david gott

Just been defrauded!! Beware!!

I also prefer bank payments from my customers providing our bank details by text mesage or an email. I will definitely introduce phone verification also to make sure my customers don’t send those payments to a third party’s account. 

Wow. Sorry for your loss. I almost lost 75K when I purchasing my house. They did the same to me. Luckily I call the solicitor to confirm her account and found out that was a scam. So, the lesson is: PLEASE CALL THE RECEIVER BEFORE TO DO ANY MONEY TRANSFER.

Now, you might try to contact the bank and police. Hope you get your money back mate.

Edited by Lucas

32 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

You don’t do small sums, do you Lucas :-) 

That was the 10% deposit of the house. The scammer modified my solicitor logo head letter almost look the same as the real one, same logo, same layout, same fonts, same signature, but deleted the phone number!  And the guy sent me that payment request before my solicitor sends me the full report. I asked where is the report? He replies will send to me after payment! So, I thought how can I pay before having any report? I just have to call her, then I found no phone number on that letter!! Then I click into the email sender address found that email address is different than my solicitor's one but displaying the same name as my solicitor if I didn't click to open it! So, I called my solicitor. She said that is a scammer, and so many their customer received the same thing. OMG! I am sure someone will lose money because of that.

So, from that on, I call to verify the account every time before I do a transfer no matter how much the amount is.

Edited by Lucas

21 hours ago, trade vet said:

DA should be investigating,where is their external affairs guy who comes on here and I think is part of IMDA

Don’t hold your breath waiting for that c**t.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BHM said:

Don’t hold your breath waiting for that c**t.

BHM......He will never come on here now !

• Like 1

I thought DA was full of upstanding pillars of the business community? You guys make it sound worse than scumtree?

On ‎19‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 1:30 PM, david gott said:

Won a car on dealer auction, the salesman from the dealership emailed me invoice on Monday,we paid the £2500 Tuesday morning, today Movex arrive to collect, the dealership say the money hasn’t been paid, long story short, somebody has hacked into the dealerships email and changed the account number and sort code so I’ve sent the money to a complete different account. Rang Natwest fraud team, apparently it’s becoming a common trick, worst thing is I might not get the money back, be careful sending money, you never think it’s going to happen to you and then when it does you never see it coming.

Thank you for the heads up David, hope you get it sorted.

Yes thanks for sharing David. We bought from a new (new to us) dealer on DA today and have now requested details verbally and electronically and then we can make sure they tie up.

Never ask for confirmation over the phone guys

If the same happens to you then you're fucked

ALWAYS get it in writing so you have evidence and it is confirmed

By all means ring up and say "I have sent you an email asking you to confirm account details can you reply now?" and generally most organisations will whilst you're on the phone!

On 19/12/2018 at 7:23 PM, Nick M.K. said:

Hopefully the bank sees some sense and refunds the money...

Do you still have to complete the purchase of that vehicle David? Ring the dealers, explain this predicament and if possible ask them to lower their price a fair bit to help you absorb that loss. 

If the money is eventually returned (even months later) send the dealership the difference. 

They are not exactly at fault but the leak or hack is probably at their end or DA. 

4 hours ago, ExCouncilJobsworth said:

By all means ring up and say "I have sent you an email asking you to confirm account details can you reply now?" and generally most organisations will whilst you're on the phone!

I am confused how can confirming what you have in an email be anything other than good. 

We had three yesterday all new suppliers pro-forma invoices which we where expecting goods match price matches what we was quoted all the accounts lady now does is google the company to confirm the phone number ring them up and ask them to repeat the details match the ones on the email very simple system. 

she then signs the invoice up set them up on banking and makes the payments job done. 

1 hour ago, justina3 said:

I am confused how can confirming what you have in an email be anything other than good. 

Being computer ignorant it sounds impossible to me but apparently computer savvy fraudsters can intercept & adjust an email between it leaving the sender & arriving at the recipient’s account. To be blunt, f*** knows how they do it, but they do.

11 hours ago, andymc1973 said:

makes Mos Eisley look like like Disneyland

I had to look it up & up popped Wikipedia with a “wretched hive of scum and villainy”. Surely comparing Mos Eisley with DA vendors is an insult to Mos Eisley?

6 hours ago, ExCouncilJobsworth said:

If you ring to confirm bank details don’t ring the number on the email.