Sign in to follow this  
grant8064

Strange Part Ex's

February has left me cold and miserable so cheer me up with your strangest part ex's

We're taking in a ' Mitsubishi i ' this week.

Now I had never heard of one before but it's a 2008 650cc petrol automatic version of one of those Peugeot/Mitsi electric things on a 56 plate.

52 minutes ago, grant8064 said:

February has left me cold and miserable so cheer me up with your strangest part ex's

Now I had never heard of one before but it's a 2008 650cc petrol automatic version of one of those Peugeot/Mitsi electric things on a 56 plate.

Aixam crossline, its utter filth of the highest order... or is that the lowest order not sure.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dan W said:

Aixam crossline, its utter filth of the highest order... or is that the lowest order not sure.

Hahaha fantastic. Is that one of the ones French drink drivers can use when their license is revoked or is it too powerful?

13 minutes ago, grant8064 said:

Hahaha fantastic. Is that one of the ones French drink drivers can use when their license is revoked or is it too powerful?

yes, we have an old boy who is always up and down our road in it looking at stock.

Eventually got talking to him and he has bought a car so we kicked him quite hard in the gonads for it.... even rang the only aimax dealer in the uk I believe and they basically told us nope we don't want it haha.

Not sure about P/ex's as they've all been pretty good. Juke, Corsa and Polo.

BUT I was very bored last Thursday and ended up getting a MITSUBISHI SHOGUN 32 DI-D EQUIPPE AUTOMATIC with 100k on the clock from Enfield... I don't know why to be honest but I've still got a smile on my face, even though the rest of the team are pretty gob smacked and say "you won't shift that!"

the good thing is of course that if you cant sell the axiam as a car you can always take the engine out and use it on your cement miixer

Strange P/X’s.cant think of any except......"HMRC had requested an interview with me and my accountant.I had no idea why,so we meet this inspector in his office.So after the intros,this guy says have you done any deals involving boats and watches.I just laughed,but he was serious,he said you have to tell me.I think I said no and how do you take a boat in p/x,how would we write it on the invoice,how do you HPI a boat etc.He said you must answer correctly,so I said OK yes I did have a sailing boat but I was only 4 year old at the time.His face was blank,I realised then this was an awfull bloke.He then said what about watches,again I said no,how would you record those  etc.I showed him the crap watch I was wearing and said how many gallons do you think I bought to get that......happy days.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Earunder said:

Not sure about P/ex's as they've all been pretty good. Juke, Corsa and Polo.

BUT I was very bored last Thursday and ended up getting a MITSUBISHI SHOGUN 32 DI-D EQUIPPE AUTOMATIC with 100k on the clock from Enfield... I don't know why to be honest but I've still got a smile on my face, even though the rest of the team are pretty gob smacked and say "you won't shift that!"

I bet you will shift that - pretty sharpish!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mojo121 said:

I bet you will shift that - pretty sharpish!

Fingers Crossed! Just getting the rear bumper painted up as it had a quite noticeable scratch down it (I'm going all out on this baby HaHa!) then we're in business to advertise it!

Kids these days don't appreciate some of the cars that are good old gems, they're all smiles and overjoyed when they see 63,64,65 plate mercs, bmws, audi's etc turn up, but a little Shogun gem, decent nic, they have no interest.  Still getting ribbed about it.  We'll see who laughs last :D  (PS - Please be me! :D

49 minutes ago, Earunder said:

Fingers Crossed! Just getting the rear bumper painted up as it had a quite noticeable scratch down it (I'm going all out on this baby HaHa!) then we're in business to advertise it!

Kids these days don't appreciate some of the cars that are good old gems, they're all smiles and overjoyed when they see 63,64,65 plate mercs, bmws, audi's etc turn up, but a little Shogun gem, decent nic, they have no interest.  Still getting ribbed about it.  We'll see who laughs last :D  (PS - Please be me! :D

I have not been to Enfield for years,we bought a good few there pre on line buying.I think they had a section called London Direct,it was full of what looked like dodgy trade entries.If you bought this Shogun out of the trade section ( which I doubt ), you are a brave man.I see they have a Tesla swapper section,I would think that could be interesting.

20 minutes ago, trade vet said:

I have not been to Enfield for years,we bought a good few there pre on line buying.I think they had a section called London Direct,it was full of what looked like dodgy trade entries.If you bought this Shogun out of the trade section ( which I doubt ), you are a brave man.I see they have a Tesla swapper section,I would think that could be interesting.

Haha lol oh hell no!  It was from Merc Retail Group.  Old Shoguns are always a risk factor with difs, oil leaks etc but this ones pretty good for an old girl with 100k barring the rear bumper scratch.

Still have the dodgy trader section, although I can't moan as I use that to send my crappy part ex's haha.  Saturdays are like gold mines :D  Always even ourselves out from our clearance Part Ex's, I'd recommend it.

2 kayaks taken in against an Avenger, back in gas street lamp days, am I showing how long I have been around this trade, 47 years if anyone is interested.

