Hi  My Glass's guide sub is up soon and at £720 its worth having a think about. CAP seems to be the industry standard now, how do you go about it with CAP. Most buying sites seem to include a CAP valuation these days so probably only need a handful a month.

Just use experian/HPI or can you just pay for what you need

What does everyone else do?

Thanks

Jon

No longer use either, nothing in auctions brings cap and i rely on the internet for guides as to selling prices in my local area, I found the book was massively off when it came to selling prices, a quick google gives me a far better price guide. 

I think the only time it comes in handy is when your buying up in the value stuff and you have to price extras ect adjust for mileage, a 3k Clio is always going to be a 3K Clio.

• Like 4

Don't get involved in HPi - CAP...

The termination period is 12 months! 

On any price increases you still have to pay the price increase even if you cancel! 

Such a shoddy company now!  

I use my head & advertised prices (courtesy of the internet). 

They’re as much use as a punter waving a Parker’s Guide in my face. Surely they only exist to assist the ‘suits & pointy shoes brigade’ main dealers valuing p/xs?

• Like 2

this is kind of what I thought, worse case is stick it through WBAC and see what they offer. I use RAC data checks as they were 50p cheaper than experian and can get a valuation with those anyway.

Maybe with out the book I won't get so stressed about cars making a grand over it all the freaking time

I binned CAP off last year. 

It never really worked for most of the stuff we buy so now I just use Ford Connect for the run of the mill stock.

I use neither too. 

You can just do what the punters do for FREE on the 'value my car' bit on Autotrader and google 'free hpi valuations' and there's also a free one there. We Buy Any Car also takes two seconds if you want a low CAP price (but use an old email address for all of these as you get a few follow up emails trying to get you to sell.)

• Like 2

I stopped buying CAP when the auction houses started printing the prices in the catalogues.

I never found CAP/Glasses retail pricing very 'realistic' in the first place, I still don't.

• Like 1

Cap prices are on all auction catalogues and some auction websites eg A4C, so no real need to pay for either IMO. I use autotrader valuations as a guideline, but most of these values are only a guess anyway - I'd not bother spending the subscription money myself.

• Like 2

Just now, tradex said:

I can't remember I saw anyone whip out a Glasses at auction....just realised this though? 

Do they still even do the printed copy?

Just now, tradex said:

Good point:D

I suppose it's an app now is it?

CAP used to be the bible but lost the plot years ago, I've never used Glasses, there are so many more accurate ways of pricing out there than those 2 dinosaurs, half of them free

On 3/7/2018 at 9:40 AM, Earunder said:

Don't get involved in HPi - CAP...

The termination period is 12 months! 

On any price increases you still have to pay the price increase even if you cancel! 

Such a shoddy company now!  

I want to get rid of this company wonder what would happen if I just cancel my direct debit. Probably invoice me instead but I never signed anything saying I agree to this 12 months contract. :angry:

10 hours ago, Tom said:

I want to get rid of this company wonder what would happen if I just cancel my direct debit. Probably invoice me instead but I never signed anything saying I agree to this 12 months contract. :angry:

I gave my 12 month notice November 2016 as I was not using it to make it worth while. So I asked my account manager to put me on the cheapest monthly payment of £7 subsription and just do PAYG on any checks I did.

Anyhow Decembers invoice shows up and its at the normal price! So I emailed her again and reminded her of the previous conversation. I got an apology and a promise it would be sorted and the excess I paid would be credited.. January came and its still at the full price!!  Emailed again had the same conversion 1000 apologies and some more promises etc  etc

Feb comes and guess what... You know the answer. So I side stepped the useless cunt and went to accounts. Spoke to a couple of people and finally got it sorted.

March comes ... Still being invoiced incorrectly .. WTF is wrong with these people. So emailed and in no uncertain terms told them that until they invoice me correctly then I will not be paying.. Its now March 2018 and I am STILL being invoiced incorrectly. I have not paid them since Dec 2016 I have had a statement of account back in December 2017 I emailed them to remind them why I was not paying. I have not heard anything from them. My logins still work but I dont use it.

If they pursue it I have plenty of ammo but till then they can swivel 

On 07/03/2018 at 11:28 AM, Arfur Dealy said:

What happened to this? I’ve just tried it and the site appears to be blocked.

To be fair it was an excellent resource to have on the phone to give a guide to a punter’s car that’s was of your normal type sold.

Yeah. I noticed the same. Still..  all good things and all that. 

Theres a free Hpi one but you’ve gotta input a few more details. 

17 minutes ago, BHM said:

What happened to this? I’ve just tried it and the site appears to be blocked.

To be fair it was an excellent resource to have on the phone to give a guide to a punter’s car that’s was of your normal type sold.

Yeah, its saying "unauthorised access"...... Oh well...never mind :)