Sign in to follow this  
Grantlfc81

Car gurus

How many of you are finding car gurus is retuning more leads than autoraper? We have been on car gurus for 2 weeks now free package and is out performing autotrader by miles

i sold 2 cars from the Free package last month, I was very surprised but the deals were very welcome, You do have to put up with a considerable amount of spoof or just low quality inquiries to reach the few genuine ones

2 minutes ago, Grantlfc81 said:

How many of you are finding car gurus is retuning more leads than autoraper? We have been on car gurus for 2 weeks now free package and is out performing autotrader by miles

is that simply leads :) or actual leads that lead to sales? ( Personally not on there but interested to see) 

I only use the free package and had 6 emails which resulted in two sales last month this month nothing yet and jan 7 emails 2 sales.

As its free....why not

17 minutes ago, Grantlfc81 said:

For me and I don't know why - Ebay, Facebook, Car Gurus and all the others are out performing AT at the moment.

I have been trying to search for one of my cars on AT (the infamous Audi TT) but it doesn't show up and AT cannot explain.

Personally, I think the new portal is messing things up.

I’ve sold a few from the free package too! You need to wade through loads of shit leads though 

We have just signed up for 25 car package for 6 months for £300 per month. Autotrader would probably cost £2500 a month for that

Not on Autoraper -but CG not quite as good as Ebay MP, but is good value to be fair. Am on the paid package, but unconvinced it’s any better than the free one. 

Bookface has been doing well recently. Thanks to Mikey I tried it a few months back and pleased with the results. 

30 minutes ago, Grantlfc81 said:

We have just signed up for 25 car package for 6 months for £300 per month

Grant, CG operate a system of fake leads. They are not real and you never get any follow up after you reply to their initial enquiry. Sometimes you get a lot of leads, you sign up, then the leads dry up, you call to cancel, the leads increase. 

It may work for you as every now and then you get a real person that really comes and buys. And they are a fifth of the price as you pointed out. 

If someone is serious about buying your car they will call you.  Who the feck ore carguru and what type of buyer even looks at them. You look on their website and the first thing they say is 

• Save thousands off market prices 
  • Track price drops and time on market
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Track price drops 

Best defence?

INCREASE prices every now and then. F*** them!

• Like 1

I have done a couple through CG but messaged a couple of thousand with exotic names with no response.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

Best defence?

INCREASE prices every now and then. F*** them!

I wouldn’t advertise on that medium if they paid me. WTF are they to tell me my job. Patronising, ignorant, arrogant bastards.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Nick M.K. said:

Grant, CG operate a system of fake leads. They are not real and you never get any follow up after you reply to their initial enquiry. Sometimes you get a lot of leads, you sign up, then the leads dry up, you call to cancel, the leads increase. 

It may work for you as every now and then you get a real person that really comes and buys. And they are a fifth of the price as you pointed out. 

They categorically do not send out fake leads. That is utter nonsense. Its widely rumoured but in my findings being an actual paying customer and actually selling cars on there its not true.

You get just the same amount of leads from AT who you reply to to never hear again. They are not fake just low quality.

CG is good at the moment, in time it will be great. We do very well for the modest price each month with them.    

Rather than look at the negatives search or a car in your local area on google, CG are pretty prominent, customer then goes on puts postcode in narrows search your stock appears. 

Sold a car like this yesterday with a 22 year old who used google. He wasn't fake, nor was his money or the profit in the deal.

12 hours ago, Nick M.K. said:

Grant, CG operate a system of fake leads. They are not real and you never get any follow up after you reply to their initial enquiry.  

Are you basing this on any evidence or just the experience you’ve had of people not replying?

On Facebook I get the same thing. “Is it still available?” I reply, usually within the hour, and they read it but never reply. The difference being I never question the legitimacy because I can see their profile. With CG I did question whether they were realfor a while but I now think that online companies are so good at manipulating us to click their lead magnets that we do even though we probably weren’t THAT committed.

