Sign in to follow this  
Arfur Dealy

I'm losing patience and tolerance. Advice needed

For the last 7/8 weeks I'm just getting getting bombarded with morons & cretins, one after another, after another... It's really starting to annoy me and I'm just not being able to say the same fecking thing, time after time, after time...I'm losing all patience for these cretins and lack of tolerance levels are currently at 110%... I can see me getting negged soon !!

I’m surprised you get much hassle considering the way you do business. 

Are they all giving you agro over the deposit process? Or am I missing something?

Edited by Del Boy

Maybe you should add what this dealer has to his advert. Read item description below  5A2F074B-C914-4C0C-A7C5-C3FDE74A5C3D.png

(V. funny if you put the item number in eBay and read the whole description if you’re bored)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Del Boy said:

I’m surprised you get much hassle considering the way you do business. 

Are they all giving you agro over the deposit process? Or am I missing something?

What I mean is, even with "please watch the full video presentation" written on the lead picture, in the description, repeatedly written everywhere they still don't seem to able to read....  Then I get the ones who say they've watched it but just want to "av a look" and "I would never pay you a deposit". It's getting to the point where I'm close to saying..... what part of "I only appoint confirmed buyers" do you not fucking understand. 

My buyers are great, they manage to hold a conversations in a bright and educated manner, they call say, Simon Ive just watch your video, I'm really impressed how can I pay the deposit :)..... That is exactly my aim. 

21 minutes ago, NOACROSS said:

Due a holiday mate?

Very recently had one, spent 25 days in Thailand in March and April... Off to Corfu for the last two weeks of August :) 

8 minutes ago, NOACROSS said:

Maybe you should add what this dealer has to his advert. Read item description below  

(V. funny if you put the item number in eBay and read the whole description if you’re bored)

I've got no problem being extreme, been that way for years........ I'm just getting frustrated 

Ahhhh Sterling Cars Carswithnoreserve, been following them for years. I made my biggest profit last year on an E55 Estate, absolutely MINT it was, straight out of the box. The PX string went on for about 5 cars, all with great margins..... :) 

• Like 1

So they’re always like that? Brill. ‘If you don’t like it-Go F Yourself Autos’. Love it 

Back to your OP: I’m just happy if the phone rings some weeks!

You’ll get some normal people soon, and anyway, I think you deserve some fools after such a long exotic holiday! ;o)

What’s that old expression?:

Arguing with an Idiot is like playing chess with a pigeon. ; No matter how good you are; the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, shit on the board, and strut around like it won anyway

Edited by NOACROSS
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, NOACROSS said:

So they’re always like that? Brill. ‘If you don’t like it-Go F Yourself Autos’. Love it 

Back to your OP: I’m just happy if the phone rings some weeks!

You’ll get some normal people soon, and anyway, I think you deserve some fools after such a long exotic holiday! ;o)

What’s that old expression?:

Arguing with an Idiot is like playing chess with a pigeon. ; No matter how good you are; the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, shit on the board, and strut around like it won anyway

Like :lol: I’m just used to being really busy, the last 2 months have been statistically my quietest, I’ve been low on stock and as “everyone” is saying finding it hard to buy. 

You cant fix stupid, god that saying has so many uses in the world we live in today, 

Bit shocked to see your stresses thought you had struck upon a great new usp of selling cars.

If it helps here is stupid for you, Sold a Golf + tdi last weekend this thing is mint and i mean shiny polo mint, anyway fussy customer wants the head lights polished or changed, they had some slight frosting well they didnt polish up as good as he liked so he left a £300 deposit and said change the lights i will give you the asking price plus the price to change them, i found a set of copies on flebay for £130 result. 

Guys rings today doesnt want the car but his deposit back so i pointed out nice and calm your not having your deposit back you time wasting minge bag as you made me change the lights, he said fine but he wants the old lights as he feels he has purchased them !!! i kid you not. 

