Earunder

What's up with the prices?

Evey thing i have wanted this last week has gone for well over cap ( Sometimes nearly 2k over) I would love to know how some people make a money with the amount they bid.

Although last week everything was dirt dirt cheap falling a decent bit below CAP. Hopefully everything starts getting cheaper again.

Edited by JA Trader

Aston Barclay last night was absolutely eye watering, some cars were going £1000 over cap clean.....

I went to the cafe and ate shepherds pie and beans. It was the highlight of my night 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Grantlfc81 said:

Aston Barclay last night was absolutely eye watering, some cars were going £1000 over cap clean.....

I went to the cafe and ate shepherds pie and beans. It was the highlight of my night 

As long as the food was good it makes a difference ..

On 9/6/2019 at 11:31 AM, David Horgan said:

Very very true , putting the large amounts of money into the hands of those who cant manage it is a very dangerous thing . Watched some swap from buying trade UKT cars to high end stuff and fall on their swords very quickly . 

We know one trader who started 4 yrs ago , been through the lots of the funders , now has other traders cars to sell on commission a few of his own , 50 k into finance with a finance company who tell him its 2% if they get reciprocal business when he sells . If not the interest is much higher . Two units full of cars that are not his , the rest dont belong to him and he swears hes doing well . 

I suppose it all depends what he did before David, if he was lifting 300 quid a week in a crap job he might feel he is ringing the bell now. 

You can see he is getting in deeper, he can't see it. This next year will sort the wheat from the chaff!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, JA Trader said:

Evey thing i have wanted this last week has gone for well over cap ( Sometime nearly 2k over) I would love to know how some people make a money with the amount they bid.

Although last week everything was dirt dirt cheap falling a decent bit below CAP. Hopefully everything starts getting cheaper again.

Drug dealers... Scammers and con men

They can afford to pay it. As long as they get a bit of paper saying where they bought a motor... Then sell it at a loss... And top it up with some drug money they not bothered mate.

Cars are always the easy way to wash dirty money

Then you got your dreamer dealers who dont check prices and bid because they think they can flog it for even more...

• Like 1

I think i will leave the auctions for a week or two to calm down the starting bids were cap clean on pretty much everything today at my local bca

10 minutes ago, Lazz said:

I think i will leave the auctions for a week or two to calm down the starting bids were cap clean on pretty much everything today at my local bca

Its a strange time at the moment. Mental note take holiday this time next year.

The auction houses have hit their target; they've got enough Eastern Europeans/FB chancers/private punters buying stuff close to retail and "dealers" that don't even complete a PDI before advertising buying stuff, heck, they're even charging an extra £40 for buying them remotely LOL............. the game is over

The only question I have is, why hasn't CAP adjusted? CAP book prices are painting a very different picture to what we're seeing these days

It's a strange world.. Everything has turned full circle. Auctions seem to be the place to buy for a private buyer. Buying Central auctions crap for retail money, when it borders on auto salvage, even the legitimate private sellers lie through their teeth and for sure the car dealer is the most honest amongst men. The unknown to you independent garage hit you with bullshit advisory items whearas the main chains don't.. And  the so called liberals use mob rule /mentality to cause chaos . Full circle indeed . Need wisdom in this game... 

Price increases again!  :D

Only posted on Tuesday that we've had some decent price increases, was inevitable seeing as the AH's have been going insane lately, but only 2 days later I've had another shift of around 2-3% where my Great Prices turned to Low, Good Price turned to Great.  Naturally updated the price back so another good price update for me.

Also noticed not many on the LOW PRICE side of things now so I can only imagine the "Let's Play Cheapest Price Wins" brigade have finally caught on that you need to make money to pay your bills.

Brilliant news, hope you're all "reaping" this period.  B)

Its killing me having money to spend and not having anything to buy.

Brought a few scrapers to break to keep me busy for a few weeks.

I bought a late ish 208 out of boredom the other day from Manheim. Low miles and ownership, good history. Left a ‘bid not to buy’ by proxy on it and a few other cars. Was amazed later when the email comes through as was well behind book  

What I didn’t notice was the ‘multiple unrecorded damage’ bit (as it was in a run of other cars I’d been looking at all grade 3 and above) It only had a couple of photos. I clearly confused it with one of the other cars or, more likely, was just not paying attention  

Anyway-It only needs about 800 quids worth of paint, EML sorting (bound to be the chain). All wheels doing and the clutch is high. 

