Sign in to follow this  
MainDealerBiatch

How to deal with a texter

2 hours ago, justina3 said:

So if we go to an auction and the guide price is £3995 should we be allowed to start the bidding at £3500 or should we just not look at the car.

Come on, an auction is just that, some go miles above some miles below. Car sales is a fixed price or as near to it business. 

3 minutes ago, EPV said:

Come on, an auction is just that, some go miles above some miles below. Car sales is a fixed price or as near to it business. 

What auctions do you attend to see stuff miles below :huh::(:ph34r:

and i threw in some extra modern smiley faces just for you on this bright and cheery tuesday morning 

We only have a landline now (virtual one straight through to mobile so can answer anywhere). But I do get some requests to text to update on progress of car (say if there are jobs to do) especially from busy people. 

I don't mind this and find it a decent way to communicate, same if a car is back in for a warranty job. They can then text you back at their leisure and you don't keep missing each others calls.

14 minutes ago, justina3 said:

What auctions do you attend to see stuff miles below :huh::(:ph34r:

and i threw in some extra modern smiley faces just for you on this bright and cheery tuesday morning 

The multi vendor ones ;)

7 minutes ago, SC Derby said:

We only have a landline now (virtual one straight through to mobile so can answer anywhere). But I do get some requests to text to update on progress of car (say if there are jobs to do) especially from busy people. 

I don't mind this and find it a decent way to communicate, same if a car is back in for a warranty job. They can then text you back at their leisure and you don't keep missing each others calls.

Same as. I only have an 0800 number that comes straight to my mobile. More than happy to text people to update arrangements or answer any questions they may have forgotten to ask on the phone but I am more than happy to miss out on that one sale where the person can’t engage via telephone if it means I don’t have to put up with instances like the OP has highlighted. Quite clearly a dreamer 

36 minutes ago, SC Derby said:

I send one way texts from our DMS so they cant reply but gives good progress. Recently started sending them out the day before or day of collection IE Just to confirm Car X is ready for 1pm look forward to seeing you then. 

51 minutes ago, Rory RSC said:

I send one way texts from our DMS so they cant reply but gives good progress. Recently started sending them out the day before or day of collection IE Just to confirm Car X is ready for 1pm look forward to seeing you then. 

What DMS do you use? 

2 hours ago, EPV said:

The multi vendor ones ;)

Surely you don't, really - wow :unsure:

On ‎11‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 0:31 PM, Wrexham said:

Screenshot_20180611-122837.png

and no doubt this man (or woman, I'm not sexist) will go away and leave a bad review somewhere

12 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

Surely you don't, really - wow :unsure:

No, I had my toungue in my cheek 

Maybe some non-dinosaur can set up a survey thingy about texts? Will be interesting to know how many do or don’t answer and how many see it as a good tool or a curse. 

I've had 2 texts today, 2 individuals both about the same car, one asking genuine questions about the  mechanicals/SH and they got a response, the other was 'best price cash today' got ignored, out of that 5 mins work (if that) one is viewing tomorrow and has sent over a copy of their driving licence as requested by myself so she can go on a test drive.

To be continued.....

Ha. That’s Brill.  Two more things to get angry about in that video too:

1) baseball caps- particularly when worn when not outside. 

2) People who don’t use loudspeaker (rather than putting it to their ears) so the whole world can hear their annoying conversation. 

Roar. 

15 hours ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Complete BS. Texters are bottom feeders, there’s no ifs or buts, they’ve texted because they don’t actually want to speak to you. 

Yep, they are either just messing about or haven’t got the bollocks to make their stupid offer to your face. I’m sure others have made the occasional sale but how much time have they wasted with shitheads. It’s be a long time before I execute business by text.

Personally I've not wasted a great deal of time at all, I simply dont respond to the 'shitheads'....A mate who mainly deals in 30-50k stuff conducts business via whatsapp from wherever he may be, be it the gym/beach/sitting in the sun drinking coffee, has a unit and stock in a couple of high end dealerships. Myself and him have both been in the industry 20 yrs+ so we where about prior to smart phones and social media, I guess you either adapt, embrace and move with the times and refine it to your advantage or become a miserable old git ungracefully :)

I get the same idiots by phone, email and text - I also have good people contacting by phone, text and email - The only ones I ignore are the ones asking for a discount before they even see the car.  Last time someone offered me £5,500 for a £6,000 Tiguan - I said no and that at £6k, I am actually undervaluing the car and going to increase the price to £6,500 (which I did).

2 hours ago, Mark101 said:

I get the same idiots by phone, email and text - I also have good people contacting by phone, text and email - The only ones I ignore are the ones asking for a discount before they even see the car.  Last time someone offered me £5,500 for a £6,000 Tiguan - I said no and that at £6k, I am actually undervaluing the car and going to increase the price to £6,500 (which I did).

That must have been a satisfying feeling!

13 hours ago, BHM said:

Yep, they are either just messing about or haven’t got the bollocks to make their stupid offer to your face. I’m sure others have made the occasional sale but how much time have they wasted with shitheads. It’s be a long time before I execute business by text.

Not sure how long it takes you to text it’s nornally less than a few minutes for us. 

A few minutes for a possible sale hardly a drain on company resources the staff take longer checking there brain draining mong book accounts.

Had a text in this morning at 552, asking about an astra I had (no, his name is Kevin before you all ask). I responded an hour later and booked him in today for 1 pm. Anyway, he's turned up with his mate, 'an expert!' Could this get any worse??!! Update later.....

Yes it can Matt. They'll walk in your office any minute and ask if you are open to them booking an "independent AA check" as they have a few concerns. 

Had a text in this morning at 552, asking about an astra I had (no, his name is Kevin before you all ask). I responded an hour later and booked him in today for 1 pm. Anyway, he's turned up with his mate, 'an expert!' Could this get any worse??!! Update later.....

1 hour ago, Matt Reid said:

gone to 'check the finances!'

That really pisses me off. Why the hell are you here looking at cars when you have not done this already you prat. 

• Like 1