Sign in to follow this  
Pip

Diesels

Anyone still doing ok with diesels? I seem to be getting offered plenty but can’t shift many.

it seems the block has more diesels than I can count and I have a Volvo XC90 2.4 SE AWD one owner full mdsh and I’ve not had a call. I wonder if the phone is still working? 

3 minutes ago, Pip said:

Anyone still doing ok with diesels? I seem to be getting offered plenty but can’t shift many.

it seems the block has more diesels than I can count and I have a Volvo XC90 2.4 SE AWD one owner full mdsh and I’ve not had a call. I wonder if the phone is still working? 

Ill buy em all at half (bottom) book ;)

Been really hard work for us here on the south coast for a couple of years now. Not so bad in an Xtrail or similar 

8 sales this month, Southern Buckinghamshire (within sight of the M25)

MINI Countryman 2.0 Diesel

AUDI A5 3.0TDI Diesel

BMW 118D Sport+ Diesel

Golf Bluemotion TSI Petrol

Mercedes E300 Bluetec Hybrid Diesel (64 reg so NOT compliant with the new London ULEZ!)

Mercedes C250D AMG Line Diesel (66 reg, compliant with the new London ULEZ)

Mercedes S350 Bluetec Diesel

Volvo C30 R-Design Petrol

Also spent the whole day at Blackbushe (and the sale still going on now on my live online 16:20), most prestige diesels in nice condition were selling around CAP Clean, some way over! 

50% of buyers out there (including me) still demand a diesel for their daily driver. 

12 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

8 sales this month, Southern Buckinghamshire (within sight of the M25)

MINI Countryman 2.0 Diesel

AUDI A5 3.0TDI Diesel

BMW 118D Sport+ Diesel

Golf Bluemotion TSI Petrol

Mercedes E300 Bluetec Hybrid Diesel (64 reg so NOT compliant with the new London ULEZ!)

Mercedes C250D AMG Line Diesel (66 reg, compliant with the new London ULEZ)

Mercedes S350 Bluetec Diesel

Volvo C30 R-Design Petrol

It’s a funny old game. 

How many of your stock during that time were petrols Nick?

Still busy on diesels in rural Norfolk. BUT people from Norfolk are normally the last to accept new technology.

There’s only a few worried about diesels around my way, not enough to scare me away from them.  Worriers more likely to be academics and arts n crafts types.  Customers who are not normally my cup of tea.

• Like 1

Only one thing sells a diesel and that's price round here .4x4 are ok but smaller than 3litre and its ghost country round here .

Only diesels we see now are the queue to sell me the bloody smelly things:(, but I'm a true unadulterated petrol head and always will be :D

I even run a 5litre V8 that makes me smile every time it starts up 

• Like 1

13 diesel

6 petrol

so far this month, surprised at that, thought it would be more 50/50

I try and stick to petrol but being doing a lot of Renault 1.5 dci and Peugeot 1.6 HDi in last few months.

But we are on a decent run, only engine I'm actively avoiding in my regular stock is 1.6 diesel in Ford/Mazda/Volvo

Of 29 cars on website at the minute we have 15 diesel and 14 petrol.

Quite interesting this. Maybe diesel not dead after all....

Edited by SC Derby

Yeah within an hour or so generally, we do a spreadsheet at the end of each month, so happy to post it up at end of Feb and see exactly how far people have travelled for both fuels....

The good thing about being in Derby/Notts area is we are smack bang in the middle....good for getting cars transported and good for customers.

Edited by SC Derby

44 minutes ago, SC Derby said:

I try and stick to petrol but being doing a lot of Renault 1.5 dci and Peugeot 1.6 HDi in last few months.

But we are on a decent run, only engine I'm actively avoiding in my regular stock is 1.6 diesel in Ford/Mazda/Volvo

Same DV6 engine isn't it ?

1 minute ago, twerp said:

Same DV6 engine isn't it ?

god knows but I've been okay with the Peugeots so far.

1 hour ago, David Horgan said:

This is where me and you differ, the thought of that £ fiver that left the petrol tank as soon as you pressed the start button would depress me :-)

• Like 1

The problem will be when the govt decide to kill them off, whenever that will be; next year, next 10yrs? And ramp up fuel duty and VED so that only our Nick and Alan Sugar can afford to run them! Of course, that will affect 'everyone' wherever you live, there's no escape.

Edited by met

4 hours ago, David Horgan said:

Reminds me of good times.  Used to run my XKR as a daily (my office was 250 miles away in Newcastle), record week of fuel was £800.

I didn’t keep it long for obvious reasons but I still regret selling it to this day.

I also bought an E280 diesel estate to run around and save the 5.0 V8 for high days and holidays.  Trouble was, when walking out the front door and seeing the two cars parked side by side, the Merc seldom moved.

Edited by Mark101

17 minutes ago, SC Derby said:

Bloody hell I’m worried now 

Not sure but some of the the DV6 engines in the fords/mazdas/volvos dont have the eolys fluid inject system like in the pug/citroens,this system seems to help with DPF clogging issues,we have run loads of the pug/citreon types as personal cars with eolys system with zero problems,maybe someone can elaborate??