Grantlfc81

December Expectations

13 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

12 sold and gone, if I sell any more I will eat my hat but I have a nice level of stock for January, which we shall spend the couple of days left of this year getting them prepped.

Well done :)

I suspect December will finish on around 35 or so for us. In November I predicted December to scrape 20.

currently around 26 cars for the month all bar 2 collected and paid in full.  Surpassed expectations. 

1 minute ago, Rory RSC said:

I suspect December will finish on around 35 or so for us. In November I predicted December to scrape 20.

currently around 26 cars for the month all bar 2 collected and paid in full.  Surpassed expectations. 

Where’s my chips? I need a piss :lol:

14 hours ago, Row said:

That mirror's my numbers exactly Ek, how many did you have advertised in Nov and Dec?

just under 20

13 minutes ago, Ek cars said:

just under 20

Thanks for the reply, I had 13 advertised so I suppose I did good.

I have two sites , one selling heavier priced stock one selling nice first timer cars £3/ 4 k stuff so i get prepped with the cheaper stuff to sell before christmas , quite slow really :(

The heavy stuff walked out this dec , chap walked in yesterday, Hi I've come for that Z4 hope its in stock  "75 miles he'd driven" £16,495 , £2,495 dep and 14k on Moto Novo thankyou very much , He had just wrote off his S2000 Honda he said so wanted a new toy , " Happy Christmas I said " 

Never get it right , never :lol:

Most finance too . Be a good Coms start to new year :D

So been slow really in actual sales , but margins are very high so happy days .

15 minutes ago, David Horgan said:

margins are very high so happy days .

I always think this is far more important than units sold; Less cars out there going wrong with silly margins in them. It’s why I can afford and justify fixing faults that most other dealers would simply wave a wear n tear flag at.

20 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

I always think this is far more important than units sold; Less cars out there going wrong with silly margins in them. It’s why I can afford and justify fixing faults that most other dealers would simply wave a wear n tear flag at.

Its the treating them fairly that allows healthy margin build up. I can make more per car now than I used to because of looking after people.   Some dealers remain buoyant year round. Consistent on the surface but underneath just plodding on getting shit done.

44 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

My system entirely Mark , They don't come back then do they . 

Just sold a lady the third car in 18months today , She had one for her son , then her husband bought one and today her daughters first car . 

Don't do that if they ain't right when they leave .

Evans halshaw had the same car £400 cheaper she said but it wasn't serviced , wasn't cleaned and the scratches were wear and tear for the year she was told 

Quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten :D

• Like 2

My record is 4 in 18 months, similar situation. It would have been 5 but his son got a DD ban just before I found him a car.

3 hours ago, Row said:

Thanks for the reply, I had 13 advertised so I suppose I did good.

I also added another 15 before new year price hikes 

December total is 1...........proper chufffed , wasn't expecting a deal this close to New year.Guy travelled 5 hours for a C class Merc that had become somewhat of an ornament.

• Like 1

We have been ticking over this month but sadly none of our heavy hitters have been going more just our cheaper stuff. 

Today was a good day though with 3 appointments and 3 sales, a nice auto focus (not a powershit) that we’d bought back from an old customer who’d given up driving; an Ibiza that we’d also sold previously and a white insigina elite that I lost money on it due to it needing a gearbox recon, a new clutch and a timing belt with both vvt pulleys. Glad to just be out of it though. 

We are off until the 6th January officially, I don’t see much point being in as everywhere else is shut, can’t buy stock from auctions, my workshop is closed and our painter is off too.

When customers have requested an appointment I have been adding this to the emails; 

All we ask is at the appointment providing the vehicle is as described please be in a position to either pay for the vehicle or leave a holding deposit.

Anyone that just wants a look at a few cars is refused an appointment till we reopen officially unless they are dead very they want to buy. All appointments must also be confirmed an hour prior by phone. 

It’s working successfully so far in rooting out the time wasters.

19 hours ago, MarkTVS said:

When customers have requested an appointment I have been adding this to the emails; 

All we ask is at the appointment providing the vehicle is as described please be in a position to either pay for the vehicle or leave a holding deposit.

Anyone that just wants a look at a few cars is refused an appointment till we reopen officially unless they are dead very they want to buy. All appointments must also be confirmed an hour prior by phone. 

It’s working successfully so far in rooting out the time wasters.

Snap. I’ve never had so many pathetic dreamers sending emails or fucking idiots phoning to say along the lines they’re “passing in an hour or two & fancy a drive out in a few cars” - no way, José!

On Christmas Day I received 24 emails, 1 phone call (ignored) & a text asking me to phone them!!

Anyone serious isn’t offended & will not object to phoning for an appointment. Only the messers, test pilots, tyre kickers & bored middle-aged men filling in their spare time object to this or the questioning of their intentions.

1 hour ago, BHM said:

Snap. I’ve never had so many pathetic dreamers sending emails or fucking idiots phoning to say along the lines they’re “passing in an hour or two & fancy a drive out in a few cars” - no way, José!

On Christmas Day I received 24 emails, 1 phone call (ignored) & a text asking me to phone them!!

Anyone serious isn’t offended & will not object to phoning for an appointment. Only the messers, test pilots, tyre kickers & bored middle-aged men filling in their spare time object to this or the questioning of their intentions.

24 emails on xmas day???!! Wow!

I had a few enquiries on Christmas Day and one Screamer (I have replied to him today).

The one enquiry (that I doid respond to after Christmas) led to a deposit, so yes - weird they called Christmas Day but a sale is a sale.

2 hours ago, Mark101 said:

I had a few enquiries on Christmas Day and one Screamer (I have replied to him today).

The one enquiry (that I doid respond to after Christmas) led to a deposit, so yes - weird they called Christmas Day but a sale is a sale.

The funny thing is everyone is closed christmas day to spend with family's etc supermarkets and the like and they expect to be offered viewings and test drives id always return the call but off limits to test pilots christmas day as thats my family time i don't really bother much with new year or other holidays .

Edited by Casper

Lots of messers between Christmas and New Year. Too much time on their hands!

6 hours ago, AAM90 said:

Lots of messers between Christmas and New Year. Too much time on their hands!

Yeah we had plenty of them! 

16 for December. Which I am very happy with as I thought it was going to be a dead month. Sales included 1 bought about mid December by a father as a Christmas present to his daughter, 1 Christmas eve and 1 new years eve about 3.30pm.