JA Trader

Interesting Viewing.

Had a very interesting viewing the other evening. I am selling a clio 182 as you may of seen in another thread.

Got a text at about half 7. One liner can i come and have a look at your clio ? I replied yes thinking they would arrange a time tomorrow or the weekend. Message came back im only 20 minutes away from you i will be there by 8. Oh well i wasn't doing anything anyway and its quiet at the moment so i am not turning viewings down.

Two young lads show up. First words out of there mouths. "Were both mechanics we know what we are looking at" Oh just exactly what i need at 8pm on Tuesday. Anyway cut a long story short they went over the car with a fine tooth comb pointing out every issue on it that didn't exist. This is noisy that is noisy your belts are squeaking. Its a 15 year old highly modified clio cup i cant change what it is.

Let them take it for a short accompanied test drive. Both again got out the car complaining about this issue and that noise. Fuck me i thought its nearly 9 what am i doing with my time here (At this point i was fairly certain they both just fancied a little test drive. Turned round and said lads its obviously got to many issues for you so lets just go our separate ways. Oh no they said we will take it but want to make an offer. Backwards and forwards a few times. Settled with a small amount off for a wheel refurb. Paid and gone before half 9.

Just shows you how strange this business can be.

I asked them where they both worked as mechanics and the response i got: We work in the office at Kwik Fit. Took all my power not to laugh in there faces.

11 minutes ago, JA Trader said:

I asked them where they both worked as mechanics and the response i got: We work in the office at Kwik Fit. Took all my power not to laugh in there faces

What a pair of plonkers . I would have had to say something to them :lol:

19 minutes ago, JA Trader said:

Had a very interesting viewing the other evening. I am selling a clio 182 as you may of seen in another thread.

Got a text at about half 7. One liner can i come and have a look at your clio ? I replied yes thinking they would arrange a time tomorrow or the weekend. Message came back im only 20 minutes away from you i will be there by 8. Oh well i wasn't doing anything anyway and its quiet at the moment so i am not turning viewings down.

Two young lads show up. First words out of there mouths. "Were both mechanics we know what we are looking at" Oh just exactly what i need at 8pm on Tuesday. Anyway cut a long story short they went over the car with a fine tooth comb pointing out every issue on it that didn't exist. This is noisy that is noisy your belts are squeaking. Its a 15 year old highly modified clio cup i cant change what it is.

Let them take it for a short accompanied test drive. Both again got out the car complaining about this issue and that noise. Fuck me i thought its nearly 9 what am i doing with my time here (At this point i was fairly certain they both just fancied a little test drive. Turned round and said lads its obviously got to many issues for you so lets just go our separate ways. Oh no they said we will take it but want to make an offer. Backwards and forwards a few times. Settled with a small amount off for a wheel refurb. Paid and gone before half 9.

Just shows you how strange this business can be.

I asked them where they both worked as mechanics and the response i got: We work in the office at Kwik Fit. Took all my power not to laugh in there faces.

Just shows that you should never pre judge even though we all do.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, stockedup! said:

Just shows that you should never pre judge even though we all do.

I try my best to not pre judge ever. But this pair had me and my business partner is fits of laughter after they had left.

Daddy must of told them to play hard ball when buying a car

I know a couple of traders who would've just lost their rag, been rude and assumed they're messers. I think it's a case of listening to what people are really saying and working around that - sounds like you did a good deal.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, David Horgan said:

What a pair of plonkers . I would have had to say something to them :lol:

I was so tempted but customer is always right especially when they are buying a car. :D:D:D

I would have had such a sour face on me! Good on you for keeping it professional and getting a sale!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, trade vet said:

It’s a ‘trade sale’ ,CRA does not apply !

Missed a trick with that one

16 minutes ago, tradegirl said:

I would have had such a sour face on me! Good on you for keeping it professional and getting a sale!

Always remain professional in front of the customer. Once the front door is shut then its a different story.

19 minutes ago, tradegirl said:

Yes TG come on your a professional just smile . 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Casper said:

Yes TG come on your a professional just smile . 

I have no poker face! My thoughts are written on my face lol. 

4 minutes ago, tradegirl said:

Lol 

4 minutes ago, tradegirl said:

Always smile. Always be polite. Always so no to there first offer without even thinking.

12 minutes ago, JA Trader said:

Always smile. Always be polite. Always so no to there first offer without even thinking.

This is the way to go TG good advice 

Edited by Casper
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, JA Trader said:

2 hours ago, JA Trader said:

Its a 15 year old highly modified clio cup i cant change what it is.

I'm going start using this line (highly modified clio cup excluded). Good thing to get across, always learning in this game. 

I've had a few wasters this past week.

One couple came to see my Tiguan, on a 15 with 40k FMDSH, 1 Previous, 2 keys, Match spec so NAV, self parking etc etc.

Retail is £11,400, it's on at £10,995.

Apart from one tiny speck of stone chip (I mean tiny, not dent) It is just what they are looking for then asks whether we have any more coming in?  

A) Probably not as good as this one - gone for a think :rolleyes:

4 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

One couple came to see my Tiguan, on a 15 with 40k FMDSH, 1 Previous, 2 keys, Match spec so NAV, self parking etc etc.

Apart from one tiny speck of stone chip (I mean tiny, not dent) It is just what they are looking for then asks whether we have any more coming in?  

i say yes three later in the week,give me your number and i will call when they arrive,you can have first pickings

guess they are still waiting for that call.............

39 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

My answer to that is always, yes, when I have sold this one.

Kills the conversation dead but either makes them buy it or forces them to "jog on".

Edited by CRW

Had an appointment with a guy and his partner on a Focus 1.0 eco boost last week.

Makes all the right noises so we go for a test drive. Again says all the right things on the test drive.

Come back asks for a quick word with his partner. Then comes over and asks to test drive a Megane diesel!!

Here we go I think.

Turned out his partner wanted the Megane. Result!

Just had a lovely straight deal on my S Class.  Lovely couple, both Bulgarian.

Propped via my website, accepted - came with all their details/ID to satisfy Close Bros and their PX was better than expected.

Hadn't seen the car only my video, quick look around and big smiles - back off to Sunny Devon.

Why can't everyone behave like this?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Mark101 said:

Just had a lovely straight deal on my S Class.  Lovely couple, both Bulgarian.

Propped via my website, accepted - came with all their details/ID to satisfy Close Bros and their PX was better than expected.

Hadn't seen the car only my video, quick look around and big smiles - back off to Sunny Devon.

Why can't everyone behave like this?

Its so easy when you get a sale like that. Efficient, quick and easy, a buyer thats actually read the advert or watched the video.And no hard sell required. Good work, and thats your hard work and set up paying off for you.

• Like 1