So around he came at 4.30 to collect his old Golf plus lights we just sat in the office and said there outside and laughed as he struggle to walk off with two headlights under his arms. 

go figure 

10 minutes ago, justina3 said:

You cant fix stupid, god that saying has so many uses in the world we live in today, 

Bit shocked to see your stresses thought you had struck upon a great new usp of selling cars.

If it helps here is stupid for you, Sold a Golf + tdi last weekend this thing is mint and i mean shiny polo mint, anyway fussy customer wants the head lights polished or changed, they had some slight frosting well they didnt polish up as good as he liked so he left a £300 deposit and said change the lights i will give you the asking price plus the price to change them, i found a set of copies on flebay for £130 result. 

Guys rings today doesnt want the car but his deposit back so i pointed out nice and calm your not having your deposit back you time wasting minge bag as you made me change the lights, he said fine but he wants the old lights as he feels he has purchased them !!! i kid you not. 

So around he came at 4.30 to collect his old Golf plus lights we just sat in the office and said there outside and laughed as he struggle to walk off with two headlights under his arms. 

go figure 

Love the story, thanks Justin. I wouldn’t call myself stressing, that’s too hard, more real frustration with the quality of enquiries, or the lack of. 

29 minutes ago, justina3 said:

go figure 

I would have dropped them and smeared dog shit on them.

• Like 1

German car /fool as usual. 

Gotta ask for bigger deposits. That sorts the wheat from the chaff. 

Edited by NOACROSS

it is tough at the minute, people expecting old cars in new condition

59 minutes ago, justina3 said:

Sold a Golf +  

A VW punter being hard work again :blink:

16 minutes ago, tradex said:

That's foreplay around these parts. :P

Simon, Light a scented candle, nice long hot bath until your as wrinkly as a chip and ya bollocks stay in the bath as you get out, bit of Vivaldi wafting over you, you need some me time mate,:wub:;)

.... this job is stressful on both body and mind and joking aside, can be very lonely at times. Only another trader really understands what we go thru doing this job.....it's all one big gamble, by people who are generally quite a conservative bunch, well most of my dealer mates are. 

As with all things in this job it seems to go in threes or a run, but you know all this Simon, but it's goid to let off a bit of steam if it's not head gasket related . I've had a run of idiots too (I blame high barometric pressure and sunspots). 

This job is awful when it's bad, but great when it goes well, and you get some proper customers, that actually appreciate a decent dealer, rather than plastic billy. Next week after the second decent customer all will be sweet again......only for some "best price mate" to bring it all down again.....peaks and troughs. 

I normally charge £80/hr for this car dealer stroking and psychology service, but as I know you call it a ton. B)

I like a bit of stroking i:wub:

You know the only good thing about a shit / quiet period? It usually means there’s a purple patch around the corner! ;)

I think everyone is suffering idiots at the moment.

Don’t let the cretins grind you down. :)

3 hours ago, justina3 said:

go figure 

Your next viewer on that one (VW Men) will be questioning whether its been in an accident as the headlamps aren't faded! :lol:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, D&M said:

Your next viewer on that one (VW Men) will be questioning whether its been in an accident as the headlamps aren't faded! :lol:

Thanks for sharing that bundle of joy with me :blink:

I like it when people call and ask questions about the car and I literally open the advert and read it back to them. 

Not just you Simon I have had an absolute run of idiotic enquiries and viewings lately. Just as I was losing the will to live Sunday just gone was a really pleasant day with 4 really nice sets of people all actually buying who were actually nice to chat to and spend time with. 

4 minutes ago, Rory RSC said:

Sunday just gone was a really pleasant day with 4 really nice sets of people all actually buying who were actually nice to chat to and spend time with. 

That's exactly how I spent my Sunday but because I don't have enough stock to attract so many buyers on a single day I had to invite some family friends over at our local pub. All they were buying were drinks :-)

• Like 2

Having the worst couple of months in years after a nice consistent run since before Christmas , enquiries just off a cliff edge...buyers market for sure at present .

