make me a Dinosaur in modern "Facefuck" times ?

Very likely ;) ............... But a happy stress free Dinosaur most of the time ;)

Edited by Dave2302

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 2/28/2021 at 12:22 PM, Dave2302 said:

/\ /\ /\ This ...................

 

...................... and this /\ /\ /\ !!

Fucktards the lot of them, I will absolutely not do business with anyone who doesn't phone me on the business landline during business hours, or call in to my premises (when allowed) !!

No answerphone messages, no texts no "witheld numbers" etc etc, I have always been of the opinion that anyone who seriously wants to buy a vehicle or get repair work done will ring back ..................

Those that don't, well, IMHO they are gonna be a PITA toss pot any way ;)

Has worked well for me over the last 40 years I see no reason to change that now, ;) , in fact even when an odd few do call me or visit, after I've spoken with them, if they give off a certain vibe then I often politely decline a repair or tell them a Vehicle I have is not right for them ;)

Does that make me a Dinosaur in modern "Facefuck" times ?

Very likely ;) ............... But a happy stress free Dinosaur most of the time ;)

 

You will not return a call to somebody who leaves a voice message on your phone system? Begs the question why even have an answerphone?

 

 

 

Edited by Stillnotadealer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s those who email asking you to phone them that I don’t understand. As they’ve got time to email why don’t they just pick up the phone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i will never understand someone who thinks that using a  phone to message me is better than using a  phone to call me, As above, Someone with genuine interest WILL as soon as is possible speak with the vendor to gain as much insight into the car, The business the preparation that has been complete, The after sales situation, Anyone who fails to move to the phone after a few brief messages is  not buying a car

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Blenheim Car Sales said:

Anyone who fails to move to the phone after a few brief messages is  not buying a car

Absolutely 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, BHM said:

It’s those who email asking you to phone them that I don’t understand. As they’ve got time to email why don’t they just pick up the phone.

:D this always make me laugh and cringe, too tight to call, too tight for brake pads 12 months after buying a car. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/1/2021 at 1:11 PM, Stillnotadealer said:

You will not return a call to somebody who leaves a voice message on your phone system? Begs the question why even have an answerphone?

I don't have an answerphone per se, just the standard BT Package "leave a message after the tone", like I said, if they are serious they always ring back ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/1/2021 at 6:32 PM, Blenheim Car Sales said:

i will never understand someone who thinks that using a  phone to message me is better than using a  phone to call me, As above, Someone with genuine interest WILL as soon as is possible speak with the vendor to gain as much insight into the car, The business the preparation that has been complete, The after sales situation, Anyone who fails to move to the phone after a few brief messages is  not buying a car

Love when a text or email messer misses the sale to a phone caller lol 

Had one a bit back back on Autotrader message thingy , Is this still available ? "yes" You need to call me ", What your best price ? "no movement"Call Me "  how many owners ," 1 "  ,If you don't call it will be sold " How long you had it , Till yesterday its gone to a new home :lol:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep marketplace does have a higher percentage of timewasters.

However, I have arranged plenty of sales through texts, messenger & email without talking to customers until they turn up to inspect/buy.

It is the way of the world these days and I suspect some of you will be missing out on sales down the line with your stances but appreciate it's your right to do business how you choose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

i rather think that if i am having to message  these muppets over and over i am actually missing sales from people who do actually want to purchase.......................... it has been said before  but messers message, I think there way is so slow too they message you 3am i message back 8.30, 2 days go by and they message again then i am ready to quit on them,  i am just plain not going to play that game, I may loose a few of the shell suit brigade with there Nike  caps  but i am certain i make up for it with others who are more mainstream in the way they aproach car buying

Edited by Blenheim Car Sales

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.