Sign in to follow this  
metcars

Paddock Wood

Well done all the guys at Paddock Wood today for doing a great job keeping the buyers away by closing the customer car park! Sadly, a few managed to get passed this initial obstacle, but hopefully next time they'll park some 'specs' outside to block off the site completely!

Edited by met

Its not good down there is it. The original car park was too small so they closed that one and moved people to an even smaller one. Trouble is I believe the site is operating way above it's capacity and badly needs expanding. Have you seen they are even storing cars at the Hop farm now

It’s happening at most bca sites, they are all overflowing with stock lately.

Wolverhampton visitor car park is now closed and used for storage, someone on another thread said Nottingham has halved its visitor car park, Walsall have had to buy/rent more land for storage and Measham expanded into their visitor and staff car park a while back.

Edited by Lakeside

I noticed Peterborough have taken on another vendor and the site is just crammed full now. I was at paddock wood for the first time on Monday, felt like I was walking into the 70's!

1 hour ago, Autolink100 said:

Its not good down there is it. The original car park was too small so they closed that one and moved people to an even smaller one. Trouble is I believe the site is operating way above it's capacity and badly needs expanding. Have you seen they are even storing cars at the Hop farm now

I said to the guy on the gate to the car park "didn't they want any customers?", He said, management reckon buyers can park elsewhere? I wouldn't leave my car in front of any of those industrial units for sure! But, I'm convinced we're being softened up for no public access and online only set up.

BCA is bending over to the vendors , brown nosing all the way , Vendors have taken over the running of the sites , this is where the problems are coming from regards car parking for us traders .

Vendors want to keep us away from viewing and listening to the cars in my opinion and buy online , add up the online fees 40,000 cars at online buyers charge , min staff needed , No cafe to run , cut down on girls on the windows taking payments and eventually no need for expensive auctioneers either , 

Vendors made BCA notts build new halls so supermkt buyers didn't have to walk from one hall to another so they spent a cool million putting two new halls back to back to keep the powers that be happy . 

they cant just be happy and leave it as it is , each new generation has to interfere .

Next generation will wonder why its not working , and reinvent a new system of lets invite traders to bid on site again , we could even put a thing called the auctioneer on a stool to take bids :lol:

Funny world isnt it  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, David Horgan said:

Vendors want to keep us away from viewing and listening to the cars in my opinion and buy online , add up the online fees 40,000 cars at online buyers charge , min staff needed , No cafe to run , cut down on girls on the windows taking payments and eventually no need for expensive auctioneers either ,

^^This! The auction sites will just become storage areas. You will sit at home bidding on pictures because they won't even have to bother to start and drive them. In fact, they must be looking at companies like Copart and how they auction thousands of vehicles without a physical sale. You can't bid unless you are account holder, with a verified bank account and ID check so no more 'bid and run' gimps!

We lose they win massively, especially as sales can run 24/7 so the private billies can play too.

I’ve wondered for a while now when they will go online only, collecting a car from any bca now is an absolute nightmare, unhelpful staff, can’t find car, then when you do find it has no fuel or a dead battery, terrible customer service from bca all the way 

On 02/05/2019 at 10:22 AM, David Horgan said:

Vendors made BCA notts build new halls so supermkt buyers didn't have to walk from one hall to another so they spent a cool million putting two new halls back to back to keep the powers that be happy . 

I dont understand the purpose of the new halls. 

Why have they retained the old ones?

I thought they would have 4 halls in total as they are quite a distance from the other 2.

Never been to the new halls when they got 2 simultaneous auctions on at the same time - how would you know which auctioneer is talking? There is nothing dividing the noise...and a little shitty sandwhich bar thing in the middle.

Oh when i get some grumpy arse telling me "ner ner management said you cant do this or that" i tell them to go back to their management and tell them punters arent here for a merry go round and that this management excuse is not going to work.

Some might say am being rude but when you're spending thousands on a car which you cant even drive you should get the opportunity to test it properly... And when they get arsey you have to tell them...

