Sign in to follow this  
Grantlfc81

Car gurus

10 hours ago, MrV said:

You'll call bullshit I know but Facebook leads with "is it still available" is a common problem of people pressing this "auto" reply by accident 

ANd that’s what CG does. 

If you use the platform as a consumer it’s very simple. I don’t like overpriced market stuff but if you have enough stock only a Few are overpriced and that is usually desirable well specced stuff in a good colour. We still sell them. 

In my experience -

CG customers are less likely to ask for money off. 

Slightly less car savvy or clued up and just wanting to buy a car in a simple way. Probably started on Google. 

Very feel leads who come on site are wanting to look At others. 

CG also equates to our lowest cost per sale in terms of advertising consistenly every month.

Retargeting is exceptional.

13 minutes ago, Rory RSC said:

Retargeting is exceptional.

I agree with this after clicking on one of my own CG free ads that popped on a banner after I did a google search that only spelled "Juke Nismo for sale"

My own Juke is all over my Google Chrome now. 

Car Gurus current telly ad ,unique selling point ‘ how long on the forecourt ‘. Big help !

I agree with Facebook. It’s really easy to ask is this available by the click of a button. Serious people will get back to you.

We had another sale today from car gurus new package working nicely 

It’s def not spam. A ‘like’ maybe or what we used to call a time waster. Or, they’ll get back to you or they won’t. Maybe it’s in their spam/junk folder or yours.

As others have said, I can categorically vouch for the fact it does work and produce leads and sales. Can only see as I find of course. I am not on the free package though, but used to be and it was OK too. 

For me, it’s very good value. The notion of fake or spam leads from it is not something I can subscribe to. 

13 minutes ago, MrV said:

Today I received the spam bollocks from CG:

" Please reply back to consumer using contact information below. **

Lead submission from CarGurus

First name: Angela
    Surname: B********
    Email: enquiry_qqkpsfmg@anon.cargurus.com
    Telephone: (XXXX) XXXXXXX
    Postcode: PR2 1XL

Comments:
    I am interested in your 2010 Ford C-MAX 1.8 Zetec. You can reach me by email at enquiry_qqkpsfmg@anon.cargurus.com any time. Thank you!

Listing:
    Reg: GJ60WVC
    Reg. date: 30 Sep 2010
    Vehicle: 2010 Ford C-MAX
    Stock number: 26523
    Listing: https://www.cargurus.co.uk/Cars/l-Used-Ford-C-MAX-Heysham-d3100_L2115251?sntEmlId=83009940&source=email&pid=viewOnCarGurus#listing=133090231
    Listed price: £3,490
    CarGurus Instant Market Value: £703 Below CarGurus IMV of £4,193
    CarGurus rating: Good deal"

I replied within a minute of receipt and guess what, fu*k all back. 

Out of interest, how does their price indicator compare to Autoraper’s  Ben? If both say similar, why is yours so cheap? 

15 minutes ago, NOACROSS said:

It’s def not spam. A ‘like’ maybe or what we used to call a time waster. Or, they’ll get back to you or they won’t. Maybe it’s in their spam/junk folder or yours.

As others have said, I can categorically vouch for the fact it does work and produce leads and sales. Can only see as I find of course. I am not on the free package though, but used to be and it was OK too. 

For me, it’s very good value. The notion of fake or spam leads from it is not something I can subscribe to. 

Out of interest, how does their price indicator compare to Autoraper’s  Ben? If both say similar, why is yours so cheap? 

Autotrader says £3497 so huge difference between the two, someone on here is fucking around after reading my post or it's one hell of a coincidence as I've literally just received another email 

They’re both just guides remember. Looks well priced at 3500 I’d have thought. 

Someone’s gotta be ‘really’ bored to spoof you. Take all the leads you can. Treat them all the same. A large number will come to nothing sometimes. Other times every lead is a go-er. 

3 minutes ago, NOACROSS said:

They’re both just guides remember. Looks well priced at 3500 I’d have thought. 

Someone’s gotta be ‘really’ bored to spoof you. Take all the leads you can. Treat them all the same. A large number will come to nothing sometimes. Other times every lead is a go-er. 

And Another one lol

Aha deffo someome taking the piss... 

"Hi,

Are you private or trade?  The only reason I ask is I used to be in the trade, but your pictures look like they are taken in an abandon car park so not so sure whats going on. What is the lowest youd take and would you delive? Where are you based?" 
5 minutes ago, David Ayers said:

You will tell when it’s one of us when the part ex is an Astra

Waheyyyyy

And another, whoever it is get a life :angry:

Just had another lead tonight. I have 20 cars listed but yes it’s working really well for us since the upgrade.

7 minutes ago, Grantlfc81 said:

Just had another lead tonight. I have 20 cars listed but yes it’s working really well for us since the upgrade.

