premi-motor

Dealer working from home vs Neighbour (problem)

3 hours ago, Max Branning said:

I sometimes wonder how these people have the nerve to go to someones house and poke their nose in to other peoples personal lives,... so what hes on the residents association ? who cares. 

As long as you cause no obvious disturbance to the neighbourhood and do not have a line of cars with boards in the window for sale, then the council will have little interest in you, they may pop round for a look if enough people complain but they cannot act unless there is an obvious breach.

I personally would tell this guy to clear off and mind his own business. 

Absolutely, the OP has every right to do what he is doing, he has to be bigger and better than nosey neighbour. However, if he persists then it should be him making a complaint to the council quoting harrassment, bullying, antisocial neighbourly behaviour......

The last episode of neighbourly hassle I had to deal with I turned it round onto the council and said all of the above about the sad retired antisocial nosey neighbour and they agreed, they went round to him and explained I wasn't doing anything wrong and he needs to stop his victimisation.....

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Absolutely, the OP has every right to do what he is doing, he has to be bigger and better than nosey neighbour. However, if he persists then it should be him making a complaint to the council quoting harrassment, bullying, antisocial neighbourly behaviour......

The last episode of neighbourly hassle I had to deal with I turned it round onto the council and said all of the above about the sad retired antisocial nosey neighbour and they agreed, they went round to him and explained I wasn't doing anything wrong and he needs to stop his victimisation.....

14 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Jealous green eyed monsters , they cant afford ONE car never mind 10 cars , only thing  they can do is multiply the retail prices on your web site and then get angry isnt it , 

One of our relatives asked us for £5,000 loan once , when I said no , He stated I could afford it because I had over 100k invested in cars so whats 5 k , wonder he didn't get punched . 

Live and let live I reckon . Always one though . 

I looked at some photographs the other day on my IPad from before I took the unit on.  To be fair, I can’t believe what I got away with and how nobody complained.

I had 9 on the drive, 2 in the garage + my van and the wife’s car at the end of the cul de sac. 

There were no signs in windows and no work was done here but it did look busy.

My neighbours were (still are great) - in fact the only comment I have had is “where have all the cars gone, we miss your goings on.”

I have enjoyed this post.There cannot be many ex local authority planning officers now operating as a car dealer.He has provided valuable advice,what would a solicitor charge.I suspect Ex Council Jobsworth is also a proficient car dealer.

19 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

My neighbours were (still are great) - in fact the only comment I have had is “where have all the cars gone, we miss your goings on.”

That’s really spooky, my direct neighbours had no problem with me, both retired and wealthy but liked the fact I brought some life around the place... 

3 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

That’s really spooky, my direct neighbours had no problem with me, both retired and wealthy but liked the fact I brought some life around the place... 

They were probably the ones who reported you to the council lol 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Del Boy said:

They were probably the ones who reported you to the council lol 

No, they are good as gold, and the nasty neighbour had no reason to to report me to the council. He just needed educating.

35 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

I looked at some photographs the other day on my IPad from before I took the unit on.  To be fair, I can’t believe what I got away with and how nobody complained.

I had 9 on the drive, 2 in the garage + my van and the wife’s car at the end of the cul de sac. 

There were no signs in windows and no work was done here but it did look busy.

Sort of similar to my experience dealing from home but much less cars.

Neighbours that have common sense see the plus side:

The road looks busy so if thieves target the area they might not burgle because they will think too many people are at home. 

This is especially the case when most people work 9 to 5...and homes are empty during the day.

This was the case in my area. Men in vans would drive around. Pretending to be scrap metal collectors or contractors in unmarked vans (van advertising is free so why drive in unmarked hmm)

Well they did collect junk... Also collected other items on your drive that would be valuable (that you didnt want collected) PLUS 

PLUS PLUS

They would gather intel on Who's at home... And yep homes did get broken into 

One of our neighbours (a big chunky lad) used to work at home doing insurance type work. Always having a fag in the garden... His presence alone deterred many thieves off (dont know how well he'd do in a fight...had a squeaky voice :D

But in the past when neighbours have gone on hols... I would park cars outside their drive so it appears they're at home....and they were thankful!

