Sign in to follow this  
have a word with the wife

why i dont open sunday

phone ring,

you still got "car" ? can i come now ?

yes but closed today, open all 6 days except sunday

whereabouts are you, it doesnt say in advert ?

it does say in advert...

text me your postcode pal !

its in advert, please read it, there might be something else in advert youve missed as well.;)

You're not alone, dont do sundays as a general rule, guy from some arsehole of a place wins car on ebay yesterday and arranges collection today reluctantly on my part, fair enough he turned up on time with two mates then tried to find every single stone chip, mark, dead fly and tries the chip..I stood firm he fills out v5 then kicks off v5 isn't in my name, why would it be we're a garage? 

He fucked off on his mobile rabbiting away in whatever  middle eastern language it was for 10 minutes then came back and said the deals on if I send the v5 off in my name and he'll buy car when the  v5 comes back and tried forcing a deposit on me..... guess this could of happened any day but fathers day when I'd gone out my way to break away from the family for an hour

Edited by Paddy
I declined his offer and chased the fucker

Yup always won by some wannabe trader from Bradford or Birmingham who thinks the price is a starting point 

They don’t have fathers 

• Like 1

The only saving grace is the under bidder messaged me gutted he'd lost out by a penny, he'd put his max bid in  and was busy when the auction finished, I put him in the picture and he's coming round tomorrow having sent a deposit via paypal.

• Like 3

I do really well on sundays, 2 today, normally get the spur of the moment buyers on sunday. 2 last Sunday also.  I know these people can all appear to be a pain in the arse but there is some decent customers mixed in there

1 hour ago, Paddy said:

You're not alone, dont do sundays as a general rule, guy from some arsehole of a place wins car on ebay yesterday and arranges collection today reluctantly on my part, fair enough he turned up on time with two mates then tried to find every single stone chip, mark, dead fly and tries the chip..I stood firm he fills out v5 then kicks off v5 isn't in my name, why would it be we're a garage? 

He fucked off on his mobile rabbiting away in whatever  middle eastern language it was for 10 minutes then came back and said the deals on if I send the v5 off in my name and he'll buy car when the  v5 comes back and tried forcing a deposit on me..... guess this could of happened any day but fathers day when I'd gone out my way to break away from the family for an hour

I would of just said you have brought it into trade? Why didn’t you bring it into trade and do it online. Takes 2 minutes.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Grantlfc81 said:

I would of just said you have brought it into trade? Why didn’t you bring it into trade and do it online. Takes 2 minutes.

Why should he? There’s no point messing about with Johnny Foreigner when he’s making a nuisance of himself - just f*** him off. 

PS this of you who don’t ‘do’ Sundays shouldn’t break the rule. I do so once per year and EVERY time have regretted it. :lol:

5 hours ago, andymc1973 said:

They don’t have fathers 

:lol::lol::lol:

• Like 1

I don't do Sundays, haven't got the patience. I also find if you set a close time on Saturdays, say (2.0pm) , most people who really are serious will book an appointment in advance, so these are the ones to concentrate on.

I find most customers on Sundays are just at a lost of what to do for the day, so go and test a few cars, usually bringing the whole family …

I am sure I miss a few sales, but it seems to work ….

• Like 2

I agree with everything that has been said so far! 

I sold a car on eBay last week and he’s collecting it today. Same story as above, foreign, and waiting for mate to bring him over. Not looking forward to this one! 

24 minutes ago, Del Boy said:

I agree with everything that has been said so far! 

I sold a car on eBay last week and he’s collecting it today. Same story as above, foreign, and waiting for mate to bring him over. Not looking forward to this one! 

It’s not all as it seems. I had a pex shitter up for sale a few months back, hideous Mondeo diesel. Phone literally melted. 3 large Bulgarians fell out of a van outside my gaff to view it. They were all sweet as, sensible who knew the car was cheap for a reason and I told them bluntly it may last a year it may last ten but it’s f’kin cheap and is what it is. Cash handed over, ain’t heard a peep from them since. 

For me its a no, i do enough hours during the week i forced myself a few years back after watching people starting to run themselves into the ground, cancer heart attacks stress was becoming a far to often story, i need my day off and now i couldnt do without it mentally and physically. 

12 minutes ago, EPV said:

It’s not all as it seems. I had a pex shitter up for sale a few months back, hideous Mondeo diesel. Phone literally melted. 3 large Bulgarians fell out of a van outside my gaff to view it. They were all sweet as, sensible who knew the car was cheap for a reason and I told them bluntly it may last a year it may last ten but it’s f’kin cheap and is what it is. Cash handed over, ain’t heard a peep from them since. 

