Sign in to follow this  
Nick M.K.

Some new parts on eBay two-three times more expensive than the main dealer

Plenty of eBay sellers out there that simply sell on eBAY, then order from the main dealer at half the price and ship out to customer. 

Are you in the habit of checking dealer prices before ordering an eBay "bargain"? 

Edited by Nick M.K.

Every single time, just had a C1 back from body shop after having the normal faded red bumpers painted, the rear bumper is out of shape due the clip it sits on, some crafty bugger last month was selling repair your bumper bracket and clips for only £19.99 sounds like a right deal until you ring the main dealer and its £9.50 delivered. 

It's 50/50 some parts are cheap others are not I aways try both dealer and ebay and local motor factor. 

I hardly ever order parts from eBay unless it’s a door motor or something like that as delivery times seem to take forever even though your paying six quod plus for delivery

I lost the spare key for my bike. Local lock guy wanted £150 to do me a spare.

Quick call to the Ducati dealer. £34+ VAT for a blank, £10 to get it cut elsewhere and then a quick trip back to the dealer to get it coded for free.

Always check main dealer first for parts these days.

Interestingly just today my neighbour showed me an invoice from a Jag dealer for his offside headlight unit for £1787?:blink:

Trouble with EBay parts is there is too much Chinesium rubbish, even the factor are at it these days with that "Green Box" rubbish, we tried that stuff in our workshops on high monthly mileage fleet vehicles, soon went back to OE or OEM like febi bilstein, lemfoerder etc

7 hours ago, met said:

Always check main dealer first for parts these days.

Interestingly just today my neighbour showed me an invoice from a Jag dealer for his offside headlight unit for £1787?:blink:

I heard a similar thing from a family friend, laughable considering every time I sit in a jag it just screams tarted up Mondeo to me 

• Like 1

Get that a lot with MB bits, EBay used Number Plate Lamps for my S Class £20 each, take 4 days to get to me, Dealer £12.06 each less my Discount, same day or next day delivery !!

Always check the Dealer or your factors first ;)

Cheers Dave

38 minutes ago, Beautiful South Martin said:

Air bag squib for a Suzuki Alto local scrappy wanted £40 + " take it off yourself mate!" .....Main dealer £36 inc VAT delivered in a nice clean box!

So you bought it then? :lol:

2 minutes ago, tradex said:

As we do few Clios as you know, we tried ordering some complete door mirrors for the Mk4 using Fleabay, instead of a our usual vendor to save a few quid on a common item, well acutally half the price, but as usual buy cheap, buy twice.

Well those door mirrors that turned up might as well have been made for the Space Shuttle they were so bad.

We kept thinking we had beem sent something similar but not quite the same, but had conformation that the item was correct, well sort of "they of conform part is unerring, not your customers trouble in being addressed before" as a reply:blink:

............I may ask the guy who wrote that to do our adverts, at least the punter may actually read it.

....another for our wall of shame:D

I've got this at the moment with a focus bonnet lock. Ordered a 'cheap' lock assembly which works fine but doesn't fit quite as snugly as the original. They left me a questionaire type thing asking me to describe my shopping experience and i explained that the part functioned correctly but didn't fit well. They replied with "we mentioned in the listing that its not an original part" and i replied that i don't mind that its not OE, i do mind that it doesn't fit properly! We have been backwards and forwards like this for almost a week. This morning they have asked me to very nicely to:

"We check the listing has been mentioned the size. Could you pls kindly check?"

So, they think i'm complaining about being sent the wrong part, i think the correct part is wrong. Or at least whoever did the plastic moulded part?

22 hours ago, tradex said:

So let me get this clear.

The correct part is wrong, but right in an incorrect way.....;)

...or have I got that wrong?

I had this years ago after ordering a Corolla mirror glass. They sent one for a different Toyota & after complaining apparently I was at fault because the part fitted. Errr..no it f***ing didn’t!

Brown Bros, now there's a blast from the past, we all showing our age to remember them LOL