Be considerate and the world is your oyster (dont block drives, rev engines, have punters park considerably, make a neighours house look occupied when they're away etc) and you'll get on fine!

24 minutes ago, trade vet said:

I have enjoyed this post.There cannot be many ex local authority planning officers now operating as a car dealer.He has provided valuable advice,what would a solicitor charge.I suspect Ex Council Jobsworth is also a proficient car dealer.

Thank you mate.

I was waiting to join on a suitable topic that I can contribute to rather than

"Am new how can i get rich quick?"

I learnt very quickly on colour, engine size, vehicle type, location etc and had some sh!te losses but you learn. 

I sell as much as i can but market has been slow since Oct as most of you have pointed out in previous threads.

Got a Jag x type am stuck on. Had a similar model in aug and it went in a day lol however this one is down for nearly two months without much interest.

:D

When we had words with the neighbours when I was doing a few from home there was nothing for them to see.I told them to contact the council.The council guy came out and as the cars were not visible to the neighbours because we had a very large garage on the house,he rejected the complaint.Soon after the woman next door was blowing her top because a rough looking punter had knocked on her door at 8 at night.It transpired that a solicitor down the street had been selling his wife’s XR3.They never complained to him of course.

Update:

The guy emailed several neighbours omitting myself. He CC'd a local councillor (who has a "reputation" shall we say, of being a twunt). Local councillor within the email stated he did not know me, and has "witnessed the activity first hand" - neglecting to say that he is friends with the complainant (Facebook screenshot already saved to my hard drive).

Neighbour reported to police for harassment.  I have an incident number.

Local code of conduct for councillors state that they have to be impartial and words to the effect of not acting in a way which suggests they are working as part of their position. Clearly, the flavour of all of this wreaks of "gentlemans" auld-lang-syne cock shakery in the local badminton club, so next will be filing a complaint against said councillor as I belive he's abusing his position in an attempt to add credibility to the scenario.

Local planning officer cc'd on the email. Another neighbour who recieved the email has been round and also told him to sort it out and leave it.

My fathers in a bad way and there's a lot of in / out with carers, nurses, GP, hospice team - and my cars have been parked up for around 9-10 weeks as it's not been a priority... Could do without it, but bigger things to worry about right now!

Thanks for the comments and I will keep you posted...

G.

29 minutes ago, premi-motor said:

Update:

The guy emailed several neighbours omitting myself. He CC'd a local councillor (who has a "reputation" shall we say, of being a twunt). Local councillor within the email stated he did not know me, and has "witnessed the activity first hand" - neglecting to say that he is friends with the complainant (Facebook screenshot already saved to my hard drive).

Neighbour reported to police for harassment.  I have an incident number.

Local code of conduct for councillors state that they have to be impartial and words to the effect of not acting in a way which suggests they are working as part of their position. Clearly, the flavour of all of this wreaks of "gentlemans" auld-lang-syne cock shakery in the local badminton club, so next will be filing a complaint against said councillor as I belive he's abusing his position in an attempt to add credibility to the scenario.

Local planning officer cc'd on the email. Another neighbour who recieved the email has been round and also told him to sort it out and leave it.

My fathers in a bad way and there's a lot of in / out with carers, nurses, GP, hospice team - and my cars have been parked up for around 9-10 weeks as it's not been a priority... Could do without it, but bigger things to worry about right now!

Thanks for the comments and I will keep you posted...

G.

Check if the local councillor is your WARD cllr... IF he isn't that means he is the complainants pal.

I used to get a lot of this crap at the council...the complainant or complained party used to go to another cllr and not their ward cllr. Simply because they were pals.

There is a dedicated employed person at the council that overlooks the code of conduct and practice of cllrs... You can complain about the cllr for malpractice or abuse in a public office. 

Biggest corrupt individuals are cllrs... Accepting gifts to approve planning applications for big firms! A Westminster cllr finally admitted to receiving a gift a week for donkey years. It was in the news.

