Eriqson

Yet Another Platform for Used Cars...

Hello everyone!

Newbie here...

To the dealers in the house!

How does a subscription-based platform sound with no additional fees to buyers or sellers/dealers? The value proposition is that there will be no additional charges/fees regardless of business volumes, and the subscription would be a fraction of what you currently pay on autotrader, gumtree or ebay. I'm developing a platform with aggregated services, one of them being a convergence of buyers and sellers of used automobiles; the other host of services are set to pull in a number of targeted demographics based on public mobility - so there will be a large pool of subscribers to advertise your goods to.

All work relating to integrating and publishing your content will be taking on by us, and there will also be a reasonable trial period.

Would this be of interest?

Kind regards,

Eriqson!

14 minutes ago, Eriqson said:

a platform with aggregated services, one of them being a convergence of buyers and sellers of used automobiles; the other host of services are set to pull in a number of targeted demographics based on public mobility - so there will be a large pool of subscribers to advertise your goods to.

14 minutes ago, Eriqson said:

ll work relating to integrating and publishing your content will be taking on by us, and there will also be a reasonable trial period.

Convergence of buyers and sellers :blink:targeted demographics :blink: pools of subscribers :huh:

Fancy phrases , mean nothing my friends , we see this type of thing every day of the week , 

I'm out , all the best though 

5 minutes ago, Blenheim Car Sales said:

I think i speak for a  good number on here........................  in short NO

10/10 I'm backing you there 

1 minute ago, justina3 said:

Have you got a big boat in Spain ? 

:lol::D:rolleyes: now now :lol:

That one nearly got to fighting talk :D

20 minutes ago, David Horgan said:

:lol::D:rolleyes: now now :lol:

That one nearly got to fighting talk :D

where mr brumz gone? i'm missing the wind up...i even offered to double his start up investment, still waiting to hear where to send my pound coin;)

I'm in, sounds like a great idea, how much money do you want :D

3 hours ago, justina3 said:

Have you got a big boat in Spain ? 

:lol:

And a two up two down cheap semi in a not so nice part of Leeds...... :lol:

Edited by Arfur Dealy

The title of this thread says it all.

Edited by Row

Ha ha!!!

I saw the brumz thread; I have been doing my homework....

It's not pie in the sky, and I'm not asking for investment money.

The fancy terms:

Convergence of buyers and sellers - perhaps I should have said potential buyers and sellers as the platform is not solely targeted at people in the car market, but the overall theme is that the respective services are focused on the movement people and goods

(...no big boat in Spain)

Targeted demographics - This one is accurate; each service has it's own value proposition targeted and a clear demographic. They are subscription-based; again a fraction of what they already pay, but crucially there are also a number other novel services as well as an underlying privacy incentive why users will be willing to subscribe - I've already done the survey and know how to make this work.

Pool of subscribers - speaks for itself

This is not a case of trying to squeeze out as much revenue from dealers as possible - it is of course mutually beneficial! ...and I can't swim so still not looking for a big boat!

I've looked into gumtree/ebay/autotrader/etc., and I see improvements and simplifications that could be made all round and yet remain productive; the same goes for some of the other services I'm incorporating.

The monthly subscription for dealerships will be somewhere between £18-£25/month; yet to finalize the model...

(...no two up two down cheap semi either!)

I understand the scepticism, which is why I chose the awesome title "Yet another platform..."!

But don't be too concerned, you'll be able to make sound judgments once the service goes live. The platform is still under design which is I why I'm looking to engage now in order to bake the service into the platform rather than it being an add-on.

By the way, there are also no additional fees/charges to prospective car buyers beyond the platform subscription (which includes a host of bundled services) - and added feature/financial benefits will be incorporated as further incentives for car buyers.

No one is being nickel and dimed on this platform...

I'm happy to take any questions/queries on this. Alternatively, perhaps better if i come back once the service is up and running so you could judge for yourselves then :)

Apologies if you answered this already -but too many words for my brain to take in this morning: 

How are you going to get customers (potential buyers) of our cars to your site?

40 minutes ago, NOACROSS said:

How are you going to get customers (potential buyers) of our cars to your site?

In the same way you'll get me on a low-carb diet. You just tell the person what they should do and they do it...