I find Eastern Europeans fall into 2 categories. They either know what they're looking for and will sometimes buy without so much as a test drive, or they pull a car apart and want it with all the bells and whistles (and usually don't buy anyway)

I find dickheads tend to come out every day of the week irrespective of it being a Sunday. Last couple of weeks has been non stop dealing with idiots. 

1 minute ago, Rory RSC said:

I find dickheads tend to come out every day of the week irrespective of it being a Sunday. Last couple of weeks has been non stop dealing with idiots. 

I agree with all of this!

However for me, I pisses me off even more being a Sunday. 

I used to love doing Sundays,there would be 2 of us watching the pitch.I always found the punters easier on a Sunday.The best we ever did on a Sunday was 9 ( out of 60),whichever sales guy I was on with did not mind either as they got full commission from my deals plus any chucky company incentives.You would also get Sunday punters returning and buying during the week.There has always been idiot punters,you just have to spot them early and walk away.....If you run a pitch you must open Sundays.

12 minutes ago, trade vet said:

I used to love doing Sundays,there would be 2 of us watching the pitch.I always found the punters easier on a Sunday.The best we ever did on a Sunday was 9 ( out of 60),whichever sales guy I was on with did not mind either as they got full commission from my deals plus any chucky company incentives.You would also get Sunday punters returning and buying during the week.There has always been idiot punters,you just have to spot them early and walk away.....If you run a pitch you must open Sundays.

Absolutely.  another one yesterday for us as usual.  

T.V.  I remember those days- ten over a weekend at least!

I find Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday slow, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday are my selling days (so far)  Saturday is the best though.

Doesn't matter what day of the week, I cannot tolerate customers who arrive with a massive chip on their shoulder, start off on the attack becuase they have preconceptions of what dealers are like.

Maybe its because I'm a larger guy (about 16-18 stone depending on my calorie intake), and they feel a need to prove something but personally, I am a calm, level, polite and laid back guy, so I can usually soon disarm the attitude but I really do hate it, especially when they start talking dealer language and if anyone else mentions a flipping timing belt to me, that calm attitude of mine may just flip.  On the flip side (daughter calls me Liam Neeson), when I do go, I really can dance.

All joking apart it doesn’t matter what colour, size, religion, nationality or sexuality punters are - there are good punters and complete arseholes amongst them all.

Years ago Sunday teatime was a good do-er but it all changed & turned into dickhead’s day. I sell less units nowadays but have increased my profit per unit, I rarely do much business on a Saturday (although oddly enough did 5 one Saturday a few months ago) but as a one man band my trade is Mon-Fri, noticeably Mon & Tue after they’ve seen the shite on the local pitches at the weekend, and a Thursday by punters wanting to buy before the perceived weekend rush. A few a week does me tbh.

parents shopping for their little darlings are my new bug bear, just fuck off and buy new

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Rory RSC said:

I'm currently getting one after another, after another... It's really starting to annoy me, I'm just not being able to have the patience for these cretins.. I mean, how do they get through life being so fecking stupid.. My lack of tolerance levels are currently at 110%... I can see me get negged soon !!

2 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

I'm currently getting one after another, after another... It's really starting to annoy me, I'm just not being able to have the patience for these cretins.. I mean, how do they get through life being so fecking stupid.. My lack of tolerance levels are currently at 110%... I can see me get negged soon !!

Funny how they all come out at once isn’t it! Lol 

hey

its june silly season

wait till july and august come:D

anyway ive got a bargain bargain toymota for sale and the phones already melted but havent met a punter yet

not looking forward to tomorrow

1 hour ago, tradex said:

Same hereB)

And here. 

Saturday’s are so quiet now, I keep thinking about closing Saturday. Now that would be living the dream, a whole weekend off! B)

Or at the very least do viewing by appointment on a Saturday. Very rare that anyone just turns up on a Saturday.

11 hours ago, Mark101 said:

On the flip side (daughter calls me Liam Neeson), when I do go, I really can dance.

Oh please do tell us more, not pointed shoes and heels by any chance.. I think there is an Irish jig, (past top twenty) when they dance around a timing belt.. :):)

5 hours ago, andymc1973 said:

parents shopping for their little darlings are my new bug bear, just fuck off and buy new

How come? These used to be the bulk of our customers a couple of years back. Parents buying their kids first Corsa/Fiesta/Mini. Not sure where they've all disappeared to.

14 minutes ago, tradegirl said:

How come? These used to be the bulk of our customers a couple of years back. Parents buying their kids first Corsa/Fiesta/Mini. Not sure where they've all disappeared to.

Probably to the local Vauxhall main dealer to pick up a crappy Corsa on a lease deal.

• Like 2