c_cars

December Thread

3 minutes ago, andymc1973 said:

yup its shite

Business News...Automotive stocks drop in reaction to Transparency Cars issuing a quarterly profit warning.The Finance director ( Mrs AD) stated ‘we have total confidence in our CEO and expect year end results to be in line with expectations.Leading Automotive analyst and head of external affairs Philip Southwood is quoted ‘this will have ramifications across Europe’.

• Like 3

We have done -2 since Saturday.Two full refunds,Corsa 1.2 not enough power for 22 year old and 207 buyers remorse when the punters wife realised her bloke had given their swapper away.( which we have kept)...Happy days !

A few more solid enquiries and a couple of appointments in the book. Signs of things changing. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, trade vet said:

Business News...Automotive stocks drop in reaction to Transparency Cars issuing a quarterly profit warning.The Finance director ( Mrs AD) stated ‘we have total confidence in our CEO and expect year end results to be in line with expectations.Leading Automotive analyst and head of external affairs Philip Southwood is quoted ‘this will have ramifications across Europe’.

10 hours ago, trade vet said:

We have done -2 since Saturday.Two full refunds,Corsa 1.2 not enough power for 22 year old and 207 buyers remorse when the punters wife realised her bloke had given their swapper away.( which we have kept)...Happy days !

F*** me, that’s some achievement. 

• Like 1

Another one today (Small Auto but I lived with her for two hours). 

Yes, for sure people are waiting . Glad I don’t have that Autoraper monster to feed!

Have a pumter dithering over a 30k Tiguan for the last few days (always the German crap) as he’s suspicious of the fact it’s a 60 plate. And the mileage 8cant be right’.  He’s determined to scupper it as a clocker. He also can’t get his head around why it’s a worse deal for him ‘for cash’ rather than finance. 

(30,000 miles. Not 30 grand). Where’s my edit button!

23 minutes ago, NOACROSS said:

Yes, for sure people are waiting . Glad I don’t have that Autoraper monster to feed!

Have a pumter dithering over a 30k Tiguan for the last few days (always the German crap) as he’s suspicious of the fact it’s a 60 plate. And the mileage 8cant be right’.  He’s determined to scupper it as a clocker. He also can’t get his head around why it’s a worse deal for him ‘for cash’ rather than finance. 

I was thinking, how many Tiguans 30k new, let alone used..... 

Just reading new car sales down 8% in Germany vs 3%down in Uk. Looks like it’s not just Brexit. 

15 hours ago, NOACROSS said:

Joy- I've drawn the short straw and am working today.  The above has already rang up to say he's coming this afternoon with his 'expert' and family. VW people.  Don't you just love them.

And his part exchange?  A Golf.  Diesel.  Ugh!

15 hours ago, CCC said:

Just reading new car sales down 8% in Germany

This is to do with new emission regulations WLTP. 

Because the manufacturers were unprepared and have not certified all their models to comply, they have stopped offering some models until their certification is complete. It came into effect last month or the month before. They will report very strong sales when every model is certified. Ours will stay very low. 

sold a used jimny to local farmers 10k and pleasant to deal with.

had an old couple on a 2495 jazz spent 1 hour with them, you would have thought it was 20k grand the way they went over it...... said anyway thanks for that we have a fiesta in burnley to look at.... ok toodle off for that 50 min drive

• Like 1

Just now, Dan W said:

you would have thought it was 20k grand the way they went over it

Customers for the £20K cars don't go over them nearly as much as the £999 brigade. In fact some of them don't look at the car in detail before or after a test drive. 

• Like 1

5 for the month so far which isnt great but some cracking p/x's that we nicked to have a go with in the new year.

Shite weather has killed it today:angry:

4 hours ago, Nick M.K. said:

Customers for the £20K cars don't go over them nearly as much as the £999 brigade. In fact some of them don't look at the car in detail before or after a test drive. 

Very true.

I've a lot of time for the ones on part ex to clear stuff that are honest and upfront about there situation, been there, know what it's like. I know which punters I prefer selling a car to though!

I'm sat here waiting for a bank transfer to show in my account which the new 'owners' parents have apparently sent at 4pm. If you could trust Joe Public you would let them drive away and see it in the account on Monday morning, but that just isnt the way it is.

Still just the one this month... Waiting for 2 to be prepped (audi a4 front wing replacements and wipermotor + petrol flap for a bmw 118i) got 2 Mondeos and a mini all advertised and ready to go. Phones starting to ring a bit more which is good though! 

Sold my 4th today which puts me in the black....

Paid out AT today, plus a quarters rent+ Annual insurance, + VAT and the family bus insurance..... 

4 viewings today and 3 of them sold, not bad for a door stepper (I hate that saying).

15 minutes ago, Row said:

4 viewings today and 3 of them sold, not bad for a door stepper (I hate that saying).

I love the fact I am not one any more because I too hated it

21 hours ago, Nick M.K. said:

£15k Audi A4 Saloon Yesterday sold through facebook barely glanced at it just did the finance e sign having self propped already and drove away. Were here including a brief test drive all in probably 20/25 mins. 

3 Yesterday with one eastern european trooper turning up at 9.50am and leaving at 4:30pm with car with a lot of back and forth with a finance broker and a really messy deal. Its quiet without him in the office today :lol:

21 hours ago, AAM90 said:

5 for the month so far which isnt great but some cracking p/x's that we nicked to have a go with in the new year.

Yep, ALWAYS ask the punter what THEY want. Last week I took in a newer shape 07 miley petrol CRV.

“How much, Sir?”

”Errr, how about a grand off your diesel’s price” I couldn’t shake his hand fast enough.......

........unlike another nutter with an 8 owner, doom blue, 2006 1.6 Focus on wheeltrims with no history and a month’s MOT. I didn’t even bother opening the door because I thought ‘surely this is almost scrap money’. Apparently not, it started at a grand but £900 would buy it. “Good luck. Enjoy your car hunting, Sir”.

• Like 2