Sign in to follow this  
trade vet

Brexit scaremongering

Mark Carey manages to get his contract extended then comes out with ‘ there could be economic chaos with a no deal Brexit and house prices could fall by a third if interest rates rise’.He should know that his statement will have an immediate adverse effect on trade.He is probably now trying to get fired and get a bigger pay off with his contract extension.

Just now, trade vet said:

Mark Carey manages to get his contract extended then comes out with ‘ there could be economic chaos with a no deal Brexit and house prices could fall by a third if interest rates rise’.He should know that his statement will have an immediate adverse effect on trade.He is probably now trying to get fired and get a bigger pay off with his contract extension.

Sorry Carney.

im disgustedc his contract has been extended

meanwhile in his home country they are trying to defy trump and yet they need trump more than trump needs them

i wished he had gone home

yes i voted brexit because i see the damage daily that the eu is causing to my lifestyle

Brexit and scaremongering go hand in hand. Let's be honest, if it wasn't for scaremongering from Boris and Co on their bullshit bus we wouldn't be having this conversation.

• Like 2

when interest rate was 10% business went on and house prices rose,,, these people are incompetent and should be held accountable for the cock up they are making of brexit, and the recession creating scaremongering they spout... 

.......and the future is EV vehicles apparently? Theresa may has drcided we will be a centre of excellence (think we've missed the boat). Lets hope they're not made in birmingham? 

A very odd comment to come from the Bank though, thought there main job was to maintain stability outside the control of government, that kind of talk is hardly productive.

Well, apparently we’re well away from a recession........

Anyone else noticed the man in the street seems to be absolutely potless?

Yes my neighbour just "downgraded" from his 18 month old Jag F Pace to an Audi Q8 (I didn't even know a Q8 was coming). 

He must be feeling the pinch so moved away from a luxury brand to a more mainstream offering...

8 hours ago, boring dave said:

im disgustedc his contract has been extended

meanwhile in his home country they are trying to defy trump and yet they need trump more than trump needs them

i wished he had gone home

yes i voted brexit because i see the damage daily that the eu is causing to my lifestyle

Would you care to elaborate bud. exactly how is the EU damaging your lifestyle?

• Like 2

12 hours ago, trade vet said:

Sorry Carney.

‘ there could be economic chaos with a no deal Brexit and house prices could fall by a third if interest rates rise’ 

Blokes doing his job as far as i can see, it's called due diligence. Once you get past the scaremongering tabloid headlines and dig into it it's just part of a larger body of text stating it's a worst case scenario. A worst case scenario not an expected scenario. Stress testing banks is a pretty good lesson learnt if you ask anyone that stood outside a Northern Rock bank early in the morning a decade ago wondering if their life savings would still be in there come opening time.

Would it make brexiteers feel better if he came out and declared that whilst the government are seemingly unable to force a favourable deal with the EU through, multinationals are refusing to invest in the UK, financial institutions are relocating and there is a considerable drop in EU nationals applying to work in roles unfulfilled by the UK population it's all going to be tickety boo? 

Ultimately 52% voted to upset the status quo, for better or worse. I didn't but accept it. But to then complain when someone in power acknowledges that there are probably a few waves on the horizon is a bit bloody rich.

• Like 1

I've stayed away from the Brexit debate because of my inability (ineligibility rather) to vote. 20 years here and no right to cast a vote, there might be a couple of million remainers just like me that didn't vote for that reason so in reality the 51.9% is a lot less. So far no one has "won" anything, everyone I know is counting losses. But if someone thinks that their "lifestyle" might improve as a result - I respect your vote and I'll have double of what you've been drinking. I'll certainly need it to improve my lifestyle in the years to come...

• Like 1

13 hours ago, grant8064 said:

‘ there could be economic chaos with a no deal Brexit and house prices could fall by a third if interest rates rise’ 

Blokes doing his job as far as i can see, it's called due diligence. Once you get past the scaremongering tabloid headlines and dig into it it's just part of a larger body of text stating it's a worst case scenario. A worst case scenario not an expected scenario. Stress testing banks is a pretty good lesson learnt if you ask anyone that stood outside a Northern Rock bank early in the morning a decade ago wondering if their life savings would still be in there come opening time.