Edited by ExCouncilJobsworth

Thanks - I checked. He's not the cllr for the ward.

In the email in which he is a participant in, the cllr made clear I was not a person who is known to him. However he omitted that he is a "facebook" friend of the complainant and I have a screen grab of his friends list in which he appears to prove they know each other.

He has copied in planning enforcement saying that he has "witnessed the activity" - which can simply only be some cars parked in a private driveway. There is no "activity", unless  I am washing one of my cars, which is perfectly reasonable.

Having never spoken to me, he has acted in bias and shown discrimination towards me due to his personal friendship and subsequently forwarding the "facts" (term used loosely!) to the planning enforcement office.

I understand from many people that he's not a nice person and has upset quite a few people.

Referring to the code of conduct (in Bold), below for our local council I believe he has fallen short on these points - 

Any help here appreciated...

G.

2.2 The Code of Conduct applies—

(a) whenever you conduct the business, or are present at a meeting, of the Authority; or

(b) whenever you act, claim to act or give the impression you are acting in the role of Member to which you were elected or appointed; or

(c) whenever you act, claim to act or give the impression you are acting as a representative of the Authority (including representation on outside bodies); or

(d) at all times and in any capacity, in respect of conduct identified in paragraphs 3.4(a) and 3.5; or (e) in respect of any criminal offence for which you have been convicted during your term of office.

Also,

3. Rules of Conduct

Integrity Holders of public office must avoid placing themselves under any obligation to people or organisations that might try inappropriately to influence them in their work. They should not act or take decisions in order to gain financial or other material benefits for themselves, their family, or their friends.

They must declare and resolve any interests and relationships.

Objectivity Holders of public office must act and take decisions impartially, fairly and on merit, using the best evidence and without discrimination or bias.

Accountability Holders of public office are accountable to the public for their decisions and actions and must submit themselves to the scrutiny necessary to ensure this. Openness Holders of public office should act and take decisions in an open and transparent manner. Information should not be withheld from the public unless there are clear and lawful reasons for so doing. Honesty Holders of public office should be truthful.

3.2 In fulfilling your Duties and Responsibilities You must not:

(c) bully or harass any person; or (d) do anything which compromises, or which is likely to compromise, the impartiality of those who work for, or on behalf of, the Authority.

3.5 Use of your Position You must not:

(a) in your official capacity or otherwise, use or attempt to use your position improperly to confer on or secure for yourself, or any other person, an advantage or create or avoid for yourself, or any other person, a disadvantage;

(b) use, or authorise others to use, the resources of the Authority— (i) imprudently; (ii) in breach of the Authority's requirements; (iii) unlawfully; (iv) other than in a manner which is calculated to facilitate, or to be conducive to, the discharge of the functions of the Authority or of the office to which you have been elected or appointed; (v) improperly for political purposes; or (vi) improperly for private purposes.

You have more than enough to make a formal complaint.

State you feel victimised.

State that there is a conflict of interest of the cllr he is not ward cllr. (Often what can happen is he could tell the ward cllr to be a dick too and either step away or not step in).

Also state "elected members have dedicated pages just like MPs do and this allows those in public office to have a public profile and a private one for friends and family in this case Cllr Tosser is in breach of Code xx"

Also copy in the council leader (unless this cllr is the leader lol). 

In my days our council leader used to back us up from his cllrs who used to think they're in India and own you as they're elected members :lol:

Don't be scared matey when they say "am cllr noob"

Remember they're only cllrs. They can be kicked out for misconduct and many have done so...a simple google search and you'll be surprised. Happens annually.

Edited by ExCouncilJobsworth

Did this guy say he was also a solicitor.Worth checking.This is a good one.I would inform the councillor you have taken advice about making an official complaint to the council about possible corruption.That will give him a headache.

42 minutes ago, trade vet said:

Did this guy say he was also a solicitor.Worth checking.This is a good one.I would inform the councillor you have taken advice about making an official complaint to the council about possible corruption.That will give him a headache.