It’s a bit like Ryanair “randomly allocating” seats when you don’t pay extra. In 2017 out of 20odd flights I got 20 “random” middle seat allocations. 

They categorically deny programming their algo to do that and since mid 2018 seem to have changed it after too much backlash. Can’t prove anything though. 

For me, my location, my stock and customer profile it is statistically improbable that I will get 10 CG email leads, will reply to all 10 very promptly and get NO further follow up whatsoever. 

In the same way most car dealers have a few fake reviews here and there CG send a very odd named email lead every now and then. I genuinely believe this and for now will not pay CG. 

£225 pm for over a year in 2017 and two sales only! 

Edited by Nick M.K.

We have sold quite a few through car gurus so there are real leads, also think there are fakes ones with silly names as well that never ever respond.

so I think its a bit of both.

I do OK with CG and I personally don't think any of the leads are fake.  Some of the 'leads' are just the punter expressing a passing interest in the car.  I believe this is called a 'like' by the kids.

Once I went on the paid package and had more customer info, I'd often find that email replies could go into their junk or spam folder.  This happens a fair bit with ebayMP too if you don't reply via the message centre.

Edited by NOACROSS

15 hours ago, Nick M.K. said:

100% agree with Nick. At least 90-95% of email leads are fake and hidden behind anonymous emails so that if you decide to track the email ip address they all lead back to central usa head office. Amongst all this dross there will be the odd genuine enquiry coming through. However, if you can get your head around the fact that this is the game car gurus play, then just crack on. Its free and it generates 6-10 deals a year. We would never pay for it though. We reply politely to each 'enquiry' but this year have changed our reply to a simple short message asking the customer to email us their phone number and we will give them a quick call to discuss a deal. Not one customer has ever replied.

We are on the free package with Car Guru's, we get lots of enquiries but as mentioned previously of very poor quality, reply instantly and very rarely get anything further. I told car gurus to give me the upgraded package for free as a trial which they did with all the customer information on display and full dealership branding but I didn't feel it gave much more benefit. I don't think it justifies the money they are asking even if it is cheap.

19 hours ago, Grantlfc81 said:

How many of you are finding car gurus is retuning more leads than autoraper?

Sorry, I completely forgot to address the initial question here. 

Since the first week they came to the UK market Car Gurus have been returning more leads than Autotrader (I hate the Autoraper expression, I don't know why people use it, If someone feels raped by a provider you stop using that provider and that's it).

In terms of converting those to sales it's a whole different story. 

Same with eBay. 4 calls this morning (I have the call whisperer) for 4 different cars. Ask me how many deposits I took or how many viewing appointments I booked :-)

23 hours ago, Nick M.K. said:

Why have I sold about 4 cars in 2 weeks from car gurus on the free package then?

i sold another today and just received lead..... 

a company like this does not send out fake leads... that is fraud

17 minutes ago, Grantlfc81 said:

Why have I sold about 4 cars in 2 weeks from car gurus on the free package then?

Because they also appear in many Google searches and SOME of the leads will be genuine. 

If you only sold 4 cars in 2 weeks from Autotrader as well by all means consider dropping it. 

On 08/03/2019 at 9:31 PM, Mark101 said:

I have done a couple through CG but messaged a couple of thousand with exotic names with no response.

"exotic names" superb

13 hours ago, Mojo121 said:

Are you basing this on any evidence or just the experience you’ve had of people not replying?

On Facebook I get the same thing. “Is it still available?” I reply, usually within the hour, and they read it but never reply. The difference being I never question the legitimacy because I can see their profile. With CG I did question whether they were realfor a while but I now think that online companies are so good at manipulating us to click their lead magnets that we do even though we probably weren’t THAT committed.

You'll call bullshit I know but Facebook leads with "is it still available" is a common problem of people pressing this "auto" reply by accident