Sign in to follow this  
friar

Are Used Car Prices About To Collapse ?

Two or three used car dealers I know not buying because business quiet!

There's enough bad news about to warrant this.

What's your thoughts?

Doubt it! Used cars are in strong demand it is a bit quieter at the moment but the country is  abit upside down with this brexit rubbish, having said that the auctions rung me today to know if I was attending this week so perhaps they are quiet? Rarely go to the block now. 

It’s happened before. It’ll happen again. As long as you have some buying power left after blowing your brains on some stock - it’ll be OK. 

A readjustment in market prices is a good thing generally, as gets the cautious spending again.  

19 minutes ago, friar said:

Two or three used car dealers I know not buying because business quiet!

There's enough bad news about to warrant this.

What's your thoughts?

Yes we are all doomed.

Factory shutdowns/reductions resulting in shortage of new cars stock resulting in supply shocks to nearly new at the moment...

2nd hand car market will always be fine aslong as you're willing to adapt. What else are people going to buy when no one can give finance on a new car anymore?

• Like 1

Auction prices have defiantly been lower this year than previous years, even the post Xmas price hike didn’t last long.

Im not to worried just yet though. Still selling enough.

We are smashing our best month by a long way. We are on 18 for the month already and the auctions were mostly over book tonight at Aston Barclay Chelmsford.  Diesel cars still in strong demand in Essex. We bought 7 car tonight and hoping to smash our record out of the water tonight. If you are quiet then change to something that works.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Grantlfc81 said:

We are smashing our best month by a long way. We are on 18 for the month already and the auctions were mostly over book tonight at Aston Barclay Chelmsford.  Diesel cars still in strong demand in Essex. We bought 7 car tonight and hoping to smash our record out of the water tonight. If you are quiet then change to something that works.

9 hours ago, Grantlfc81 said:

Great stuff Grant! You’re not on AT either no?

Apologies. Must be thinking of someone else. 

Good going 18 anyway. And diesels too. 

No you are right, I remember the recent thread Bye Bye Autotrader, maybe the 30 days cancellation haven’t passed yet. 

15 hours ago, twerp said:

Factory shutdowns/reductions resulting in shortage of new cars stock resulting in supply shocks to nearly new at the moment...

It is a little strange, manufactures are dumping standard spec new cars into the finance and rental markets but when you want anything with an option it goes factory order.  

Land Rover have also got a new system on their website similar to how the US market operates as you can see cars that are built and ready for delivery so they are clearly stockpiling.

LR have always stockpiled new cars and worried about selling them later

20 minutes ago, Contracts said:

It is a little strange, manufactures are dumping standard spec new cars into the finance and rental markets but when you want anything with an option it goes factory order.  

Land Rover have also got a new system on their website similar to how the US market operates as you can see cars that are built and ready for delivery so they are clearly stockpiling.

not selling

On ‎18‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 8:20 AM, NOACROSS said:

Apologies. Must be thinking of someone else. 

Good going 18 anyway. And diesels too. 

Thank you, yes, now 20 for the month with a nice lumpy one today

On ‎18‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 8:17 AM, Nick M.K. said:

Grant is on AT. 

I can still see 26 ads. 

I will have to hold my hands up, the 30 days passed, and we literally did 2 from car gurus, none from ebay and none from motors.

we have upped our auto trader to 31 now. and honestly its been ridiculously busy. 

Yes it's relatively quiet, majority of businesses are down in numbers this year and I'm not specifically talking about the motor industry. 

I wouldn't hold on to any money if you think prices are going to crash, keep your capital rotating the best way you can as this industry goes like this but I've never seen a MASSIVE price crash in my 25 years doing this.  Only thing I've noticed that are crashing HUGELY are R/R Sports 2015 -> but that's pretty much down to the market shifting and them loosing their "popularity", let's be honest they had a great stint and it was a successful ride.

It goes like this, I would say Brexit plays a small (Maybe 30%) part in it, but not solely the reason.  Around us, (South East) the roads are even quiet, the shops are quiet, it just doesn't seem busy anywhere.  Just keep playing the game to the best you know how.

I haven't noticed diesels slowing down either but that doesn't surprise me to be honest.  Lots of scare mongering out there.  The ULEZ charges have affected us with some older cars but that was inevitable being so close to the city.

1 hour ago, Grantlfc81 said:

Thank you, yes, now 20 for the month with a nice lumpy one today

I will have to hold my hands up, the 30 days passed, and we literally did 2 from car gurus, none from ebay and none from motors.

we have upped our auto trader to 31 now. and honestly its been ridiculously busy. 

that's great shooting fella:o, can i ask your location and what age /mileage kit you have sold? cheers.

It's amazing how bad the other advertisers can be and yet the only good one is THE MOST HATED provider in the whole UK motor trade industry. 

7 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

It's amazing how bad the other advertisers can be and yet the only good one is THE MOST HATED provider in the whole UK motor trade industry. 

Like. 

1 hour ago, awc1000 said:

that's great shooting fella:o, can i ask your location and what age /mileage kit you have sold? cheers.

Our website is fully updated now as of tonight - we are picking up 3 more tomorrow from aston barclays.

http://Www.villagecarsessex.co.uk  if you want to look at our stock profile.

Not a single one of these cars is a part exchange so we picked everyone of these out.

hows everyone else doing? I hope you’re all having a good month 

Our website is fully updated now as of tonight - we are picking up 3 more tomorrow from aston barclays.

Not a single one of these cars is a part exchange so we picked everyone of these out.

On 17/06/2019 at 10:33 PM, Grantlfc81 said:

. We bought 7 car tonight and hoping to smash our record out of the water tonight. If you are quiet then change to something that works.

Remind me. You're the fella who scoured Facebook marketplace and used in to take photos in a car park  ?

Progress ! 

Grant, your X3 has the wrong price on it mate, assume it feeds to AT so don't want you to miss a sale.

Great looking cars btw.