If that question had an easy answer AutoTrader's share price would reflect it. 

4 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

In the same way you'll get me on a low-carb diet. You just tell the person what they should do and they do it...

If that question had an easy answer AutoTrader's share price would reflect it. 

Do carbs in alcohol count? ;0)

9 minutes ago, NOACROSS said:

Do carbs in alcohol count? ;0)

Sure they do. Beer is all carbs. But if someone tells you to stop it you would :-)

I know. Let’s make an awesome beer. Put it in a nice bottle, photo it and put it in a dark cave somewhere. 

Get some new guy to put it on ‘the internet’. Wait for the money to roll in. 

God I’m negative. 

Someome will prove us wrong soon and reinvent the (steering?) wheel. Allegro anyone?

To the OP. Please ignore my crusty sarcasm and enlighten us on how traffic will be driven to your cave. I mean site. 

users To my cave! Love it :)))) Must use that sometime...

I agree, it's not easy to shift traffic from autotrader, or any other site for that matter; then again I'm not in direct competition with them.

Social media users have been expressing concern over the monetization/exploitation of user privacy and content. What is well known is that users have been leaving the likes of FB in droves; (might not seem that evident as other users have been taking their place). With the right cocktail (from the dark cave!) of value-add services and guaranteed protection of user rights/privacy, social media users just might be willing to get onboard a subscription-based platform. Some say it's a huge gamble. Everything is, but i do have the survey to back it up. I just need to put together the right plan and one hell of an execution strategy...

So providing a service for converging used car buyers and sellers is just consequential, not the ultimate goal. it's just one of many services to justify subscribing to a social media platform...

I'm just a concerned citizen :)

Edited by Eriqson
correction

agree, it's not easy to shift traffic from autotrader, or any other site for that matter; then again I'm not in direct competition with them.

35 minutes ago, Eriqson said:

So providing a service for converging used car buyers and sellers is just consequential, not the ultimate goal.

Oh dear 

Autotrader will sell the car before your system gets it out for viewing , there lies the problem for every idea like this one that's ever come before us . many have tried and none are around anymore .

That's why we are all sceptical of these ideas that people dream up . 

The above points from your post are worrying indeed , as your either going to try and sell cars on a site or your not , the words not easy , not in direct competition , not the ultimate goal , just consequential  shows its not going to be a car selling site doesn't it .

If your going to reinvent the wheel , you need to be a direct competitor , it needs to be the goal , you have to make it easy , you have to show you can shift traffic from other sites .There's so much more to Autotrader than you will ever know probably , certainly more to selling cars than you probably know too . 

You have to imagine Mr Mrs buyer one evening deciding to look for a new car  , I want a Golf in blue for £6500 , they either know of Car guru from TV adds , Autotrader because their dad knew of it , or Ebay , then the search starts , Hey Ive found one 16 miles away lets ring /email , text , or visit on Friday after work . 

How the F##k they going to find you , and there lies the problem with 99% of us not wanting to pay you anything . Be 100% really but there's always one :rolleyes:

Sorry but that's the process , we have to accept it works that way , not cheap , but it works .

Again though all the best with it . 

Thanks for the insight David!

I have factored in that people mostly will stick to what they know. I'm also under no illusions that I have my work cut out in developing an effective awareness strategy that would drive traffic to the respective services I'll be hosting. The fact it's not going to happen overnight is an understatement, but I do see it as achievable...

Just to clarify, in so far as used car purchases, all I'll be doing is putting buyers and sellers in touch, where car details/descriptions can be advertised/viewed, run DVLA/HPI checks etc. Beyond that, everything else happens offline. This might clarify what I mean by not being in direct competition as I know other sites also handle financial transactions up to a point, etc.

You're spot on, I know little about autotrader and other sites, and I'm not going to pretend I know more than I actually do. However, I am taking a different approach by offering a simplified/skeletal service. I'm interested in the traffic; while they're interested in the actual deals. If the users are already on my site, car purchases is an occasional requirement - which is why it's a value-add, just like other services I will be providing (and already paid for).

56 minutes ago, David Horgan said:

agree, it's not easy to shift traffic from autotrader, or any other site for that matter; then again I'm not in direct competition with them.

