GentlemanJames

Low mileage cars attract odd people...

Anyone else notice that?!

Got a 55 plate fiesta, done 42k I took in PX. Great little car. £1800

My god... people asking 200 questions, people looking at 4 others, “getting insurance quotes”, “change in circumstances”, can no longer come and see it. ZERO ACTUAL VIEWINGS.. It’s a f**king tidy, fully working, long mot and full history fiesta mate, come see and buy it. It’s quite straight forward!!!

It will go, may be you're selling it too cheap. nice miles we would be £1995 minimum with that, if it's in good nick.

Got some bloke came in yesterday to look at a Volvo V50. As soon as he came in he said we want that car... then aaah I've got to see if there's enough room for my 2 kids booster seats in the back and if the boot is bigger than a Focus hatchback. He again says we like it etc.  Was here for about 45 minutes, at the end he said I'll let you know. 

You or I won't be the last to get these odd people, suppose it's all part of the game.

More odd people out there than normal ones, it'll sell don't worry about that. 

The trouble is with selling low mileage SMALL HATCHBACKS at 14yrs old around the £2000 mark is you’re bound to attract numpties. Anyone even considering dropping that sort of money into an old Fiesta clearly isn’t of sound mind anyway.

It’ll sell because the miles will sell it but I’d say dealing with the ‘odd’ comes with that market - tbh aren’t small hatchback buyers the fussiest, greediest, skintest bastards anyway?

• Like 3

I stopped retailing older fords with low miles we seem to get a lot of them for what ever reason, looking at our comeback stats these always bight us in the backside coil spings snapping for the fun, thrust bearings start to howl electric window regs the list goes on, we now just punt them on to another trader.

9 hours ago, GentlemanJames said:

Anyone else notice that?!

Got a 55 plate fiesta, done 42k I took in PX. Great little car. £1800

My god... people asking 200 questions, people looking at 4 others, “getting insurance quotes”, “change in circumstances”, can no longer come and see it. ZERO ACTUAL VIEWINGS.. It’s a f**king tidy, fully working, long mot and full history fiesta mate, come see and buy it. It’s quite straight forward!!!

We've sold  a number of cars for teenagers first cars (sell to one and they all come to you) but the problem is these are people who generally buy new/nearly new from main dealers. Buying a sub £2K car for them is a new experience, hence loads of random questions and a lot of issues with insurance quotes as many have no idea on insurance until they get a quote, and then the process becomes a lot more real as it's gone from £1800 to £3000 spend.

Mileage is a big scare for them so I'd think yours would be perfect.

If that Fiesta had done 20k,you could get at least £3000 from a EASY punter for it.You often see similar stuff in UKCG but they do about £2200.If I was a newbie doorstepper not paying VAT,I would have 2 or 3 similar things to get going in the job.After all,these days a good new child’s pushchair can cost £1500 so £3000 for a very low mileage small hatch makes sense to the punters.They have no idea about Cap valuations.

3 hours ago, justina3 said:

I stopped retailing older fords with low miles we seem to get a lot of them for what ever reason, looking at our comeback stats these always bight us in the backside coil spings snapping for the fun, thrust bearings start to howl electric window regs the list goes on, we now just punt them on to another trader.

Same here fiestas like leaking coolant everywhere as well. 

1 hour ago, GentlemanJames said:

It’s a ghia with full leather! Yours for £1800 if you want it...! 

get it blacked in all the right places or it will be going in for a free safety check next week because customers thought they were buying new at such a low mileage

• Like 1

What are strange, I personally love to watch all the options, and then choose the best. Nothing extraordinary. Well, unless they are REALLY strange.

39 minutes ago, Zanzibara said:

What are strange, I personally love to watch all the options, and then choose the best. Nothing extraordinary. Well, unless they are REALLY strange.

?????????? 

Does anyone remember ‘Chief Nut Job’ from last year? (Who was that?) 

20 minutes ago, David Horgan said:

?????????? 

18 hours ago, GentlemanJames said:

It’s a ghia with full leather! Yours for £1800 if you want it...! 

Might have someone fit it. PM’d you.