Grantlfc81

october has totally...

died on its arse for us, after a record 29 last month... we have only done 7, lots of enquiries still coming in but what a difference 14 days makes in this game!

October has been a mare down here as well.  Couple of old returning customers, couple of family deals, but not a lot else!  Going to be a long winter at this rate!

October has been a decent start overall. 4 for the month but two where sticky cars that we needed gone. Fiesta gone with good margin in it and a PX shitter to a family friend first time driver yesterday.

we have had 70 enquiries plus, and only 7 deals. But the quality of the leads have been dreadful.

Edited by Grantlfc81

Seams like for once I’m busier than everyone else for a change. Selling plenty but I can’t buy, being seriously out priced at the block for over two weeks now.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Lakeside said:

Seams like for once I’m busier than everyone else for a change. Selling plenty but I can’t buy, being seriously out priced at the block for over two weeks now.

+1

E class £800 over cap clean and I had already sold it.... had to let it go even though it was a guaranteed deal....

what I don’t understand is.... people paying massively over cap

clean but auto trader isn’t reflecting this. Where is the money going?!

Main business, doing deals but for no money, everyone in our industry (leasing) must just be working for fun.  

Only plus is we have taken a few good PX cars that we have flipped.

Used cars, 7 so far this month, 3 were PX’s we retailed that would normally have been traded straight out.

Odd thing is we have a list of late used to find but still can’t get the stock.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Grantlfc81 said:

E class £800 over cap clean and I had already sold it.... had to let it go even though it was a guaranteed deal....

Lots of bored motor traders out there, giving ‘just that bit more’ than the next guy. 

Pretty normal/average month here, but everything is a work up. Lucky not short of stock as buying sensible seems impossible. 

Very slow here but friend and trader a few yards away can't handle anymore sales they are that busy!!

But also comebacks and issues are the highest he has ever seen as stock he is buying all seem to have issues! (He does PDI as he has his own mechanics etc!)

Sometimes I'd rather be quiet than have the headaches....

• Like 1

Very quiet here, Spt was great, but this month is dreadful, and other local Dealers are the same,  CAR GURUS LEADS have even stopped.....lol

22 hours ago, Lakeside said:

Haha nice.  Yeah prices still haven't dropped. 

18 hours ago, NOACROSS said:

Lots of bored motor traders out there, giving ‘just that bit more’ than the next guy. 

Pretty normal/average month here, but everything is a work up. Lucky not short of stock as buying sensible seems impossible. 

+1  Yeah I've noticed that a lot. 

Picked up from Blackbushe, mostly all just standing around pretending to be rich and famous
Picked up from Paddock Wood, packed! No one really bidding.
Finally Enfield... Lots of "eager and young new style traders" who seems to have forgotten their manors.

19 hours ago, Grantlfc81 said:

Well the prices on AT have risen slightly in the #SPOILERALERT "less popular" makes / models... 

The more popular makes and models will always be the race to the lowest price.  Doesn't matter if your competitors one is a pig and yours is spotless with your nan as the previous keeper and 1k miles in 5 years, the pig will always bring home the bacon.  Can't believe i just made that saying up, pretty impressive.  End of the day the pig will get 20 people turn up to view it because of the price, 19 of those customers, realize it's a pig but it's the one that only cares about price that buys it.

2 hours ago, Earunder said:

Haha nice.  Yeah prices still haven't dropped. 

Bought 5 yesterday and today. 1 at CAP Cln, the rest about a grand into the book.

I can't stand empty AT slots :lol:

Ticking over here but not breaking any records  if i compare to last year Although theres been a change in family circumstances and my elderly father needs more care now so putting time into his care also . He looked after me during difficult times so its only right i return the favour .. 

Best month of the year for me with 8 sold so far. Profit and stats are all looking very good, in fact I was in the black by the 3rd.

I am varying my stock and nicking some cheapies so maybe that’s helping.(under 5k)

25 currently in stock, 10 advertised, 2 waiting for collection and 13 in prep....

Saying that, I’ll probably now do jack for the next two weeks :lol:

Edited by Arfur Dealy

2 hours ago, Arfur Dealy said:

in fact I was in the red by the 3rd.

Amazing, I can usually be in the red until the last day of the month, I think you mean the black :lol:

10 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

Amazing, I can usually be in the red until the last day of the month, I think you mean the black :lol:

:lol: insomnia is taking its toll....

October has been kind to me so far; 7 sold and 3 sure-fire sellers due out of prep within the next few days. Had a couple lumpy ones too, which is pleasing. I've not bought anything from BCA, Manheim or Aston Barclay for weeks and after reading through recent posts on here, I can't even be bothered to look.

Had some bread-and-butter stuff hanging about (prepped to high standard with tons of decent pics, walk around video with right miles etc) so decided to ditch it (all at a small loss) and put the capital to work again.

Sweet FA from Motors, AT is still providing the deals for me right now. Still dithering about CG. Part exchange enquiries and phone calls very thin on the ground compared to previous months.