Sign in to follow this  
Rory RSC

How is October treating you all?

Week 1 into October how are things looking ? Not a bad start here but seem to have been hit with loads of really bad PX cars. I try to retail everything whereever possible but have 5 cars that are just beyond that so they will be going through a local cheapie auction tonight. 

Likewise.

Think it's the time of year when people realise that their old falling-to-bits snotter probably won't see them through another winter, so they're getting out of them now, while they can.

Bright side:

More deals done.

Not so Bright side:

Loads more deathtraps for the illegal roadside traders to screw people over with.

You know when you get a part ex and you look at it, look at the customer and their angelic little 2 year look back at the car and think you drove that here? From 150 miles away? On a motorway. 
1 week later they complain the air con needs re gassing on their new roadworthy purchase..... 

• Like 1

Good end to last month, good start to this month.......long may it continue.....

Its not until I saw this post that I realised that I've done above average finance deals and taken more sheds in the past 3 weeks than I have the rest of the year and I think there's something in the theory that people are realising that there car won't see them through winter........now how do a target advertise them customers??

Up the prices and advertise a 'Minimum £500 Part Exchange' offer?

'Your car as full deposit' vinyl stickered on a scrapper outside as a finance ad?

Or is that a bit too Old School?

Edited by GreenGiant
  • Like 1

Rubbish! 2 cars sold! Apparently it is quiet out there!?

Same, dropped off a cliff for me last weekend in September, had probably 8 'strong' enquiries all month, mostly time wasters once they get here wanting ridiculous discounts on the screen price. 

Starting to panic slightly!

very quiet on vans but I've managed to sell a combo van that I've had on stock since Feb 2014 and still made a profit. it just goes to show how much prices have risen in this amount of time. 

Picking up pace again now but only on the cheaper cars. Anyone else picked up?

Currently 21 cars sold in October and 20 have gone out the door. Today has actually been dead so far though. Not one phone call, only 1 email enquiry, not one viewing and no one has just turned up. Time to get a McDonald's soon as I try to eat it someone will turn up :) .

2 cars collected at the weekend, one being the px of the first collection. A few emails, one no show after agreeing to meet at 8pm ..... Very quite, I'm thinking a graveyard might see more movement.

Good on the cheap stuff 50% stock turn last week alone but the heavier stuff is sitting pretty 

We are quiet, so is all the others around here........except for one!  There's always a liar that does well 52 weeks a year! :rolleyes:

Edited by Wood235

5 so far from a stock of 7.

I need more capital for stock so I can start to grow. Nearly at my 1 year mark so it'll be easier then.

A few gone and the potential for a few more to go this weekend, but it's been spend spend spend on some cars .... £350 on a service and £320 on tyres on just one car ...... 

Rose Motors ! Happy 1st anniversary (nearly) .. it own't be easier in 20 years ! :)  5 from 7 well done ! keep it going ...

Thanks Umesh. I meant easier to get stock funding, increased overdrafts etc.

We had no problems getting Funding from nextgear. Nice rep very helpful and knowledgeable about the product. 
If you are quick to turn your stock ( 5 from 7 suggests you will) it should work well.

4 last week 2 this week. Happy with that to be fair. Stocked up on some more premium cars so shall see on those! 

We had no problems getting Funding from nextgear. Nice rep very helpful and knowledgeable about the product. If you are quick to turn your stock ( 5 from 7 suggests you will) it should work well.

Thanks for the tip. I'll look into this next week.

2 yesterday.... Still not as busy as I'd like it but better than last month.

Edited by Jack Regan