sparky

Mouldy seat belts

Is there any explanation as to why at this time of year the interior of a car can appear to be dry and yet as soon as you pull a seat belt down it looks like stilton ?

P.S I'm VAT registered, have my own premises and don't have any other part time career:D

• Like 4

before i answer this i need your inside leg measurement and also how much exactly do you have in your wallet

before i answer this i need your inside leg measurement and also how much exactly do you have in your wallet

29", nothing in my wallet as I pay VAT.

• Like 1

I'd expect it's because if some moisture has entered the car at some point, it's much harder to dry out because it's rolled up most of the time and the mould precipitates there and then grows up the unrolled part. 

P.s. I'm part time, not VAT registered and have a full time career. But you're welcome anyway.. :D

open the boot or window daily let air circulate.  Keep them closed and you will be selling a big Fur Ball.:D

Also, attach balloons to the wing mirrors. The helium absorbs the excess moisture and carries it away.

• Like 1

Also, attach balloons to the wing mirrors. The helium absorbs the excess moisture and carries it away.

My bad, I knew there was more to balloons than just selling cars. Thanks.

• Like 1

A car doesn't have to have a leak to have mould this time of year just the general dampness of winter! Mould grows where bacteria is, usually seat belts, steering wheel and seats. Open the boot and let them breathe as opening boots sells cars.  

• Like 2

As well as balloons, bunting and boot opening, do you think if I line the cars up like a Korean army that would help?

Anti bacterial wipes do the job! Pop to your local supermarket, give them a good rub over and you shouldn't have any more problem (or minimise it at least)

i am am also vat reg'd, have a 40 car forecourt & seem to fund all but myself!  :-(

• Like 1

So happy someone wrote this post. I have been wanting to for a few weeks. It is a nightmare!!! 

I am going to try the anti bac wipes :) 

• Like 1

Have any of you done any good saves on test drives to avert customer attention to mouldy seatbelts?

Pahahaha. Is it not just me then :P. I will say "I am sure you a perfect driver but would you mind if I just maneuver the car out of the forecourt into the car park"

(i am now frantically wiping mould into the palms of my hands and buying as much time as possible by driving really slowly and wiping like I have never wiped before)

• Like 1