Sign in to follow this  
James Bush

ITV 7:30

"Deals, Wheels and Steals" should be interesting to see what they put out........I think its kind of along the lines of a car sales Bargain Hunt which my dealer friend hates because now every customer offers him £20 for an item priced at £100!!

I caught some of it whilst in the kitchen chopping onions. I soon turned over to see how once fellow brother Max Branning was getting on. Surely he is going to be cleared.

I watched deals and steals - Makes car dealing look so easy, buy any old shit from auction with odd doors and give a bit of sales patter on your driveway and your making easy bread...The rangie deal was a bit over the top.

Edited by Max Branning

what a load of tosh, all scripted by scriptwriters who obviously don't know how auctions work, no blind bids off the wall by the auctioneer or was he just scarred of getting caught on camera.

It clearly wasn't genuine, what was that blonde woman all about?

scripted TOWIE-style crap

• Like 1

What was it all about - not entertaining and not factual......

I know next time I see a shed of an old Rangie I'm going to get it bought, get a dodgy paint job done and punt it out for £4K........come on!!!

Right time to get the camera out who fancy's a trip to the block to film a documentary and show them how it's done.

Scene 1 empty auction hall, the car you've been waiting all day for drives in, big smile on your face, no one here so you think to yourself I'll get this cheap. Then in a flash of a second the smile turns to heartache as who fly's in but you're biggest competitor, the one that always trots you up, not your rival from around the corner though who doesn't want you to have any of the pie as he wants it all for himself, but the big black and yellow bee who every time his wings move the auctioneer takes it as a bid. 

I have just wasted a 24 minutes of my life... And can't claim them back... Utter rubbish... Even I know it's not true...

• Like 1

Suppose'ed millionaires buying ole shit like that? ........yeah righto!!! Profits of 3 or 400 quid......in this day and age where as dealers we are so vulnerable by the authorities! If we took that profit out of a car, we might as well go and sign on now!

Turn the TV over and put something more realistic on like Harry Potter or something!!!

" Will be famous in a few years ! :) Really !!

That's what I thought! not sure I believe he bought it back either, was probably returned under the soga :)

ITV can't be making much from advertising revenue from this, last week the only adverts where for nationwide who sponsor documentaries and for upcoming programs on ITV. It was the same this week so if anyone's looking for some cheap TV advert deals here's your chance. On second thoughts it'd probably be just as much of a waste of money as the program itself. 

TV advertising as we know it is dead in the water. Most people just record what they want to watch and skip through the ads anyway, so the return on investment must be minimal. Other than maybe a live sports event, I couldn't tell you the last time I sat through an ad break. I did go to the cinema the other day (Mrs GG wanted to see J Bond esq get his kit off) for the first time in many years. Have to say it'll probably be another few years before I go again: Expensive and embarrassingly clichéd. And that was just the ads. In fact, they just seemed desperate in a sad sort of way.  

Anyway, it's all about digital product placements into actual programmes now. There are many examples (cars are good for this) where products are inserted into scenes digitally post-production, relevant to the target demographic or audience. Eg, different brands of drinks would 'appear' on a table for different countries. It is fascinating stuff, but the old collection of 30-second mini dramas during a programme is going the same way as newspaper ads.

That Range Rover has a discovery dashboard .... Not sure how that will ever appreciate in value.