23 hours ago, Arfur Dealy said:

For the last 7/8 weeks I'm just getting getting bombarded with morons & cretins, one after another, after another... It's really starting to annoy me and I'm just not being able to say the same fecking thing, time after time, after time...I'm losing all patience for these cretins and lack of tolerance levels are currently at 110%... I can see me getting negged soon !!

I’ve banged on about it & will continue to do so - it’s  hard going & it’s only going to get harder over the next couple of years.

The lack of pay rises, pisspoor jobs market (zero hours contracts etc.) really is taking its toll on the average hard-up family man in the street. Due to this I’ve seen a definite increase in stupidity, greediness & downright offensive offers - especially in cars around the £15-2500 mark. A year ago idiots wanting £500 discounts made contact via the internet - recently I’ve had a run of punters face-to-face wanting discounts of that sort of figure! At least it’s given me the opportunity to tell them to their face what I think of their shit offer & why my cars are more expensive than some dodgy c***’s on Gumtree.

In order to maintain my sanity I do not do business by text, I only answer emails that are half-reasonable (even then I usually think I’m pissing into the wind), I speak very frankly to punters on the phone (I try to weed out the hopeless) and even when they turn up I’m on high alert for signs of stupidity which I immediately jump on to in order to sort them out. 

I’d hate to think I had bills to pay because I can understand how some in this trade would entertain these timewasters & parasites. The funny thing is because I take a hard(ish) line with punters those I sell to are generally pleasant people & my margins are up (small cars & the small car tossers excepted).

It is tough going and it’s not only our job,look at what’s happening in the high street.Consumer debt is through the roof,a lot of people are maxed out because they don’t understand debt......We have been here before,people always need cars.I always found when it got bad,no trade,cheques bouncing ( including your own) solicitors letters,engines blowing,etc and you think it could not get any worse and it often did.You just have to hang in and then you get a break and things pick up and it’s back to normal.

Too many people on here let the punters get them down.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BHM said:

I’ve banged on about it & will continue to do so - it’s  hard going & it’s only going to get harder over the next couple of years.

The lack of pay rises, pisspoor jobs market (zero hours contracts etc.) really is taking its toll on the average hard-up family man in the street. Due to this I’ve seen a definite increase in stupidity, greediness & downright offensive offers - especially in cars around the £15-2500 mark. A year ago idiots wanting £500 discounts made contact via the internet - recently I’ve had a run of punters face-to-face wanting discounts of that sort of figure! At least it’s given me the opportunity to tell them to their face what I think of their shit offer & why my cars are more expensive than some dodgy c***’s on Gumtree.

In order to maintain my sanity I do not do business by text, I only answer emails that are half-reasonable (even then I usually think I’m pissing into the wind), I speak very frankly to punters on the phone (I try to weed out the hopeless) and even when they turn up I’m on high alert for signs of stupidity which I immediately jump on to in order to sort them out. 

I’d hate to think I had bills to pay because I can understand how some in this trade would entertain these timewasters & parasites. The funny thing is because I take a hard(ish) line with punters those I sell to are generally pleasant people & my margins are up (small cars & the small car tossers excepted).

Yeah, I know.... you don't need to tell me, I wake up every morning thinking how can I improve and simplify my video purchasing process. The problem is, the internet allows the extrinsically stupid (and they now have smart phones) to attempt communication when they have the inability to read the simplest thing, like the advert.

I used to re-auction via no reserve auction between 30/50 cars per month on ebay prior to the crash 2008, just like Luke at Sterling Cars £400 net per car... He actually copied my business model, 40% of all auctions were wrecked by the greater majority last minute foreign named bidders who had no intention of owning the car, and I mean my head would drop when mo... or naz... was the winner.... Utter scumbags... Don't get me started in eBay.