Would it make brexiteers feel better if he came out and declared that whilst the government are seemingly unable to force a favourable deal with the EU through, multinationals are refusing to invest in the UK, financial institutions are relocating and there is a considerable drop in EU nationals applying to work in roles unfulfilled by the UK population it's all going to be tickety boo? 

Ultimately 52% voted to upset the status quo, for better or worse. I didn't but accept it. But to then complain when someone in power acknowledges that there are probably a few waves on the horizon is a bit bloody rich.

You are right.He was doing his job discussing various Brexit scenarios in a meeting with ministers and not in public.It appears details of the worst case scenario were then leaked to the media.

2 hours ago, Nick M.K. said:

I've stayed away from the Brexit debate because of my inability (ineligibility rather) to vote. 20 years here and no right to cast a vote, there might be a couple of million remainers just like me that didn't vote for that reason so in reality the 51.9% is a lot less. So far no one has "won" anything, everyone I know is counting losses. But if someone thinks that their "lifestyle" might improve as a result - I respect your vote and I'll have double of what you've been drinking. I'll certainly need it to improve my lifestyle in the years to come...

I've stayed away from the brexit debate on here, other forums, in the pub, on the golf course and even at home for fear of causing myself a heart attack or seriously falling out with people. I no longer buy a paper, hardly watch the news and I'm more likely to watch Emmerdale than Question Time these days. Unlike you I'm struggling to respect anyone who voted yes (especially if they are Welsh or live and work in Wales) but like you, if any one thinks that the garden is suddenly going to become all rosy due to us leaving then I'll  join you for a very large drink.

• Like 1

Someone suggested to me the other day I should be buying up a few LHD classics and sports cars ready for the pound to collapse and sell them for export.

I cant help thinking Brexit is going to be another Millennium bug.. Remember the shite that came with that, Planes falling out of the sky, No water or electricity etc etc etc. Come 12:00 on 01/01/01 nothing happened. Everything carried on exactly the same.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, MrC said:

I cant help thinking Brexit is going to be another Millennium bug.. Remember the shite that came with that, Planes falling out of the sky, No water or electricity etc etc etc. Come 12:00 on 01/01/01 nothing happened. Everything carried on exactly the same.

The economic effects will take a while to fully take hold. Nothing will happen overnight?

2 hours ago, met said:

The economic effects will take a while to fully take hold. Nothing will happen overnight?

Mr Trump sorted out the EU in one day.He just told them to stop cheating on secret subsidies in the steel business and other industries and cough up for under paying into NATO or they would be tarriffed.Meanwhile because we are British we follow EU Regs to the letter and have destroyed our own steel and fishing industry while allowing other EU states to cheat.

6 hours ago, trade vet said:

Mr Trump sorted out the EU in one day.He just told them to stop cheating on secret subsidies in the steel business and other industries and cough up for under paying into NATO or they would be tarriffed.Meanwhile because we are British we follow EU Regs to the letter and have destroyed our own steel and fishing industry while allowing other EU states to cheat.

That sounds great, good news. things should improve now then?

Now theresa may has decided we are going to be a centre of excellence for EV's we'll need all the cheap steel we can get? Although we'll be hard pressed to out manufacture china, but here's hoping! 

Edited by met
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, met said:

That sounds great, good news. things should improve now then?

Didn't improve in the US (far from it), won't improve one bit here. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nick M.K. said:

Didn't improve in the US (far from it), won't improve one bit here. 

Trump knows how to work the media! 

it would be good if "just a few" in the political arena had some business experience or acumen! As we all know it is worth its weight to our customers, chiefly so they know we know what we are talking about.. Then they are happy to let us give them a good deal...

Pre leave vote, all UK politicians blamed the EU and Brussels for problems we faced in the UK.. Brussels decision/EU wide regulations.. This is utter bollocks, a cop out and these goons need clearing out, I heard on radio today each MP has 5-10 "special advisors" on salary to help them understand how to deliver their job... Its a bloody shame we cant go to companies house and get a set of accounts to see just how UK Plc is run.

One hangover from the whole EU debate is that the UK population never voted or were asked to give up laws/sovereignty/control of borders.. the UK voted to join a common market, a common trading block, end of.