• Like 2

Took a m/cycle in p/ex, bloke just wanted to walk away from motorcycling altogether, so he threw the helmet in as well, i didnt show much interest in bike, maybe £300 allowed, cant remember, there was plenty profit in car, and sure bike was worth easy £350 in THE magazine of the time .

bloke turns up, kicks tyres, we had a chat,

me = i took it in swap, you know your way round bikes, have a look, there if you want it, do what you want, as i say, took in swap, bloke walked away from it, even left his skid lid.:)

punter = i shall have it, heres your money, where do i sign, and where's helmet ?

me = helmets not advertised mate, bike is, youve bought bike...

punter = best give me money back then ! ive come here in a taxi, and i was going to ride it back home :huh:

me = what if helmet doesnt fit though matey? and how did you intend to get  it back when helmets only just been mentioned ?

look, just take the bloody helmet, and stop interrupting me, now where was i ? oh yes,  20 40 60 80 :D

5 hours ago, Screenman said:

2 kayaks taken in against an Avenger, back in gas street lamp days, am I showing how long I have been around this trade, 47 years if anyone is interested.

I have 3years on you,I remember electric blue Avengers.If the millenials on here new what the trade was like back then,they would not believe us

Hahaha Avengers, cheap cars for the greedy back in the day - or at least that’s my recollection of them as the local corner shop owner had a few & he was as greedy as greedy can be - if the “quarter of midget gems” was fractionally over on the scales he’d take them out of the bag individually.

Anyhow one night his crappy Avenger failed to start (this seemed a regular occurrence in the cold weather but it didn’t deter him - I think he had at least 3 of Hillman’s/Chrysler’s finest). So our greedy shop owner flagged down a neighbour who tethered a rope onto the Avenger’s chrome bumper. Inevitably the bumper was ripped off the car and the old Avenger was left standing - it was like a scene from a Benny Hill sketch but without the scantily clad women.

Then greedy old b*****d got us kids to push start him with the cry of “Thanks, I’ll give you a few sweets” as he drove away. I’m still bloody waiting for my sweets!!!!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BHM said:

Hahaha Avengers, cheap cars for the greedy back in the day - or at least that’s my recollection of them as the local corner shop owner had a few & he was as greedy as greedy can be - if the “quarter of midget gems” was fractionally over on the scales he’d take them out of the bag individually.

Anyhow one night his crappy Avenger failed to start (this seemed a regular occurrence in the cold weather but it didn’t deter him - I think he had at least 3 of Hillman’s/Chrysler’s finest). So our greedy shop owner flagged down a neighbour who tethered a rope onto the Avenger’s chrome bumper. Inevitably the bumper was ripped off the car and the old Avenger was left standing - it was like a scene from a Benny Hill sketch but without the scantily clad women.

Then greedy old b*****d got us kids to push start him with the cry of “Thanks, I’ll give you a few sweets” as he drove away. I’m still bloody waiting for my sweets!!!!!!

Keep them coming !

not my p/x but a long standing customer bought a car off me and it was easier to tell them where to drive their old car to the weigh bridge,that way i had no hassle and no extra paperwork for a proper end of life car

they told me they had been woken up in the middle of the night by the police because their car had done a robbery

turns out one of the workers went home in it that night

so my tip is if you drive anything to your end of life centre leave their property with the keys still in your pocket

its tough out there and getting worse

trust no one

The strangest request was a PlayStation and flat screen TV!!

The strangest actual car was a Suzuki X90 - soft top, 2 seat small 4x4 looking thing. Just horrible. 

The biggest cock up was a Ford camper van. Rang a big local camper place and gave them all the details, checked for leaks and damp patches where they told me and they gave me a bid. Hit the guy with it and he snapped my hand off. A week later camper people came, showed them the thing and they fell about laughing. The guy had apparently bought the worst cheap camper and stuck the most expensive, best stickers on it!!! Oops

Only last year I was offered a couple of grand in postage stamps as a swap for a car.

I did post a screen shot of the message on the forum.  It still makes me laugh. 

11 hours ago, James Bush said:

The strangest request was a PlayStation and flat screen TV!!

The strangest actual car was a Suzuki X90 - soft top, 2 seat small 4x4 looking thing. Just horrible. 

The biggest cock up was a Ford camper van. Rang a big local camper place and gave them all the details, checked for leaks and damp patches where they told me and they gave me a bid. Hit the guy with it and he snapped my hand off. A week later camper people came, showed them the thing and they fell about laughing. The guy had apparently bought the worst cheap camper and stuck the most expensive, best stickers on it!!! Oops

“Ouch”

On 28 February 2018 at 11:35 AM, Earunder said:

Haha lol oh hell no!  It was from Merc Retail Group.  Old Shoguns are always a risk factor with difs, oil leaks etc but this ones pretty good for an old girl with 100k barring the rear bumper scratch.

The injection pumps on those are a 'ticking time bomb'

• Like 1

On 27/02/2018 at 3:19 PM, grant8064 said:

I'm two days into running it and I have to say it's bloody good fun! Nippy, handles as well as any other small car and has already got a few favourable comments...thinking of sign writing the thing up and using it as a run about