Sign in to follow this  
Grantlfc81

Cars you cant get enough of

Is there's any cars you guys stock that sell pretty much within a week of stocking them.

sold 3 more Audi avants this week, 2005 - 2008.  If I had 50 of them they would all go within a month lol

22 minutes ago, Grantlfc81 said:

Is there's any cars you guys stock that sell pretty much within a week of stocking them.

sold 3 more Audi avants this week, 2005 - 2008.  If I had 50 of them they would all go within a month lol

A3 3.2 Quattros. Picking a 1 owner 33,000 miles one up tomorrow. Will be gone with 15 days at full price. 

What avants go well for you, A4 or A6’s?

Sold 6 new shape civic ctdi diesels this month and have another arriving tomorrow.

9 minutes ago, Ek cars said:

Sold 6 new shape civic ctdi diesels this month and have another arriving tomorrow.

What year? I normally stick to petrols 

14 minutes ago, SC Derby said:

What year? I normally stick to petrols 

Between 2006 and 2009 2.2 diesels are economical and refined people can't get enough of them up here.

1 minute ago, Ek cars said:

Between 2006 and 2009 2.2 diesels are economical and refined people can't get enough of them up here.

Are you selling them slightly rough?

I remember them 3-4 years old with 30-40k miles and the bonnets peppered with chips. 

Must have been tue angle of the bonnet or the quality of the paint.

Yeah civics can carry a few stone chips but most switched on civic buyers expert it (we’ve found)

53 minutes ago, Ek cars said:

Absolutely agree, very good cars, just beware of the clutch otherwise bulletproof. I tend to get good 

PX's with them aswell

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Ek cars said:

Fill  the tank  up on one of those it would take you from Brighton to Scotland easily. 

• Like 1

Cars you can’t get enough of...that the rest of the trade don’t want.I think they are the best.I was talking to an old pro trader recently and he does a lot of Insignias.( 14 plate under £6k) he is also into subprime chucky and these are apparently ideal.I said you must get a lot of torcher with those aswell as awfull sub prime punters.....His response was classic....’.well if you want to make money in this job,you have to swim upstream ‘.

I used to do well with Xsara Picasso’s, always flew out within days.  Shame they’re getting to old to bother with now though

29 minutes ago, Lakeside said:

I used to do well with Xsara Picasso’s, always flew out within days.  Shame they’re getting to old to bother with now though

Yeah old hat now sir.

5 hours ago, twerp said:

Are you selling them slightly rough?

I remember them 3-4 years old with 30-40k miles and the bonnets peppered with chips. 

Must have been tue angle of the bonnet or the quality of the paint.

2nd hand car mate lmao

Clio it might be they sell well or i sell remember the papa advert which clearly had a very large impact on my life.

Past glories...Fastest sellers,most profitable and least comebacks,going back a long time,I can think of a lot of ordinary stuff great sellers which most of you will have never heard of.To give you an idea,in the mid 90’s we were knocking out 3/4 year old  ex police Peugeot 309 diesel patrol cars for £3250.Does not sound much,except we were buying them for £2k,doing 30 per month and 75% of them were attracting prime  full chucky with  £500 commission.......However,by far the best seller I can recall,no body believes me.....Reliant Regal 3 wheelers,they were gold dust,attracted queues of punters with motor cycle licences who kept failing their driving test but were qualified to drive 3 wheelers..!

13 minutes ago, trade vet said:

Past glories...Fastest sellers,most profitable and least comebacks,going back a long time,I can think of a lot of ordinary stuff great sellers which most of you will have never heard of.To give you an idea,in the mid 90’s we were knocking out 3/4 year old  ex police Peugeot 309 diesel patrol cars for £3250.Does not sound much,except we were buying them for £2k,doing 30 per month and 75% of them were attracting prime  full chucky with  £500 commission.......However,by far the best seller I can recall,no body believes me.....Reliant Regal 3 wheelers,they were gold dust,attracted queues of punters with motor cycle licences who kept failing their driving test but were qualified to drive 3 wheelers..!

When I first opened my pitch in 2003 - I noticed a Reliant 3 wheeler going through my local auction and tried to buy it as an attention grabbing POS - I didn't but mainly because I couldn't afford it - can't remember how much it made but it was a lot.

3 door cars in black. Clios, Corsas, Fiestas, doesnt seem to matter how rough they are, theres always some kid wants to buy it. Normally see them a few months later too after theyve rolled it or put into a tree

10 minutes ago, Matt Reid said:

3 door cars in black. Clios, Corsas, Fiestas, doesnt seem to matter how rough they are, theres always some kid wants to buy it. Normally see them a few months later too after theyve rolled it or put into a tree

I agree,what about older 3 dr Rav’s and Vitara’s,you can get top money for them and they appear to be getting dearer.

22 hours ago, Grantlfc81 said:

Hi Grant

I agree they do sell well, however we struggle to extract a profit after they have been prepped. They all seem to want 3 bottom arms, discs and pads all round (plus at least one frozen caliper), an oil leak and EML/ESP/ABS light ..... etc... 

Customers usually request that they have had their second timing belt? 

If we had 50, i don't think we could get them all prepped in a month.

However our local Eurocarparts wishes we had more.

Mazda 3 on a 06 - 12 plate. No idea why but they just sell like hotcakes around here. 

Cars I can't get enough of...retailable part exchanges. Don't care what it is if it's the right money.

5 hours ago, justina3 said:

Clio it might be they sell well or i sell remember the papa advert which clearly had a very large impact on my life.

Had a few Clio’s but never done well with them. Some dealers rave about them others don’t. Always seam to fetch top money at the block around here but not for me.

3 hours ago, Lakeside said:

Had a few Clio’s but never done well with them. Some dealers rave about them others don’t. Always seam to fetch top money at the block around here but not for me.

They sell really well but I struggle to make a decent profit out of them by the time you have put through an M.O.T and prepped them.

Here in rural Norfolk, i sell either small economical cars or a few 4 wheel drives.

Nissan X-Trail 2.2 DCi fly off the front. I buy direct from a Nissan main agent and do well from Notes and Micras.

French diesels are still my favourite.

Back in the day, I'd walk 500 miles and 500 more to buy a Renault Espace and did very well on MG ZR's. I'd imagine it I went back through my stock book I've probably bought more ZR's than anything else. Huge shame the new ones look now look a 7 pinter, when your sober.