Adam laffling

Sticking stock

12 minutes ago, Adam laffling said:

Well maybe if you would have asked in a reasonable manor in the the first place i would have told you there's no need for rudeness or swearing after all we are all on here to offer friendly advice and chat.

Oh turn it in. I’m really not that bothered mate, if a bit of swearing offends you we wouldn’t even get on. Enjoy your weekend. 

• Like 1

Gee thanks Dad. How was I being impolite? I wasn’t swearing at you was I? How do you normally react when people conversing with you swear, not at YOU but generally? Do you tell them off too?

I’m a grown man. I’ll swear whenever the fuck I like. 

• Like 1

Seriously what is your money getting you?

Your profile says dealership name A R Laffling.

Google doesn't show anything for that name apart from a painter in Sudbury who gets 3 out of 5 stars from a woman with the same surname!!!

6 minutes ago, David Ayers said:

Seriously what is your money getting you?

Your profile says dealership name A R Laffling.

Google doesn't show anything for that name apart from a painter in Sudbury who gets 3 out of 5 stars from a woman with the same surname!!!

You won’t get an answer you didn’t say the magic word naughty boy 

1 hour ago, Adam laffling said:

Well maybe if you would have asked in a reasonable manor in the the first place i would have told you there's no need for rudeness or swearing after all we are all on here to offer friendly advice and chat.

Take a step back and chill, you are getting friendly valuable adult advice. This isn’t Mumsnet......

3 hours ago, Adam laffling said:

Now now no need for swearing :D 

Benji??

This has got to be a wind up

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Adam laffling said:

Blimey with that attitude its a wonder you have a business.

I'm shocked at this tbh. 

He didn't swear at you pal, and as a fellow trader whose vocab contains most of the finest swear words in the dictionary (and some not yet put in print), I think your change of tone towards EPV says more about your reluctance to answer his question than his use of the Queens English. 

£10 a month sounds like what my local sweet shop charges for a card in the window, but if I'm mistaken please do tell... We are all ears. 

But don't go on the higher than thou attack over some swearing used in the context of shock/doubt about your cheap advertising costs and not as you viewed as something which upset your gentle demeanour... 

If you are genuinely in the trade then you are fucked as most of the folk I've encountered are a shower of ignorant, abrasive bastards who use fuck at least once in every Sentence! 

EPV and most on here are gentle and well spoken in contrast so if he has offended you then perhaps think of a new career....like church bell ringing. 

/\ LOL

Ya all know where I am by now, I don't advertise bugger all most of the time. I park 'em on local garage forcourt marked up, give the owner a drink when sold, and if they are their more than a week I Gumtree and EBay, location thing, word of mouth sells my Vehicles ;) 

More often than not my Workshop Customers know what I've got and it is sold before its finished LOL

Edited by Dave2302

If I ask with sugar on the top would you mind sharing your advertising platform with me please. 

My Motors.co.uk deal is £96 per month for up to 20 vehicles. 

This is the only platform that fits the £10 per car math. £5 per car even. 

But I still spend almost £1700 across all platforms. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Linctrader said:

I'm shocked at this tbh. 

He didn't swear at you pal, and as a fellow trader whose vocab contains most of the finest swear words in the dictionary (and some not yet put in print), I think your change of tone towards EPV says more about your reluctance to answer his question than his use of the Queens English. 

£10 a month sounds like what my local sweet shop charges for a card in the window, but if I'm mistaken please do tell... We are all ears. 

But don't go on the higher than thou attack over some swearing used in the context of shock/doubt about your cheap advertising costs and not as you viewed as something which upset your gentle demeanour... 

If you are genuinely in the trade then you are fucked as most of the folk I've encountered are a shower of ignorant, abrasive bastards who use fuck at least once in every Sentence! 

EPV and most on here are gentle and well spoken in contrast so if he has offended you then perhaps think of a new career....like church bell ringing. 

• Like 2

He’s disappeared! :lol: Milked the lads for FREE information, took offence at someone’s swearing, played the keyboard warrior & flounced off. There’s a real man! :lol::lol::lol: 

I wonder what he’d make of being called an ungrateful parasite? 

:lol: /\ /\ /\ love it, Coffee on Screen again :D

On 7/13/2018 at 9:23 PM, Adam laffling said:

Hi guys i know as traders we all love that feeling when we turn stock over in a very short space of time gives us all a real buzz, what sort of time frame would you feel a piece of stock is sticking around to long? I know we all have different views on this. 

7 days before I breakeven.

On 14/07/2018 at 9:57 AM, EPV said:

Very good post. 

On 14/07/2018 at 9:27 AM, EPV said:

The flip side to that is if it’s costing you £150 per space for advertising then 4 months is £600. That’s £600 and probably your margin gone and you possibly could have filled that space with a car and turned it twice making money instead of losing it. 

9 months and that’s £1350 plus maybe 4 or 5 cars profit you could have turned. 

So I appreciate the sentiment of not getting rid of too quickly but hanging on too long is costing you a shit load of money and losing you possible margins. 

On 7/14/2018 at 7:44 PM, Nick M.K. said:

how many cars a month, on average, do you sell nick?

On 14/07/2018 at 7:44 PM, Nick M.K. said:

£1700 a month?! For how many cars?

1 hour ago, tradegirl said:

5k a month here...... 50 cars on average in stock. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tradegirl said:

13 (11+2) on Autotrader £1370

up to 25 on eBaymotorspro  £210

up to 20 on Motors.co.uk  £97

I always have 14-15 in stock of which a couple are always in prep

9-12 sales per month

• Like 1

I assume you don’t have the AT premium package Nick? If you do, i’m overpaying! 

2 hours ago, Dealer said:

5k a month here...... 50 cars on average in stock. 

What platforms if you don't mind?

4 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

13 (11+2) on Autotrader £1370

up to 25 on eBaymotorspro  £210

up to 20 on Motors.co.uk  £97

I always have 14-15 in stock of which a couple are always in prep

9-12 sales per month

Crazy how expensive AutoTrader is in comparison to the rest. I'm only on the PAYG package (3 weeks for £69?). How long do you get on the proper package?