Recently one of our lads jumped in a car to test clutch and a grumpy shift runner said "OUT" And i told him the above... Anyways he goes well there was an accident once at a BCA site were a member of the public engaged the clutch and hit someone... And I said hold on sunshine... The same happened at paddock wood with one of the bca staff driving the car!

And oh if they are overspilling into car parks you do know sooner or later they might reduce the loyalty collection and payment times e.g. gold 3 days to pay and then 3 days to collect :rolleyes:

Just man up lads.... If you dont sooner or later they will squeeze more out of you.

10 hours ago, TangoVictor32 said:

I dont understand the purpose of the new halls. 

Why have they retained the old ones?

I thought they would have 4 halls in total as they are quite a distance from the other 2.

Never been to the new halls when they got 2 simultaneous auctions on at the same time - how would you know which auctioneer is talking? There is nothing dividing the noise...and a little shitty sandwhich bar thing in the middle.

Oh when i get some grumpy arse telling me "ner ner management said you cant do this or that" i tell them to go back to their management and tell them punters arent here for a merry go round and that this management excuse is not going to work.

Some might say am being rude but when you're spending thousands on a car which you cant even drive you should get the opportunity to test it properly... And when they get arsey you have to tell them...

Recently one of our lads jumped in a car to test clutch and a grumpy shift runner said "OUT" And i told him the above... Anyways he goes well there was an accident once at a BCA site were a member of the public engaged the clutch and hit someone... And I said hold on sunshine... The same happened at paddock wood with one of the bca staff driving the car!

And oh if they are overspilling into car parks you do know sooner or later they might reduce the loyalty collection and payment times e.g. gold 3 days to pay and then 3 days to collect :rolleyes:

Just man up lads.... If you dont sooner or later they will squeeze more out of you.

I think that they'll be online only in the future. No downside for them. So make the most of trying clutches and wiggling steering wheels, shitty expensive cafes and nightmare parking. The solution is coming soon enough!

Yes not been to a physical auction for months just buy online now, used to go to blackbushe but its a hell hole up there. 

10 hours ago, Tom said:

Yes not been to a physical auction for months just buy online now, used to go to blackbushe but its a hell hole up there. 

Same for me. Must be three years now since I actually went. Blackbushe is my nearest BCA also. 

I have been to my local dumping ground (SWVA Poole) a couple of times for a laugh. Hasn’t changed a bit since I was a kid. Same old faces. 

Just have to embrace online buying. On the whole it works out fine. Can’t think of anything that’s particularly bit me on the arse that wouldn’t have had I attended. I do limit my exposure though  

Rough with the smooth. Quite often descriptions have been better. Occasionally a bit worse.

You get the odd issue but mostly not worth moaning about I find  

Now DA descriptions- that’s another matter......as per the other thread. 

Hows every one doing this Bank Hols? Anyone opening today?

Friday and Saturday sold one each day. . Ghost Town yesterday apparently. Not holding out much hope for today but you never know. Glad I’m not in. 

11 hours ago, Tom said:

used to go to blackbushe but its a hell hole up there. 

I love the place.

NO physical auction I've ever been to presents so many opportunities if you are not there to get a specific car or a specific model. 

Just don't go and try to collect a car on the same day. The key office will make you wait for hours. 

3 hours ago, Nick M.K. said:

I love the place.

NO physical auction I've ever been to presents so many opportunities if you are not there to get a specific car or a specific model. 

Just don't go and try to collect a car on the same day. The key office will make you wait for hours. 

I've had some bargains up there over the years for sure but it's a long day and got harder everytime we went so gave up. We want the cars the same day as well to drive back! 

5 hours ago, NOACROSS said:

Same for me. Must be three years now since I actually went. Blackbushe is my nearest BCA also. 

I have been to my local dumping ground (SWVA Poole) a couple of times for a laugh. Hasn’t changed a bit since I was a kid. Same old faces. 

