Sign in to follow this  
MarkTVS

Suzuki Jimny’s

I’ve heard the new ones are on a waiting list and are very popular but what about the old ones? We got one as a part exchange last week and I was surprised how high they capped, seems like a lot of money for a shonky looking old motor! 

Agreed pile of junk drive like an old tractor happy to take it off you 

We had one over the weekend 

2003 only 36k and red

Phone melted at £3,000

Not sure how much more we could have asked for a 16 year old Suzuki though!

I've just taken the convertible one in. 2004 79k miles in blue. Horrendous to drive rather drive  a defender. 

You’ll be lucky if there’s a floor left under the rear seats. Rotboxes, drive like pure shit (tbh I’d say they’re verging on dangerous) BUT there’s a very loyal hardcore who will pay the earth for them.

Awfull car, drives dreadful would n't want to drive one over 40mph especially in wind but surprisingly popular for some strange reason and never had a problem selling the few I have had over the years, would happily take one in part exchange

Horrible to drive on tarmac but very competent off road , had one in the family for a while now Y reg 40k on clock , paid £250 for it in Auction 5 yrs ago and now I'd get £2,500 /£3k for it easy . Madness just pure madness what they fetch .

4 minutes ago, tradex said:

I'll add, that they eat clutches and gearboxes too, but they do sell, god only knows why, they drive awful

40k and ours is on 3rd clutch :lol: , they are baby clutches though , not made for off road really I suppose . 

The four wheel vacuum pipes shit themselves too . Front King bearings Die . , rust can eat them away at rear as well . . 

:lol: Up here rust eats them away front and rear :D

1 hour ago, Dave2302 said:

:lol: Up here rust eats them away front and rear :D

Dont we know it too , saw a Disco last month that's lived up your end of the world all its life  , Wasn't a Nut & bolt  underneath it that had threads left :blink: rust was holding it together and it only had 23k on the clock at 8 yrs old , owner must have had a SALT Mine :o

LOL, it's the "Salt" the Highland Council use, fuckin' stuff is pure Brine !!

Also it's fact that 90% of up here is surrounded by Seawater ;)

I have to deal with that shit on a daily basis, seized rotten fastners, no heads left on bolts etc etc and that's on 3 year old Cars :(

Each winter I spray all mine underneath with a mixture of 50% Waxoyl and 50% el cheapo Asda Engine Oil, my Vehicles are like new underneath the grime :D

When I repair a Customers Car it gets new bolts with whatever, copious coppaslip and then Spray Grease over the Heads and Threads, works a treat next time I have to take a bolt out where I've been before ;)

I had to drill a lower swivel Clinch Bolt out of a Hub the other day on a Fiesta, so I could drop the lower swivel and do a CV Boot lololol

Jimnys are great news. Always have been

I've bought and sold loads a back in the day when we used to underwrite cars from our local Suzuki dealer.

Those were the days...underwriting cars. I digress

I watch them on DA now and they make fortunes. Must be one of the slowest depreciating cars on the road

17 hours ago, Dave2302 said:

I have to deal with that shit on a daily basis, seized rotten fastners, no heads left on bolts etc etc and that's on 3 year old Cars :(

And here's me struggling and moaning about the PITA that is removing old number plates screws :lol:

1 hour ago, Mark101 said:

And here's me struggling and moaning about the PITA that is removing old number plates screws :lol:

LOL, I remember them days, when I was down south ............. 

I never had much trouble with Suspension or Brake Bolts etc even on very old Cars, nowadays it's a daily occurrence, for which of course I add extra onto the Invoice for "Seized xyx etc" :D

4 hours ago, Mark101 said:

drill the screw head till it becomes nice and hot (blunt drill ideal) pull plate over now hot screw

remove screw with mole grips

never fails

3 hours ago, Dave2302 said:

LOL, I remember them days, when I was down south ............. 

I never had much trouble with Suspension or Brake Bolts etc even on very old Cars, nowadays it's a daily occurrence, for which of course I add extra onto the Invoice for "Seized xyx etc" :D

Old fords and mazdas must literally dissolve up there 

properly go to bed at night and come out the next morning to find a pile of rust on you drive instead of a car

Ive seen a 2011 MX5 fail test on terminal rot !!

Lived on Skye all of its short miserable life ....................

Arguably not a bad thing to happen to an MX5 :lol: 

1 hour ago, Dave2302 said:

Should have been scrapped as they came out the factory :D hate the bloody things 

Me too ;)

Nothing is a proper Sports car until it's got a big V8 in it !!

2 minutes ago, Dave2302 said:

Me too ;)

Nothing is a proper Sports car until it's got a big V8 in it !!

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo:(:D

6 hours ago, Dave2302 said:

Ive seen a 2011 MX5 fail test on terminal rot !!

Lived on Skye all of its short miserable life ....................

I didn’t realise the new shape ones suffered from rot same as the old ones! I currently have one up getting both rear sills welded! Schoolboy error for not checking!

On 11/04/2019 at 1:28 PM, jason doyle motor sales said:

drill the screw head till it becomes nice and hot (blunt drill ideal) pull plate over now hot screw

remove screw with mole grips

never fails

My method is to push progressively harder with a screwdriver until the plate cracks and then remove the broken pieces. Hammer screws into bumper! Never fails.:D