c_cars

December Thread

I did 19 last December so wasn't looking forward to this year as I don't think I can do that again

However 5 deals done and I was closed Sunday and Tuesday. So who knows.

3 hours ago, David Ayers said:

I did 19 last December so wasn't looking forward to this year as I don't think I can do that again

However 5 deals done and I was closed Sunday and Tuesday. So who knows.

I'd kill for a December like that!!

I don't care, I'd work around the clock, only stopping to watch National Lampoon's Vacation.

As it stands, the sh*tter is full. In order words, no sales yet.

5 hours ago, andymc1973 said:

the rats are out in force with regards to finance

Andy, we are going through the longest period of continual declines we've ever had. Its unbelievable. 

9 minutes ago, JimmyGlen said:

Andy, we are going through the longest period of continual declines we've ever had. Its unbelievable. 

It's my fault.

I obtained my FCA licence a couple of weeks back and Close has provided access to Showroom, so I'm all set to.................get declined by the sounds of it.

Edited by Mark101
  • Like 1

Be positive! 

Our acceptance rate actually increased slightly to just under 45% :-) 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

Be positive! 

Working here too Nik . Just got Close Brothers Commission Cheque today for Nov , made me smile :D

Did Three on Moto Novo on self prop , so that will be near 

One with a Broker for a slightly subby deal but still got £200 out of it . 

Two on Blue and they pay straight away .

see what Dec brings , We don't usually do much Finance in Dec for some reason , Jan goes nuts though , Here's hoping 

14 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

It's my fault.

I obtained my FCA licence a couple of weeks back and Close has provided access to Showroom, so I'm all set to.................get declined by the sounds of it.

Takes a while Mark to learn how to swap the customer to Finance then get them through , remember its a 120% of CAP Retail so adjust the deposit to max the commissions  . Sometime the customer is better off giving £200 dep and not the £1,500 they enquired about  ;) When you do the first deals  though the extra commission makes you grin . :D

13 minutes ago, David Horgan said:

Working here too Nik . Just got Close Brothers Commission Cheque today for Nov , made me smile :D

Did Three on Moto Novo on self prop , so that will be near 

One with a Broker for a slightly subby deal but still got £200 out of it . 

Two on Blue and they pay straight away .

see what Dec brings , We don't usually do much Finance in Dec for some reason , Jan goes nuts though , Here's hoping 

Takes a while Mark to learn how to swap the customer to Finance then get them through , remember its a 120% of CAP Retail so adjust the deposit to max the commissions  . Sometime the customer is better off giving £200 dep and not the £1,500 they enquired about  ;) When you do the first deals  though the extra commission makes you grin . :D

Cheers David

I am excited for some extra ££££'s 

Incidentally, Close told me they pay out the same day, directly into your account?

Edited by Mark101

The finance money as. The comission: check in the post around the 4th on the next month. 

The finance money Yes I meant above

You also need to set up with Blue and First Response. 

That must be what the rep meant then, I thought she meant the commission not just the metal.

2 hours ago, Nick M.K. said:

Be positive! 

Nick, our acceptance rate is 'usually' over 75%! This past while has been unreal. I hate to say it, but most are coming via Facebook....

3 hours ago, JimmyGlen said:

Snap.

Changed brokers recently which has helped but a lot of it has been down to the billys lately

• Like 1

I'm waiting for my CCL but only 10 days so far, ready for January I hope! In the meantime, the hagglers are out, just sent someone packing who wanted a 2350 Mazda for 2k. They seem to resent me earning a living! roll on January when the real punters come out not just the chancers

2 hours ago, MattR said:

I'm waiting for my CCL but only 10 days so far, ready for January I hope! In the meantime, the hagglers are out, just sent someone packing who wanted a 2350 Mazda for 2k. They seem to resent me earning a living! roll on January when the real punters come out not just the chancers

Had someone this morning test drive a Megane at £4999 then tell me that Parkers says £2700. I said I'll have 6 and give him £500 profit on each.

He then says his wife works for Renault and they said £3500 so I said what are you doing here? I'd buy theirs at that price. Suprisingly they haven't got any.

Amazing how they take the time and trouble to look at a car which, apparently, is so overpriced. Why don't they go and buy one of the cheaper ones advertised.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, David Ayers said:

Had someone this morning test drive a Megane at £4999 then tell me that Parkers says £2700

Had even worse. Someone from the South West on a £6500 2011 Honda Insight (big demand for hybrids in London now, he had missed this news). Quoted Parkers £5000, finally admitted he had seen AT Retail £6350 and the fact that my Honda has leather and sat nav and was the one he wanted. He then said: 

"I am doing my homework now, I am also looking at a number of Honda Insights sold by other dealers for less and closer to me and I would like your very best cash price please". I said to him I prefer a finance buyer and that we also have £300 deposit contribution offer if he was interested. He had a go at me for now wanting to reduce my price for cash and sounded really annoyed that his tactics were not working. Hang up on me when I said we don't take Credit cards (what happened to the cash offers!!!). I googled his number later and he has a liquidation goods business, buys unsold stock from failing shops... You'd think they would know how to get a good deal :lol:

Oh I want the EDIT button: should read "He had a go at me for NOT wanting to reduce my price for cash"

• Like 1

Awful month for us so far!

1st deal done today and 2 warranty comebacks, both DPF issues. 

Cannot wait for January lol

-Kelly-

Quiet in the dent game last week but the last 3 days have been extremely busy, off the rest of this week but have jobs booked in for next. Generally my trade customers are quiet in these parts.

Hi,just a question for screenman,we are in the northwest(southport)and have rcently lost our brilliant screen chip man,do you know of anyone near to us who you could recomend,thanks,Peter 

In December 2016 I sold 18 cars. December 2017 = 16 cars. December 2018 only 3 so far...... Not looking good  :o 

Another couple done here today, 8 for the month so far, seems to be a bit more happening over the last couple of days.

1 hour ago, Arfur Dealy said:

In December 2016 I sold 18 cars. December 2017 = 16 cars. December 2018 only 3 so far...... Not looking good  :o 

yup its shite

Average on sales but managed to buy nine yesterday, usually manage three or four on a good day. Cheapest decent desirable stock has been for at least three months round our way. Fill your boots I say!

I have had a good start to this month, let us see where it finishes though!! I did think that I would be happy with 10 or 12 but am nearly there so want to do a few more......never satisfied LOL