A & S

New Year At The Block

First visit to the block in 2019, manage to buy 5 from BCA today, thought prices weren't as bad as previous Januarys, prices just as they were in late 2018, how have you guys found it??  

We bought a white Tiguan for cap average today..... starting to panic a bit :wacko::ph34r:

Blackbushe didn't seem crazy busy today, but of the 1678 cars in the catalogue and 60 plus we were interested in I managed to buy one!!

1 hour ago, pmpants said:

Blackbushe didn't seem crazy busy today, but of the 1678 cars in the catalogue and 60 plus we were interested in I managed to buy one!!

Sounds right for blackbushe!

• Like 1

Few cheap cars at Derby today. Prices were decent to be fair, not much hitting Cap clean.

1 hour ago, pmpants said:

Put an average  proxy bid on one there today which I thought I'd be £400 out on. Was pleasantly surprised when the invoice came through.

• Like 1

So many end users. I saw so many end users in the BCA Blackbushe when I walk through the parking log to check the cars before it goes on the hall.  Some families, mom with baby, couples, and father with son. I feel I am in the supermarket.

2 hours ago, Lakeside said:

Few cheap cars at Derby today. Prices were decent to be fair, not much hitting Cap clean.

Who is auction house at Derby?

3 minutes ago, lastyboy said:

Who is auction house at Derby?

BCA

Mostly PX on Monday
Overpriced fleet on Wednesday

1 minute ago, twerp said:

BCA

Mostly PX on Monday
Overpriced fleet on Wednesday

Thank you. Just curiosity really. Not much around here in Norfolk.

9 hours ago, Lucas said:

So many end users. I saw so many end users in the BCA Blackbushe when I walk through the parking log to check the cars before it goes on the hall.  Some families, mom with baby, couples, and father with son. I feel I am in the supermarket.

I'm not concerned about privates buying at auction. I think their impact on prices is exaggerated. And they've probably watched too many daytime tv programmes about auctions. 

The real threat is from 'proper' buyers who decide to start buying in my price range, especially guys who think they need to buy cheaper than their usual stock. Which probably explains the small 5-8k site near my dads place with an 02 focus (nice enough) up for £1500!

3 minutes ago, met said:

an 02 focus (nice enough) up for £1500!

Good luck to them!!

2 hours ago, met said:

I'm not concerned about privates buying at auction. I think their impact on prices is exaggerated. And they've probably watched too many daytime tv programmes about auctions. 

The real threat is from 'proper' buyers who decide to start buying in my price range, especially guys who think they need to buy cheaper than their usual stock. Which probably explains the small 5-8k site near my dads place with an 02 focus (nice enough) up for £1500!

Maybe they could underwrite some cheap shit for me!