Just have to embrace online buying. On the whole it works out fine. Can’t think of anything that’s particularly bit me on the arse that wouldn’t have had I attended. I do limit my exposure though  

Rough with the smooth. Quite often descriptions have been better. Occasionally a bit worse.

You get the odd issue but mostly not worth moaning about I find  

Now DA descriptions- that’s another matter......as per the other thread. 

Friday and Saturday sold one each day. . Ghost Town yesterday apparently. Not holding out much hope for today but you never know. Glad I’m not in. 

I actually buy the leftover B.I.N cars across BCA/manheim and Aston B. Get some good cars at good prices. 

7 hours ago, NOACROSS said:

Handed two over on Saturday and drove the swapper home after placing one pic (unwashed) online just to run it before spending any money.

On Ebay at 6am this morning and up pops a message, will you take £2500 for the swapper.  I said leave £100 dipper and it will be ready.  He arrived at 10am and by 10.30, deposit taken.

This takes me to 5 for May.

Oh, and no AT bill ;)

11 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

Handed two over on Saturday and drove the swapper home after placing one pic (unwashed) online just to run it before spending any money.

On Ebay at 6am this morning and up pops a message, will you take £2500 for the swapper.  I said leave £100 dipper and it will be ready.  He arrived at 10am and by 10.30, deposit taken.

This takes me to 5 for May.

Oh, and no AT bill ;)

BIG :0) GRASSHOPPER ;0) If I could bring myself to use those yellow things it'd be the sunglasses one.

11 minutes ago, NOACROSS said:

BIG :0) GRASSHOPPER ;0) If I could bring myself to use those yellow things it'd be the sunglasses one.

B):lol:

1 hour ago, met said:

Is the parking still shit there? :unsure:

Parking is an absolute joke now they've moved the parking to infront of the main building, to the left of the entrance and nabbed the car park for transporter unloading, been twice on sale days and got blocked in both times.

Staff are so stressed and over worked, one guy I spoke to first thing this morning was almost in tears getting so worked up :mellow:

2 hours ago, pmpants said:

Parking is an absolute joke now they've moved the parking to infront of the main building, to the left of the entrance and nabbed the car park for transporter unloading, been twice on sale days and got blocked in both times.

Staff are so stressed and over worked, one guy I spoke to first thing this morning was almost in tears getting so worked up :mellow:

If everyone stuck together and raised this then they wouldnt do it.

But they know dealers always hate each other and cannot work together 

15 hours ago, TangoVictor32 said:

If everyone stuck together and raised this then they wouldnt do it.

But they know dealers always hate each other and cannot work together 

Well they're not legally obliged to provide customer parking, its a privelege. And obviously they would prefer you to buy online from the comfort of your own home?

18 hours ago, pmpants said:

It was the same last week to be honest. I don't mind a walk, where's the nearest public car park there, at the station? 

Edited by met

24 minutes ago, met said:

Well they're not legally obliged to provide customer parking, its a privelege. And if you aren't happy you can always buy online from the comfort of your own home?

It was the same last week to be honest. I don't mind a walk, where's the nearest public car park there, at the station? 

Paddock wood station car park, station approach, tn126er.

• Like 1

On 05/05/2019 at 10:34 AM, met said:

I think that they'll be online only in the future. No downside for them. So make the most of trying clutches and wiggling steering wheels, shitty expensive cafes and nightmare parking. The solution is coming soon enough!

They're already there if you  think about the E-Auctions using the vendors photos and they don't even posses the stock.

I'm so reluctant to buy online. I was interested in a grade 3 Yaris a few weeks ago at Paddock Wood and in the flesh, it was like they'd placed a walrus on top of it, wrapped it in sandpaper and stuck a firework up its backside, it was so badly scratched up. Every panel...

I can see the Retail Advert .....................

1 previous owner, now deceased, Mr Wally Russ who had an unfortunate incident with a roll of 80 grit and a Roman Candle ...................................

• Like 1