Oh dear 

Autotrader will sell the car before your system gets it out for viewing , there lies the problem for every idea like this one that's ever come before us . many have tried and none are around anymore .

That's why we are all sceptical of these ideas that people dream up . 

The above points from your post are worrying indeed , as your either going to try and sell cars on a site or your not , the words not easy , not in direct competition , not the ultimate goal , just consequential  shows its not going to be a car selling site doesn't it .

If your going to reinvent the wheel , you need to be a direct competitor , it needs to be the goal , you have to make it easy , you have to show you can shift traffic from other sites .There's so much more to Autotrader than you will ever know probably , certainly more to selling cars than you probably know too . 

You have to imagine Mr Mrs buyer one evening deciding to look for a new car  , I want a Golf in blue for £6500 , they either know of Car guru from TV adds , Autotrader because their dad knew of it , or Ebay , then the search starts , Hey Ive found one 16 miles away lets ring /email , text , or visit on Friday after work . 

How the F##k they going to find you , and there lies the problem with 99% of us not wanting to pay you anything . Be 100% really but there's always one :rolleyes:

Sorry but that's the process , we have to accept it works that way , not cheap , but it works .

Again though all the best with it . 

OP. This I agree with, although more and more people google search ‘ I want a car init’ or similar. Getting your result/service up the list is where the challenge and the money is for me  

I may have neglected to ever mention that I don’t advertise on AT anymore and never will again ;o) so you would have thought I’d be in your lane. As said above though, you're really underestimating the challenge ahead of you to get anywhere near AT so you’d be better off striking their name from the entire record above. 

If you’re building a service data base like say - Money Supermarket, or Compare The Market, then I guess I sort of see what you’re aiming for. 

Good luck though- you come across well and not too up yourself like many others we have entertained. Brumz etc. 

Edited by NOACROSS

It's is essentially, but maybe the service is more suited for private buyers and sellers for now as it means they avoid paying significantly high upload and final transaction fees on the current sites.

Perhaps once I get the site to the point of high traffic it would have more appeal for dealerships... chicken and egg scenario!

6 hours ago, Eriqson said:

Ha ha!!!

I saw the brumz thread; I have been doing my homework....

It's not pie in the sky, and I'm not asking for investment money.

The fancy terms:

Convergence of buyers and sellers - perhaps I should have said potential buyers and sellers as the platform is not solely targeted at people in the car market, but the overall theme is that the respective services are focused on the movement people and goods

(...no big boat in Spain)

Targeted demographics - This one is accurate; each service has it's own value proposition targeted and a clear demographic. They are subscription-based; again a fraction of what they already pay, but crucially there are also a number other novel services as well as an underlying privacy incentive why users will be willing to subscribe - I've already done the survey and know how to make this work.

Pool of subscribers - speaks for itself

This is not a case of trying to squeeze out as much revenue from dealers as possible - it is of course mutually beneficial! ...and I can't swim so still not looking for a big boat!

I've looked into gumtree/ebay/autotrader/etc., and I see improvements and simplifications that could be made all round and yet remain productive; the same goes for some of the other services I'm incorporating.

The monthly subscription for dealerships will be somewhere between £18-£25/month; yet to finalize the model...

(...no two up two down cheap semi either!)

I understand the scepticism, which is why I chose the awesome title "Yet another platform..."!

But don't be too concerned, you'll be able to make sound judgments once the service goes live. The platform is still under design which is I why I'm looking to engage now in order to bake the service into the platform rather than it being an add-on.

By the way, there are also no additional fees/charges to prospective car buyers beyond the platform subscription (which includes a host of bundled services) - and added feature/financial benefits will be incorporated as further incentives for car buyers.

No one is being nickel and dimed on this platform...

I'm happy to take any questions/queries on this. Alternatively, perhaps better if i come back once the service is up and running so you could judge for yourselves then :)

as you have mentioned it's probably best if you come back when the venture is physical, the last person on here to ask for an opinion on new start up (brumz) at least had something that was physical for us to evaluate, although it was a poor effort.

you sound like a decent positive type and i wish you good luck, but quoting a cost to use before being physical is naive, best if you show us the cake first and then ask us if we want to taste it.