MrV

Corsa Seatbelt not winding back quick enough......

Took a deposit on a 12 Ltd edition corsa yesterday on the basis I sort a few things out, this included, seriously, the fact the front seatbelts dont return quick enough, I give up.

You can probably clean them to improve. Crap and dust etc collecting in the mechanism

sure I read a good clean and spray of wd40 can return decent results

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, SC Derby said:

You can probably clean them to improve. Crap and dust etc collecting in the mechanism

sure I read a good clean and spray of wd40 can return decent results

Yep that's all it is SC Derby, I'm just amazed that's what he picked up on 

52 minutes ago, MrV said:

Do you have another Corsa, are they the same?  Attach some bungee cords to them so if he misses the belt buckle they retract much quicker into his face or taking out a window :lol:

1 hour ago, MrV said:

There’s your job for this afternoon then :)

10 minutes ago, SC Derby said:

There’s your job for this afternoon then :)

No chance its Morecambe carnival I'm off out to perv on the local scum :P:P

20 minutes ago, Rory RSC said:

Do you have another Corsa, are they the same?  Attach some bungee cords to them so if he misses the belt buckle they retract much quicker into his face or taking out a window :lol:

Haha good shout, they are all like it there absolutely nothing wrong with it! He also asked where the nuts for the spare wheel were and if I'd include a set with the sale, oh and his son (who the cars for) was 2 feet from writing it off on the test drive

Had this on a Clio before, i ordered up 2 new fronts just to keep the customer happy and it made no difference whatsoever! She still bought though thankfully lol

Edited by NITM

1 hour ago, MrV said:

Took a deposit on a 12 Ltd edition corsa yesterday on the basis I sort a few things out, this included, seriously, the fact the front seatbelts dont return quick enough, I give up.

Pull it out all the way , wipe clean with damp cloth , Spray silicone on mech and the belt , they just get clogged 

1 hour ago, David Horgan said:

Pull it out all the way , wipe clean with damp cloth , Spray silicone on mech and the belt , they just get clogged 

Also behind the B pillar trim half way down there is a metal loop/bar it passes through. Clean that too

3 hours ago, MrV said:

Just be honest and tell them it’s done 200k more than the clock says. 

A good clean, and pledge or mr sheen works well to make them go back a little quicker. 

WTF? Cleaning seatbelts cos they don’t retract fast enough!?!! Tell the man to fuck off, he sounds like the sort of punter who’ll live with you.

• Like 2

Give it a week or so after you sell it & we'll get a tasty refund thread. They sound like right dicks. Can't wait.

• Like 1

Asking for trouble . he will be back with every little niggle as the others have said the windows get wet when it rains type

furniture polish from Aldi its pennies a can is what I've used in the past ..

Edited by Casper

well one of my pet hates is seriously slow seat belt returns to the point ive tripped on them rushing out of cars so i guess some of you wont be selling me a car anytime soon,ive got all the right money and everythink oh and i dont want a warranty used to be in this job you see  so i know there worthless, pound notes too so you'll do me a deal...................................................................................................