NacMan

Price Low on AutoTrader

Don't you thin Priced low seems a bit dull and makes it seem like there something wrong with the vehicle? Whereas great and good price sounds much better. I think im going to start listing my vehicle with that rather than priced low.

11 minutes ago, NacMan said:

Don't you thin Priced low seems a bit dull and makes it seem like there something wrong with the vehicle? Whereas great and good price sounds much better. I think im going to start listing my vehicle with that rather than priced low.

So up to now have you been deliberately aiming your pricing to get a "low price" marker?

Well I aim to have my vehicles cheaper than others in a 60 mile radius.

59 minutes ago, Row said:

So up to now have you been deliberately aiming your pricing to get a "low price" marker?

The mantra from the Schoolboys and Schoolgirls at autotrader is that your pricing target should be “good price” as their research apparently tells them that is the optimum price band to get the maximum viewers.

Priced Low apparently make the punters suspicious and may miss searches centering round the optimum price point for that car....or some such jargon which took so long to explain I wasn’t actually listening.

What I deduced is that their analytics may be good for volume shifters, but means shit to me and I know far better about pricing MY cars than they do and I proved it to them. 

Price your own cars to suit your own market.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, XFS said:

The mantra from the Schoolboys and Schoolgirls at autotrader is that your pricing target should be “good price” as their research apparently tells them that is the optimum price band to get the maximum viewers.

Priced Low apparently make the punters suspicious and may miss searches centering round the optimum price point for that car....or some such jargon which took so long to explain I wasn’t actually listening.

What I deduced is that their analytics may be good for volume shifters, but means shit to me and I know far better about pricing MY cars than they do and I proved it to them. 

Price your own cars to suit your own market.

My targets markets a whole wide spread. We range from £10000 to £100000 so. We're sort of stuck :)

8 minutes ago, NacMan said:

My targets markets a whole wide spread. We range from £10000 to £100000 so. We're sort of stuck :)

Well, if you have a spread of stock which includes 100k cars you certainly don't need my advice or that of most people on here.

You should be giving us advice :)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, XFS said:

Well, if you have a spread of stock which includes 100k cars you certainly don't need my advice or that of most people on here.

You should be giving us advice :)

Lol well this format has only been in AutoTrader recently I've been trading since 2002 had a break from 2013 to 2019 and just started again this month due to property rebuilds and sold the odd car in that time frame. So all these updates have sort of hit me hard lol.

Did I ever say 1k hmmmmm. We don't hold poor vehicles in our showroom the cheapest vehicle we have is a fiat 500 colour therapy. 4250. All our vehicles hold some sort of extras which make the vehicles stand out.

21 hours ago, NacMan said:

Why on gods earth would you want to be the cheapest in 60 miles :o

• Like 1

Tradex. If you can’t tell the difference between £1000 and £10000 I’ll be round in the morning to buy a few motors off you. #shouldhavegonetospecsavers

2 hours ago, David Horgan said:

Why on gods earth would you want to be the cheapest in 60 miles :o

Why not,selling heavy stuff.There is a huge population and good road links within 60 miles or an hour from Manchester.Its not like the SE where I found that punters did not want to travel 10 miles because it took them too long. Good luck to them.

39 minutes ago, SuperLease said:

The quality of adverts will be the search criteria , not low to high . But the price markers will still remain eg ; Low , Good , Great 

Its funny how they can't stop messing around with it, i prefered  it when it was a simple search and not a cluttered desktop with all the advertising, i advertise across all the platforms and i must admit it ain't generating the most enquiries or even the best for me will be interesting to see what this search will do now. I can see if you don't put a lot of effort and have one of their better packages it won't be worth advertising on there any more

3 minutes ago, Lazz said:

Its funny how they can't stop messing around with it, i prefered  it when it was a simple search and not a cluttered desktop with all the advertising, i advertise across all the platforms and i must admit it ain't generating the most enquiries or even the best for me will be interesting to see what this search will do now. I can see if you don't put a lot of effort and have one of their better packages it won't be worth advertising on there any more

Agreed, don't really like the idea as It makes me think we will be attracting the most annoying customers in every way possible and not the real genuine buyers but we will wait and see

1 hour ago, David Horgan said:

The quality of adverts will be the search criteria , not low to high . But the price markers will still remain eg ; Low , Good , Great 

What would you say makes a quality advert?

16 minutes ago, NacMan said:

What would you say makes a quality advert?

having a quality car;)

iv'e read the link, they quote " important too still price too market giving quicker sales which means more profit" this is utter bollocks, i don't want autotrader office children telling me how to undersell a car because it's been compared with rubbish by an algorithm, i'd rather they educate the public why my rare low mileage perfect car is worth a premium, (example). i'm not bothered if it takes me a month to sell a quality unit at a premium because that is what really earns me more profit, not underselling it quick at a low price, they must think we are all stupid.

despite all the constant change i still think you can be immune to it by only selling lower mileage stock, i do believe better customers main search criteria is mileage based then price, there's never much to chose from once you alter the mileage search box.

AT,, they'l always be just a host to me, never a partner.

6 minutes ago, awc1000 said:

having a quality car;)

iv'e read the link, they quote " important too still price too market giving quicker sales which means more profit" this is utter bollocks, i don't want autotrader office children telling me how to undersell a car because it's been compared with rubbish by an algorithm, i'd rather they educate the public why my rare low mileage perfect car is worth a premium, (example). i'm not bothered if it takes me a month to sell a quality unit at a premium because that is what really earns me more profit, not underselling it quick at a low price, they must think we are all stupid.

despite all the constant change i still think you can be immune to it by only selling lower mileage stock, i do believe better customers main search criteria is mileage based then price, there's never much to chose from once you alter the mileage search box.

AT,, they'l always be just a host to me, never a partner.

Im selling a fiat 500 colour therapy 63 35000 miles had no interest for a about a week or two, of course the fake car gurus leads but its up for 3900 at moment .

not sure what to do my cars usually fly out or have at least some interest!

48 minutes ago, NacMan said:

Im selling a fiat 500 colour therapy 63 35000 miles had no interest for a about a week or two, of course the fake car gurus leads but its up for 3900 at moment .

not sure what to do my cars usually fly out or have at least some interest!

A week or two? I’m doing something wrong. Or you’re talking bollocks. 

Edited by NOACROSS

49 minutes ago, NOACROSS said:

A week or two? I’m doing something wrong. Or you’re talking bollocks. 

What do you mean ?

49 minutes ago, NOACROSS said:

Maybe somebody else can fill in the blanks...

So you hold stock for more than 2 weeks? ok even 3

9 minutes ago, NacMan said:

So you hold stock for more than 2 weeks? ok even 3

Most do its good your shifting them so quick keep up the good work guess your buying the right stock for your market 

Edited by Casper

52 minutes ago, Casper said:

Most do its good your shifting them so quick keep up the good work guess your buying the right stock for your market 

I do get the odd one that sits for ages and you just want to sell it for nothing lol but that's everynow and again.

• Like 1