Either that or just ignore the f***ers - they’re pissing into the wind anyway.

I’d be tempted though to make a personal call on my difficult neighbour & tell him face to face the facts of life - these ‘letter writers’ usually don’t have the stomach for direct action.

On 02/12/2018 at 10:24 PM, have a word with the wife said:

a line for you to remember = "don't ask for acceptance, beg for forgiveness" ;)

Hi all.

Sorry for the delay and radio silence. Unfortunately lost my father prior to Christmas so this hasn't been top of the priority list...

However - had a surprise visit from the Planning office today who confirmed there is NO PROBLEM with anything I am doing. He said that the complaint was "nonsense" and wished me a good day! :)

Next up is to draft up the complaint against the Cllr since he made our lives a lot more stressful in an already difficult time. Turns out he even knew my father - which winds me up even more.

G.

11 minutes ago, premi-motor said:

Next up is to draft up the complaint against the Cllr since he made our lives a lot more stressful in an already difficult time. Turns out he even knew my father - which winds me up even more.

Sorry to hear about your father :(

Mate, don't waste your life on these twats, you have got the result you wanted, so stick your file in a cupboard somewhere just in case and get on with your life .................

Don't show these arseholes that you give a flying fuck !!

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Dave2302 said:

Sorry to hear about your father :(

Mate, don't waste your life on these twats, you have got the result you wanted, so stick your file in a cupboard somewhere just in case and get on with your life .................

Don't show these arseholes that you give a flying fuck !!

I agree with Dave.

I'd go and knock on his door and give him a load of polite but "ner ner" type verbal and walk away smiling when he's stammering and stuttering his way through his reply...

Great result. Well done! As it should be. 

It’s good to stand up to these small minded insignificant failures in life. They think they’re it because they are councillors or whatever pathetic job title they have. 

Usually little angry men with a Napoleon complex and a dodgy browser history  

Anyway, for me, your best action is to be your usual nice self and smile and wave politely when you see your idiot neighbour. You’ve gotta live and work there so no point in continuing the unpleasantness  He knows he’s a penis, as does everybody else no doubt.. they rarely have any friends etc.  

Good luck and I hope you crack on well now with the cars. Condolences about your Dad. 

• Like 1

Well i would do it slightly differently

i would fire up my trusty printer and print off as many official copy sheets as i needed that shows you are not trading illegally and personally post one in every letter box you feel necessary

do NOT go near this councillor hes an arse hole and people like these would love you to go talk to him because next thing you will get a copper at your door saying theres been a complaint of harassment

dont believe me?

one of my customers got exactly this and her solicitor had even written down exactly how she was to proceed prior to meeting a similar sort

woodentops arent much use these days unfortunately

Hi PM

I would not let this go.He had no right to get involved,he is from another ward,he embellished the complaint.I would report him to the Council Standards Committee and copy in all the other councillors.I would want to know all about this guy especially as he did not disclose that he knew your father.....Give him a headache !

• Like 1

2 hours ago, premi-motor said:

Hi all.

Sorry for the delay and radio silence. Unfortunately lost my father prior to Christmas so this hasn't been top of the priority list...

However - had a surprise visit from the Planning office today who confirmed there is NO PROBLEM with anything I am doing. He said that the complaint was "nonsense" and wished me a good day! :)

G.

G, I'm really sorry to hear about your father, please accept my condolences... I told you the twat didn't have a leg to stand on...Get it in writing... Now follow it up with a hefty complaint about bullying and harassment etc etc

Oh, and I forgot...... go and buy the shitiest hippy traveler van, tax it for a year and park it outside his house  :lol:

Thanks everyone. Very happy about the visit today.

I'm doing the official complaint as we speak - highlighting the pair's undisclosed friendship backed up with a facebook print out showing the connection.

Its getting posted to everyone in his email chain (the neighbours) and unlike him who omitted me, I'll also include him, the councillor in question and the council complaints department.

Should stick a few wasps up arses - if nothing else.

G

• Like 2