5.7 here:ph34r::P

Every journey is an event with thst upfront :wub:

14 hours ago, tradex said:

Yup, same lump

5 litre, that's a starter motor! 

5.7 here:ph34r::P

Every journey is an event with thst upfront :wub:

Starter Motor :rolleyes: Ha Ha drag race at dawn coming soon :D

Its the noise that gets me going then the power .

Just love big lumps :wub:

Used to have the Chevy small block in a couple of my boats, both in 5.0 and 5.7 litre before moving to the 7.4 big block.

Trim the prop out of the water and listen to the howl :D

22 hours ago, met said:

The problem will be when the govt decide to kill them off, whenever that will be; next year, next 10yrs? And ramp up fuel duty and VED

Can't increase the VED on a car that is already registered and allocated a car tax band. It stays in that tax band. Forever. The band price is only adjusted for inflation every two years. That is the reason some high CO2 cars registered after 26/3/2006 have £500+ tax and some identical cars registered 2 days before have it at £305.

Can't increase the diesel fuel duty drastically as this will affect all vans, lorries, tractors, farm, plant machinery and whatever else runs on diesel...

My guess... After the focus moves away from Brexit and someone finally pays some attention to what happens in the automotive industry the government will come back and say, sorry, we got you all confused, you can of course keep your diesels or we will offer a scrappage scheme which pays market price for your car. Remember 2009? Any shed with a valid MOT was suddenly worth two grand and the cheap usable sub-£1000 cars disappeared from the market.

2 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

Can't increase the VED on a car that is already registered and allocated a car tax band. It stays in that tax band. Forever. The band price is only adjusted for inflation every two years. That is the reason some high CO2 cars registered after 26/3/2006 have £500+ tax and some identical cars registered 2 days before have it at £305.

Can't increase the diesel fuel duty drastically as this will affect all vans, lorries, tractors, farm, plant machinery and whatever else runs on diesel...

My guess... After the focus moves away from Brexit and someone finally pays some attention to what happens in the automotive industry the government will come back and say, sorry, we got you all confused, you can of course keep your diesels or we will offer a scrappage scheme which pays market price for your car. Remember 2009? Any shed with a valid MOT was suddenly worth two grand and the cheap usable sub-£1000 cars disappeared from the market.

Meh, I'm still not convinced? Nothing is set in stone. If it looks like a vote winner and the latest wave of government 'advisors' just out of uni agree, it'll happen. 

just to remind................ many cities are bringing in zones that dont like smelly diesels Jo mush unless he needs a diesel to do many many miles now realises a diesel is like a xmas puppy foistered on a poor miscreant child to stop its mumblings