Sign in to follow this  
Arfur Dealy

An incredible day....

I've been working like a dog all week to get cars advertised (I'm well behind) my last car sold on the 15th (7 this month). With 10 advertised this morning Iv'e sold 5 today, that's the most I have ever done in a day, I sold plenty of 4's in a day but 5 !  I've just halved my advertised stock from 10 to 5 in a day......... unbelievable....can't believe it.....  Still got 12 in prep.....

Whats your most memorable sales day ?

• Like 1

You legend! Well done Simon indeed!

I take my hat off to you. 

In the old days (yawn) it was regularly ten over a weekend, but this is pre-internet proper. 

A couple a day and I’m ecstatic. One a day and I’m happy. More like one or two a week at the moment here though still. 

Sold three one Saturday afternoon and made more profit in a couple of hours than I had for the last fortnight . Doubled up on all three cars. What I’d give for the good old days 

That’s brilliant mate well done 

Our record was two consecutive days of 7 when we were on Pride Park near the football ground. Not got anywhere near that since (did 56 that month - still our record). This is 6 years ago now...

since I’ve been on my own then 5 is also my record but the 5 felt better than the 14 :)

Edited by SC Derby

1 minute ago, NOACROSS said:

What price ranges etc out of interest?

Noa :)

1. Golf GT TDI £6390... Bought to retail

2. BMW 525d Touring £2990.... Bought to retail

3. 2006 Zafira £1790...PX to clear 

4. 2004 C70 cab £2290.... PX to clear

5. 2007 Pug 207 £1490..... PX to clear

You doing well there we haven't sold anything since 12th of this month had to ring the phone yesterday to see if it was working:mellow: 

2 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

Now is the time to put the prices on the remaining stock up. 

I'm already top end ;)

11 in one day off of Hanworth Car Sales the site only held 14. 8 off of Bedfont Car Sales stupid day I thought I had won the pools. The downer 6 the very first weekend I opened off of Isleworth Car sales, everyone on finance and everyone knocked back the finance companies did not like that area, I only stayed on it a few weeks.

That's excellent Simon, always nice when you get a hat trick and then add a couple more in just for fun...gives me a right buzz hitting numbers in one go but it's rare I get above two or three on a single day.

Most memorable we had was a normal Saturday; two of us in, no one booked in the diary, hadn't had an enquiry since mid week, grey gloomy day. Didn't see a soul until 3pm, watched the early kick off and wrote it off as just one of those days. From 3pm - 5pm did six from absolutely no where, had people literally standing in a line at the desk so long the last couple were waiting outside for at least an hour. Yet to be repeated I should add!

And that’s the beauty of Simons business model.

While we all have to juggle customers and test drives and the associated stress to sell 5 in a day all Simon has to do is answer the phone and tell them his bank details. (Probably, in my mind anyway, whilst sitting in an armchair smoking a cigar with a large glass of scrumpy)

Keep up the good work fella.

Well done you guys who have done a few this week (school half term is usually crap).You need as much luck as possible in this job,it never lasts.Regarding past glories,you would not believe the old guys like me,so there is no point in trying to go one up etc.

Lee and I sold five one Saturday, in between three handovers and two purchases. All between 11am and 4pm We were buzzing by the end of the day. Sadly not something we have repeated since! 

Great day though Simon. Must have been high as a kite! 

Stevie

I once sold 12 on a Sunday about 17 years ago!

I was in with two other salesmen with hangovers that couldn’t be arsed. They were awful embarrassed the following day.