Eriqson

Yet Another Platform for Used Cars...

I really don’t see how AT’s domination can be beaten, huge players with millions and millions invested can’t even get close. Of course the others get some run off but it’s pittance in comparison. 

Look at the dominance of FB over the world. Marketplace is free and it still can’t attract quality buyers, maybe this’ll change of the next few years but I doubt it. I would love to lose the horrendous AT bill but they get results consistently. 

Wait wait... so your main selling point for your site is user privacy?

You think that someone is going to use a site that advertising cars and chose your site because it's the most private? Who gives a shit that their behaviour on a site they're using to buy a car is being monitored?

It's actually the other way round. The buying/selling of cars at a reduced cost is an ancillary benefit, not the main driver...

Buying/selling of cars is just one of the added benefits giving further justification to a subscription-based platform.

I agree, AT is very embedded in the car market. I don't think they are likely to be dislodged anytime soon, but there is room for an alternative service if it is positioned correctly. Again, a major challenge no doubt...