MrC

Trade plate receipt

23 minutes ago, ModernBagsofRubbish said:

Had a letter through this morning "Notice to surrender or renew trade plates" I sent the cheque on the 02/01/19, it's not been cashed & now this! I wonder if anybody else will be getting this letter that has sent their cheque in

Sounds like a case of "couldn't find their arse with both hands in their pants"... Sent my renewal chq first week in December, confirmation in this week.. thats 8 weeks! Chq not cashed when I was online yesterday... Did you send your payment by recorded delivery? If so is it received ??

My first cheque was returned as I hadn't posted my old plates off (since going Ltd).

Now have new plates and a reciept - haven't checked the bank to see if it has been cashed yet.

1 hour ago, ModernBagsofRubbish said:

Had a letter through this morning "Notice to surrender or renew trade plates" I sent the cheque on the 02/01/19, it's not been cashed & now this! I wonder if anybody else will be getting this letter that has sent their cheque in

Had same letter. Re-sent check and new form this morning. 

cheque* even.

I called them up to say I have paid & don't want to loose the trade plates & think others are in the same situation

They said they have had a back log & they haven't processed my renewal application, they said call again in 1 week to check the progress & if nothing them send another cheque & form in with a covering letter

Area 51, I just sent it 1st class post, never had a problem in the past, next time I will send it recorded delivery to give me some protection

15 minutes ago, ModernBagsofRubbish said:

I called them up to say I have paid & don't want to loose the trade plates & think others are in the same situation

They said they have had a back log & they haven't processed my renewal application, they said call again in 1 week to check the progress & if nothing them send another cheque & form in with a covering letter

Area 51, I just sent it 1st class post, never had a problem in the past, next time I will send it recorded delivery to give me some protection

You did better than me, they told me they were too busy to take my call (an actual person said that, not an automated message) and that I had to email my query.

Automated email came back saying it may take 8 weeks for a response - what a crock of shit.

On stuff like this, I just send it recorded - belt and braces, its all reclaimed any way... When they say they have not got it and time pressures are on, these buggers wont help anyone.. if you have a signature to say it has arrived; usually means they have got to work with you on a solution and give some leeway..

As above, one crock of sh*t is a good summary..

Same here , sent chq 31st Dec , got a letter today saying Plates revoked . Rang DVLA who said send us another chq in the post (recorded this time) but you can't use your plates for about four weeks. Cheeky B3stards....

my letter came today

quote................thank you for ticking all the right boxes enjoy the privilege of using your trade plates for the next year...........unquote

speak to the daddy

smiley.jpg

12 hours ago, ModernBagsofRubbish said:

I got this letter today also, going to have to give them a ring 

Wankers !!

Out of interest, have you, like some of us, had a receipt from them, or just a revoke ?? ...................

I'm just waiting for my revocation now, I've had the receipt but cheque not cashed yet !! (little hand doing a wanker gesture emoji)

1 minute ago, Dave2302 said:

Wankers !!

Out of interest, have you, like some of us, had a receipt from them, or just a revoke ?? ...................

I'm just waiting for my revocation now, I've had the receipt but cheque not cashed yet !! (little hand doing a wanker gesture emoji)

Same here- shitty letter to renew my trade plate licence (singular)  We have two sets.  Gonna have to call them too I guess.

So is it just those of you who sent your cheques so they arrived after the renewal date that got a notice of surrender?

If so I think I see the problem!

7 minutes ago, David Ayers said:

So is it just those of you who sent your cheques so they arrived after the renewal date that got a notice of surrender?

If so I think I see the problem!

you might have it

i sent mine on like jan third but i put 31st december on the cheque 

I should be ok then, mine was sent 10th December and like I say, I've had the renewal letter thingy, but still they haven't cashed chq ;)

• Like 1

On 15/02/2019 at 0:56 PM, Dave2302 said:

Cheque Cashed today

+1.

£330 well spent (every year I consider giving up the second set of plates but keep thinking back to when we transported Astras from BCA Bedford with 1 plate on the windscreen of car 1 and one on the rear window of car 2). 

14 hours ago, Nick M.K. said:

keep thinking back to when we transported Astras from BCA Bedford with 1 plate on the windscreen of car 1 and one on the rear window of car 2

LOL, Priceless :D

Cheque cashed Friday I just found out, so thats two months since posting off a renewal!

I have a dupe set of plates with magnetic backing, good for displaying safely/correctly on the bodywork etc. Means I can have one set in two places in ever needed, best not run them both at the same time on two vehicles etc.

26 minutes ago, Area 51 said:

I have a dupe set of plates with magnetic backing, good for displaying safely/correctly on the bodywork etc. Means I can have one set in two places in ever needed, best not run them both at the same time on two vehicles etc.

Risky IMO

I would like a set of magnetic plates but I would keep the originals in the same car in case of a pull.  Surely a sensible copper would appreciate what you're trying to acheive because displaying TP correctly is a PITA and open to misinterpretation depending on what the rules say at the time.

• Like 1

think theres only me in my county who adheres to the latest dvla spiel

of course i cant remember the last time i saw a traffic cop

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mark101 said:

Risky IMO

I would like a set of magnetic plates but I would keep the originals in the same car in case of a pull.  Surely a sensible copper would appreciate what you're trying to acheive because displaying TP correctly is a PITA and open to misinterpretation depending on what the rules say at the time.

Agreed! I will leave a set with one in a work/bodyshop and keep originals with me for meaningful trips.. Just a bit of flex I try to have in case of last minute / unforeseen mincing.. Only use them "wisely"...

1 minute ago, Area 51 said:

Agreed! I will leave a set with one in a work/bodyshop and keep originals with me for meaningful trips.. Just a bit of flex I try to have in case of last minute / unforeseen mincing.. Only use them "wisely"...

i have a tick list in my head for stuff like this

do i need the plates more than they need me

ie could i go without?

answer

no

so i never abuse:)

i might even paint them again to bring them into the 21st century:D

6 minutes ago, have a word with the wife said:

cashed my cheque 1st march, disgraceful service

I disagree, they could've cashed in in December, this way I paid less overdraft interest while still using my plates during this period.