The real negative of the vote to leave is found here IMO; politicians not following instructions or asking for guidance from the people of the UK.. the country has been allowed to sleep walk into this mess by subsequent spineless governments (all now retired on gold plated pensions)... I'd guess the vote leave is a kick back at this and being consumed by a bureaucratic nightmare.. a vote by those old enough to remember the promises made when joining.

Controlled migration is fine if the folks arriving in the UK do so to come and work and make a better life for themselves.. That way the UK, all of us, benefit.. having a migration quota forced on us to absorb any kind of migrant is unacceptable (we cant afford it), it is also a tad inhumane not to help; but really it could be easy.. if you want to come, INTEGRATE!

I have yet to hear of one major benefit to remaining in the EU and tipping cash down the collective drains in Brussels / Strasbourg weekly; we need to see the average UK "gender neutral individual" with good job opportunities, not service industry work. Good wages mean people can aspire to moving up the job/housing ladder.. With this will come more disposable income, with this will come a boost to sales.. hopefully car sales...

I heard Land Rover is starting a three day week in Birmingham until Xmas.. Amazing how all these announcements hit the media one after the other, its like some crap script in a poorly managed soap opera..

Best do my shopping list for tomorrow..

26 minutes ago, Area 51 said:

it would be good if "just a few" in the political arena had some business experience or acumen! As we all know it is worth its weight to our customers, chiefly so they know we know what we are talking about.. Then they are happy to let us give them a good deal...

Pre leave vote, all UK politicians blamed the EU and Brussels for problems we faced in the UK.. Brussels decision/EU wide regulations.. This is utter bollocks, a cop out and these goons need clearing out, I heard on radio today each MP has 5-10 "special advisors" on salary to help them understand how to deliver their job... Its a bloody shame we cant go to companies house and get a set of accounts to see just how UK Plc is run.

One hangover from the whole EU debate is that the UK population never voted or were asked to give up laws/sovereignty/control of borders.. the UK voted to join a common market, a common trading block, end of.

The real negative of the vote to leave is found here IMO; politicians not following instructions or asking for guidance from the people of the UK.. the country has been allowed to sleep walk into this mess by subsequent spineless governments (all now retired on gold plated pensions)... I'd guess the vote leave is a kick back at this and being consumed by a bureaucratic nightmare.. a vote by those old enough to remember the promises made when joining.

Controlled migration is fine if the folks arriving in the UK do so to come and work and make a better life for themselves.. That way the UK, all of us, benefit.. having a migration quota forced on us to absorb any kind of migrant is unacceptable (we cant afford it), it is also a tad inhumane not to help; but really it could be easy.. if you want to come, INTEGRATE!

I have yet to hear of one major benefit to remaining in the EU and tipping cash down the collective drains in Brussels / Strasbourg weekly; we need to see the average UK "gender neutral individual" with good job opportunities, not service industry work. Good wages mean people can aspire to moving up the job/housing ladder.. With this will come more disposable income, with this will come a boost to sales.. hopefully car sales...

I heard Land Rover is starting a three day week in Birmingham until Xmas.. Amazing how all these announcements hit the media one after the other, its like some crap script in a poorly managed soap opera..

Best do my shopping list for tomorrow..

I went to Corfu for a couple of weeks a few weeks ago, oh how it’s changed... last time I went was about 15 years ago. The point I’m making is the roads were shagged, the whole infrastructure has had no investment.  The rubbish everywhere was astonishing, it’s like the place was bankrupt, which of course it is....

There was a grass fire close to us and the fire  engines which came were vintage...

The EU doesn’t seem to be helping Greece. But they made their bed...

I’m not going anywhere with this just explaining observations

15 hours ago, Arfur Dealy said:

The point I’m making is the roads were shagged, the whole infrastructure has had no investment.  The rubbish everywhere was astonishing, it’s like the place was bankrupt,

Much like many parts of the UK are now? And we’re currently still in the EU

So lets stop going over the past. It is what it is. The die is cast. From now on lets start being positive and posting only 'good' news about brexit. Or at least when it happens, and then we'll need another 6-9 months after that for these new business opportunities to flourish. 

No more negativity!