I find it highly suspicious that I randomly get 3 lead emails from them after I posted on this thread about them being fake leads! 

20 minutes ago, MrV said:

And Another one lol

Aha deffo someome taking the piss... 

"Hi,

Are you private or trade?  The only reason I ask is I used to be in the trade, but your pictures look like they are taken in an abandon car park so not so sure whats going on. What is the lowest youd take and would you delive? Where are you based?" 

Waheyyyyy

And another, whoever it is get a life :angry:

if stuff like this bothers you then dont get a walk on place because after a month you will be getting the cleaver out

ive had more walkin idiots this last week than all year put together and its not even easter

ride the ride coz it is a ride

remember for all the idiots theres a punter there

I have seen a lot of online and tv advertising lately and to be fair they are really well ranked on google. 

When I signed up with them last week their exact words were ‘you will reduce your autotrader package once you sign up with us’

im Beginning to believe them 

4 minutes ago, Grantlfc81 said:

I have seen a lot of online and tv advertising lately and to be fair they are really well ranked on google. 

When I signed up with them last week their exact words were ‘you will reduce your autotrader package once you sign up with us’

im Beginning to believe them 

Hmmmm, I know I'm nowhere near your level so my experience will be different to yours but I use autotrader Facebook and eBay and I get more actual sales from Facebook than the other two. EBay is just "watchers" and autotrader I hardly ever hear a whisper. I will do some digging on CG tomorrow, I wonder if they offer PAYG? 

6 minutes ago, MrV said:

Hmmmm, I know I'm nowhere near your level so my experience will be different to yours but I use autotrader Facebook and eBay and I get more actual sales from Facebook than the other two. EBay is just "watchers" and autotrader I hardly ever hear a whisper. I will do some digging on CG tomorrow, I wonder if they offer PAYG? 

They offer a free package. Try that first.

1 minute ago, Grantlfc81 said:

They offer a free package. Try that first.

That's what I'm on now, I get a few leads, reply and never hear anything back 

12 minutes ago, MrV said:

That's what I'm on now, I get a few leads, reply and never hear anything back 

What is your stock profile? Run of the mill or more prestige speccy stuff?

3 minutes ago, Grantlfc81 said:

What is your stock profile? Run of the mill or more prestige speccy stuff?

Run of the mill shite Grant 

If I was new to the job I would be happy with all the leads I could get. I would reply politely to each and every thing. Possibly even follow up. Afterall not exactly mega busy and with plenty of time on hands at the start a good way to trial different responses.

What I wouldnt do is get worked up about emails coming in. We all get stupid ones from time to time. 

11 minutes ago, Rory RSC said:

If I was new to the job I would be happy with all the leads I could get. I would reply politely to each and every thing. Possibly even follow up. Afterall not exactly mega busy and with plenty of time on hands at the start a good way to trial different responses.

What I wouldnt do is get worked up about emails coming in. We all get stupid ones from time to time. 

"I would be happy with all the leads I could get. I would reply politely to each and every thing. Possibly even follow up".... And that's what I've done, my issue is that the emails received yesterday evening are either someone on here taking the piss or they are spam/fake from CarGurus

41 minutes ago, MrV said:

"I would be happy with all the leads I could get. I would reply politely to each and every thing. Possibly even follow up".... And that's what I've done, my issue is that the emails received yesterday evening are either someone on here taking the piss or they are spam/fake from CarGurus

Save a generic response on your iphone notes. Copy / past / send done. If they are fake / wind up then just invite them to call.

The thing that get's me with CG is if the leads are all genuine why do people click on the auto response tab with limited options when I have my number on my photos that they can see and just call me?

30 minutes ago, Row said:

The thing that get's me with CG is if the leads are all genuine why do people click on the auto response tab with limited options when I have my number on my photos that they can see and just call me?

Just the way the world is.

Back on to this thread as I wanted to look back at how everyone else gets along with CG. I've had more than a few CG leads in the last 4 weeks which has resulted in a 'new account manager' from CG calling this afternoon to 'introduce himself'.

I havent given him a hard time because I'd like something for nothing from him and did spend 11 minutes discussing why, despite very prompt responses from me to an email enquiry, I generally didnt hear anything back. 

The stats he gave me were to expect a 1% hit rate from having the free package and around 9-10% from a 'paid for' package. I'm waiting for a cost from him on that. I'd actually be more interested in whether I still get a large number of enquiries from (as was described above) exotically named individuals on a paid for package, as those are the ones I think may be fakes. I could however be entirely wrong. My only theory on that is that if you are not British then you may not automatically think Autotrader and so would search for a car a different way?

Anyway, it might be worth a go now that I'm not paying for extra AT stock since the half price offer stopped. I'll see how cheap they are.