What a div. oh well, serves me right :o)

• Sad 1

36 minutes ago, NOACROSS said:

I bought a late ish 208 out of boredom the other day from Manheim. Low miles and ownership, good history. Left a ‘bid not to buy’ by proxy on it and a few other cars. Was amazed later when the email comes through as was well behind book  

What I didn’t notice was the ‘multiple unrecorded damage’ bit (as it was in a run of other cars I’d been looking at all grade 3 and above) It only had a couple of photos. I clearly confused it with one of the other cars or, more likely, was just not paying attention  

Anyway-It only needs about 800 quids worth of paint, EML sorting (bound to be the chain). All wheels doing and the clutch is high. 

What a div. oh well, serves me right :o)

Haha I've done the same before, mine was a little bit more stupid confusing a Grade 3 with a Grade 5...  Eyes playing tricks on me and me not double checking by viewing the report.

VX Corsa Ltd Edt, every panel dented, interior solid, all exterior lights smashed and 1 mirror.  Ended up a grand into it while paying around CAP average.  Make maters worse, the bloody thing sat there for around a year too.

End of the day we all make mistakes and as long as you can take stock with your own errors and laugh at yourself for being an absolute lemon then you're doing ok.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Earunder said:

VX Corsa Ltd Edt, every panel dented, interior solid, all exterior lights smashed and 1 mirror.  Ended up a grand into it

Isn't that common with corsas :lol:

48 minutes ago, Earunder said:

Haha I've done the same before, mine was a little bit more stupid confusing a Grade 3 with a Grade 5...  Eyes playing tricks on me and me not double checking by viewing the report.

VX Corsa Ltd Edt, every panel dented, interior solid, all exterior lights smashed and 1 mirror.  Ended up a grand into it while paying around CAP average.  Make maters worse, the bloody thing sat there for around a year too.

End of the day we all make mistakes and as long as you can take stock with your own errors and laugh at yourself for being an absolute lemon then you're doing ok.

We've all done it ..  

First car in a week to fall within CAP for me. Purchased collecting tonight. Lets hope it isn't shit now :D:D:D

1 hour ago, JA Trader said:

First car in a week to fall within CAP for me. Purchased collecting tonight. Lets hope it isn't shit now :D:D:D

Fingers crossed for you 

Could be worse, a mate of mine runs a body shop and used to buy a lot of salvage from Copart.

Damaged cars on there are fetching more now than I can get straight examples for from BCA. All going to Eastern Europe, being repaired on the cheap and reimported and sold back here.

• Like 1

On 9/10/2019 at 4:58 PM, JA Trader said:

Evey thing i have wanted this last week has gone for well over cap ( Sometime nearly 2k over) I would love to know how some people make a money with the amount they bid.

What is Cap at the moment though? To me cap clean tends to be the starting point for the bids to begin at. I never price to cap retail 

Buy as cheap as you can, sell as high as you can repeat.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Lakeside said:

Could be worse, a mate of mine runs a body shop and used to buy a lot of salvage from Copart.

Damaged cars on there are fetching more now than I can get straight examples for from BCA. All going to Eastern Europe, being repaired on the cheap and reimported and sold back here.

I started off with salvage cars but as you say was ending up spending more on them than they going through BCA still have 3 i cant shift. Might keep one as a courtesy car tbh.

• Like 1

Prices have started this week strong, not much making less than CC.

Retail prices seem to have gone up mainly on the Ford Range (Edge's, Focus's)

Not quite sure what's going on as it's never really gone on for this long before.  I mean the AH's are so confident of getting silly money that they're starting the bid at more or less CC regardless of the grade, SH, owners, etc.  Madness.

Just walked out of Aston Barclay Chelmsford. Wanted an a5 cap clean £7600 went for £8650

saw a lovely c4 grand Picasso in white wanted to pay £4700 went for £5800.

i took myself and my coffee back to the car park pronto!

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Grantlfc81 said:

Just walked out of Aston Barclay Chelmsford. Wanted an a5 cap clean £7600 went for £8650

saw a lovely c4 grand Picasso in white wanted to pay £4700 went for £5800.

i took myself and my coffee back to the car park pronto!

It's amazing me where there's a profit at the prices they are making.  Absolutely insane, literally insane, I'm actually mind boggled.

Don't blame you.  Gonna veto this week myself haha.

=======================================

Actual UPDATE!!! Just got one!!! First one in like 10 days haha

Wasn't on my list but a little cheapy, DS4 HDi Sport in white.  I feel like a fisherman that's just hooked it's first marlin

• Like 1

What is Cap at the moment though? To me cap clean tends to be the starting point for the bids to begin at. I never price to cap retail therefore whats the point of buying to cap clean.

That Audi A5 would still have profit in it.  

Buy as cheap as you can, sell as high as you can repeat.

Actually Managed to win another one £1000 below cap.

Never mind the fact its smoking like there is no tomorrow. Dont even think it was driven through the Hall  :D:D

I should point out i wanted it like this and was cheaper than i was hoping for aswell

Edited by JA Trader
  • Like 1