Sign in to follow this  
trade vet

BCA service

Was at BCA Newcastle today,I had to laugh.One of the old guys who buys and breaks lots of cheapies was complaining.While he initially excepted the exorbitant buyers fees of £84 on a £100 car,he could not accept they would no longer give him a paper invoice.He was requesting dispensation because of both his age and lack of e commerce knowledge and equipment.He was also requesting a breakdown of the 84% buyers fee.He was declined saying that they no longer print out invoices.What made it worse was that they then printed out a pass out sheet for him.

My suggested remedy was that they email his invoice to someone he knew who could print it.Then he could invoice back BCA for his time trouble.

My dad is 84, he still pays all his bills by cash at the post office. He has no mobile and no internet.

Bearing in mind we are heading to be a 'cashless' society, and this along with assumed online access, there is no place in that world for him.

Sad

Edited by met

16 hours ago, trade vet said:

He was also requesting a breakdown of the 84% buyers fee

You can't really view their buyers fees as a percentage of the hammer price but if you do then my latest purchase attracted far more acceptable 2.8% on a Gold account

Some branches still print them off if you ask they will print it. 

My local auction no longer accepts cash payments. Not even deposits can be paid in cash. No credit cards either. Only payment is debit card. Cashless society is coming. Businesses are dictating to the customers now. Auctions seem able to do exactly as they please and we keep turning up week in week out. 

Since starting out in this game the indemnity prices have gone up 5 times the rate of inflation. The job gets harder and harder. 

I know I sound like Mr. Paranoia but ‘the authorities’ want everyone to be totally cashless so that every transaction in our lives is recorded and can be scrutinised. 

Nowadays many people’s idea of a ‘cash deal’ involves cards or bank transfers. Brainwashed.

• Like 1

In a world where my bank charges me almost 1% to pay cash in why would I want anyone to pay me with their notes and then expect a 20% discount for the privilege. Thanks but no thanks. Give me a transfer any day. 

42 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

In a world where my bank charges me almost 1% to pay cash in why would I want anyone to pay me with their notes and then expect a 20% discount for the privilege. Thanks but no thanks. Give me a transfer any day. 

Agreed. 

People seem to think cash is an elixir we crave. Actually it’s just an easy way to ask for a discount, the done thing, the old school method. When they can’t find anything wrong with the car it’s the last act. 

10 hours ago, EPV said:

Agreed. 

People seem to think cash is an elixir we crave. Actually it’s just an easy way to ask for a discount, the done thing, the old school method. When they can’t find anything wrong with the car it’s the last act. 

Yup. Even worse when they say ‘cash and no finance, no PX- best price’. As if that’s a good thing!

Err, no. all of those things cost me money Mr. Customer...cost to pay cash in less the discount loss you’re asking for /no potential PX re-selling, no finance commission. 

I always say that cash is my least preferred payment method.  Transfer being favourite (until I get FCA).

14 hours ago, BHM said:

I know I sound like Mr. Paranoia but ‘the authorities’ want everyone to be totally cashless so that every transaction in our lives is recorded and can be scrutinised. 

Nowadays many people’s idea of a ‘cash deal’ involves cards or bank transfers. Brainwashed.

With you 100%. It's 1984 coming true.

at the moment, banks are required by law to maintain 7 years of transactions for every account. I heard the gov wants to increase this to 20 years, presumably so they can have more time to scrutinise everything in the future...

On 22/08/2018 at 8:52 AM, met said:

My dad is 84, he still pays all his bills by cash at the post office. He has no mobile and no internet.

Bearing in mind we are heading to be a 'cachless' society, and this along with assumed online access, there is no place in that world for him.

Sad

I had a similar thought about the Dart charge, i've driven over that bridge a few times and have to remember to pay the charge online. Now if my dad ( rest his soul ) had driven over the dartford bridge, how would he have paid it. No mobile, no internet, no email address etc..... ?

1 hour ago, Mat C said:

I had a similar thought about the Dart charge, i've driven over that bridge a few times and have to remember to pay the charge online. Now if my dad ( rest his soul ) had driven over the dartford bridge, how would he have paid it. No mobile, no internet, no email address etc..... ?

Yes, in fact the banks cause the biggest issues. Especially with their assumption that 'everyone' has internet access and/or an 'app' on their phone. Obviously the young guys at head office can't comprehend that not everyone is always on their phone?

Every time I walk into the bank the lady always points me either to the paying in machine, the withdrawal machine, or to sign up for internet banking because did you know you can do it all online sir? And I always reply back saying you know if I did all that you wouldn't have a job right? 

I just get a blank stare back lol :D

1 hour ago, Zest said:

Every time I walk into the bank the lady always points me either to the paying in machine, the withdrawal machine, or to sign up for internet banking because did you know you can do it all online sir? And I always reply back saying you know if I did all that you wouldn't have a job right? 

Like Turkeys voting for Christmas 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Zest said:

I went to Santander with about £7k in notes, sent to post office.

Other day, I had a taxi waiting (on way to collect a car) outside the bank.  I queued and queued for the one cashier whom said, "Is that cheque for a business account, we can't accept that over the counter, you will have to use the machine."  Touch screen was really slow and I nearly walked out in handcuffs.

1 minute ago, Mark101 said:

Other day, I had a taxi waiting (on way to collect a car) outside the bank.  I queued and queued for the one cashier whom said, "Is that cheque for a business account, we can't accept that over the counter, you will have to use the machine."  Touch screen was really slow and I nearly walked out in handcuffs.

:lol:

1 hour ago, Mark101 said:

:lol:

On 24/08/2018 at 9:22 AM, Mark101 said:

The fact that Santander charge a % for paying in cash but then they wont even take it at their branches boils my p1ss.  So you have to use the PO. How do they get away with it?

It's one of the reasons I prefer card payments - yes, I pay 1.75% (credit or debit) but no trip to the bank to pay in cash, so only actually .75% extra - worth it in my book.

Still prefer bank transfer of course but you can't have it all.