Sign in to follow this  
friar

Want's to sell car back again?

Customer I sold car to 2 months ago, small useage, wants to sell back due to change in circumstances.

Sold for £7995,how much would be fair to offer?

£6000????

if it was at the block would you buy it

if so how much if not why not

etc

if you don't want it tell him you've spent your budget for the next 6 weeks but might consider in on consignment

i rarely buy a car back for a double bubble

30 minutes ago, friar said:

Customer I sold car to 2 months ago, small useage, wants to sell back due to change in circumstances.

£6000????

Ouch..... Thats a bit low....

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Stalker said:

Ouch..... Thats a bit low....

Agreed, I'd think part ex price plus a light kick/re stocking fee! (i.e. fair useage charge).. I'd assume you are wanting to keep up good relations, help perhaps this billy in coming back in future and spreading the good word.. Free advertising and all that.. Crap advertising you cant finance, it pays for itself!

Surely this depends on what the car is worth. You may have sold it cheaply or expensively at £7995. 

I had a similar set of circumstances, trade in was £7600 I gave £8k knowing all I had to do was valet it, put a new ticket on and it would sell double quick. 

Explain you paid vat and have repreparation and advertising costs again to put it back on autoraper etc and I'd say in the region of 600 too 800 would be a fair amount provided the book value hasn't dropped too much. 

1 hour ago, friar said:

£6000????

I think everyone here's quite kind. I'd be at £6-6.5k - unless it flew out? What's the point in reselling an 8k car and making £500?

Bloody hell you're all too kind.

I bought an under 2 year old Range Vogue for £47,500, traded it in with same dealer after 3 months and took a £9,000 hit.

2 hours ago, friar said:

£6000????

He's wanting you to fork out your money for an easy transaction... 

Doesn't want the hassle of advertising himself, getting messes and getting chipped. Funny money or rubber bankers drafts... 

Wbac hammering him, as I'm sure he has checked... 

Do what is best for you, 6k would be as much as I would offer and if I wanted to avoid all of the above and take an easy sale then I would be grateful! 

I guess its all relative to what the car is exactly and whether you want it back.... if you don't i usually make an excuse about having too many cars already.....

Ps... if your going to chip him that try and do it face to face and record it.... you might get £250 off you've been framed when he chins you!

8 minutes ago, Stalker said:

I guess its all relative to what the car is exactly and whether you want it back.... if you don't i usually make an excuse about having too many cars already.....

Ps... if your going to chip him that try and do it face to face and record it.... you might get £250 off you've been framed when he chins you!

lol

Done a deal,£6750,just a wash and up for sale again.

10 minutes ago, friar said:

Thanks for the update - two bites of the cherry

19 hours ago, friar said:

I do deals like this often and try to be as diplomatic as possible while keeping things profitable. 

I'd ask the customer "how big of a loss can you live with" and some of them come up with a surprisingly large number. If they don't start with a number I will offer a bit over what I paid for it the first time round but if it needed a lot of adding value I will offer more. Nothing wrong in doing a deal like that, especially if it gives your customer an instant sale at a price higher than what they will get anywhere else. 

I wouldn't even clean the car as it comes back, will park it in our lock up, advertise it with the first set of photos and when the phones start ringing will give it a new full valet and a new full MOT. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

I do deals like this often and try to be as diplomatic as possible while keeping things profitable. 

I'd ask the customer "how big of a loss can you live with" and some of them come up with a surprisingly large number. If they don't start with a number I will offer a bit over what I paid for it the first time round but if it needed a lot of adding value I will offer more. Nothing wrong in doing a deal like that, especially if it gives your customer an instant sale at a price higher than what they will get anywhere else. 

I wouldn't even clean the car as it comes back, will park it in our lock up, advertise it with the first set of photos and when the phones start ringing will give it a new full valet and a new full MOT. 

Perfect advice imo. 

2 hours ago, friar said:

Result, be some decent free PR in that for you too I'd say.

Sold a Princess for £2995 bought it back a week later for £2,000, that was back in about 1982 or there abouts. 

1 hour ago, Screenman said:

Sold a Princess for £2995 bought it back a week later for £2,000, that was back in about 1982 or there abouts. 

£2995...must have been 6 months old,we sold a lot of Wedges,crap car but the punters loved them.( Those who didn’t go anywhere ) Your punter must have wanted it for regular use !

• Like 1