2 hours ago, Fatboy said:

To date I have been firmly in the carry on as normal camp and I intend to remain there as much as possible.

But today had my first wake up call. Order for 3 new vans cancelled by a corporate catering company who have been decimated by cancellations for the rest of the year.  They are not bullshitters they are genuine successful business people to date. They don't want to answer the phone or look at emails ..just cancellations NO bookings.

Knock on effect is lost sale on 3 new vans and 2 good p/ex's.  ie 5 deals.

I can buy  one  as there is no work for the forseable.

Massive turnaround in just three weeks. 

We have had more cancellations this week than the whole year to date.  From the e-mails we get from dealers there seem to be a few more stock cars “appearing”.

I was talking with someone high up in a rental company and they are getting rental cancellations across the board, corporate clients not traveling, tourists not coming etc to the point they think they will need to start selling off the excess vehicles.

• Like 1

Basically if you’re over 65, smoke or have any pre-existing condition you will be left to die when the peak hits.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/03/who-gets-hospital-bed/607807/

the issue today isn’t whether you will have a business, it’s whether you will have a life, family or customers.

And car finance applications down 70% with one leading provider.

2 hours ago, CCC said:

Basically if you’re over 65, smoke or have any pre-existing condition you will be left to die when the peak hits.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/03/who-gets-hospital-bed/607807/

the issue today isn’t whether you will have a business, it’s whether you will have a life, family or customers.

And car finance applications down 70% with one leading provider.

This is not new. I was watching a program about the air ambulance and they were showing the people who take the calls.

Written on a piece of paper was the criteria for sending it out to a patient, one of them was a maximum age limit for heart attacks, I think it was 60, it might have been a bit more.

4 hours ago, New year revolutions...... said:

told some top secret news today

cant repeat it due to the secrecy act

but be afraid is all i can say

Is there anything worse on a message board than a ' I know something you don't know' post without backing it up?

1 hour ago, sparky said:

Is there anything worse on a message board than a ' I know something you don't know' post without backing it up?

I think a case of attention seeking. It could be contagious!!!!

1 hour ago, Grantlfc81 said:

Does anyone know anyone personally that has had it or died from it?

You will do.

12 hours ago, sparky said:

Completely pointless wasn't it .

13 minutes ago, MarkTVS said:

That’s my stag do postponed indefinitely :(

Not so good mate :(

40 minutes ago, MarkTVS said:

That’s my stag do postponed indefinitely :(

Can’t you get pissed & fornicate with a prostitute without going to America? :lol:

2 hours ago, have a word with the wife said:

Trump declares national emergency

Do you live in America?

14 hours ago, Halfpenny said:

You will do.

You seem very confident about that.

Are you an 'expert'?

9 hours ago, Boycie said:

On 3/13/2020 at 7:30 AM, Halfpenny said:

You will do.

You seem very confident about that.

Are you an 'expert'?

No. Not an expert. But I understand elementary maths and statistics.  UK Chief Medical Officer says 60-80% of the population likely to get it. If you are a used car dealer you are likely to interact with a lot of people. Therefore you are highly likely, sooner or later, to meet people who have/had Covid-19.

5 minutes ago, Jack Regan said:

Every cloud...... it will solve the pension crisis.

Queues at at the post office will be shorter!

3 minutes ago, David Ayers said:

Queues at at the post office will be shorter!

and it wont smell of piss and werthers

19 minutes ago, Jack Regan said:

and it wont smell of piss and werthers

That’ll be you one day, young man!

Business as usual where we are and a tonne of viewings booked today with more coming in. 
#Coronawhat?

1 hour ago, Halfpenny said:

No. Not an expert. But I understand elementary maths and statistics.  UK Chief Medical Officer says 60-80% of the population likely to get it. If you are a used car dealer you are likely to interact with a lot of people. Therefore you are highly likely, sooner or later, to meet people who have/had Covid-19.

This.

I think the difference between those who understand the problem and those who do not, is directly correlated with those who understand statistics and those who do not. When I say statistics I mean the mathematical science rather that the current coronavirus figures in the UK.

Edited by Not_a_dealer

2 hours ago, Not_a_dealer said:

This.

I think the difference between those who understand the problem and those who do not, is directly correlated with those who understand statistics and those who do not. When I say statistics I mean the mathematical science rather that the current coronavirus figures in the UK.

My opportunity to interact with a lot of people is directly correlated to the number of people who are scared of the corona virus. So today, my risk is zero. The staff in Home Bargains next door? I'd say they're fucked.

46 minutes ago, MattR said:

My opportunity to interact with a lot of people is directly correlated to the number of people who are scared of the corona virus. So today, my risk is zero. The staff in Home Bargains next door? I'd say they're fucked.

Interesting thought. However I would say that staff in stores like M&S and John Lewis are at greater risk. I dont suspect many Home Bargains customers have recently been to Madrid or skiing in Northern Italy. However as more time passes all people who need to go into public will be at risk of infection.

Edited by Not_a_dealer