Sign in to follow this  
grant8064

Strange Part Ex's

18 hours ago, have a word with the wife said:

run on cooking oil perhaps ? everyone i know who ran one of these could peel a orange in there pocket :unsure:

The old shoguns would run on anything but the mk3 are fragile in comparison. The pumps cant be rebuilt, they can go at any time. Its their achilees  heel and will write off a car. Rear camber (bolts sieze and usually explains new cheapo tyres on the rear) and chain tensioner is an issue too. I love those old shoguns. Ive had a few over the years, still in the club! Lol 

Edited by met

I took a F150 in PX last year, horrible LHD tank thingy pickup....Anyways, the phone was on fire, it sold immediately with a big profit, but I still wonder now if I undersold it or if there was something rare about it's specific model type.... 

a fiesta mk2 with a 2.0 L pinto in it

i took it for a test drive and it spun its wheels in every gear 

it was wicked but obviously built by a farmer type looking at the pig shit welding

i sold it but cant remember to whom

hahaha - reminds me of that Cadburys advert with the little girl emptying her pockets to buy a block of chocolate for her mum, An ex cricket club greenskeeper once tried to part ex a motorised roller many many years ago.

On 03/03/2018 at 2:57 PM, grant8064 said:

I'm two days into running it and I have to say it's bloody good fun! Nippy, handles as well as any other small car and has already got a few favourable comments...thinking of sign writing the thing up and using it as a run about

Watch out you'll catch the bug, I did exactly the same thing as you and ended up keeping one for 10yrs. It lasted longer than my last marriage. Drove everywhere in it, unstoppable. Tow anything. Fetch a washing machine back from Makro and still get five people in it.

Fuel consumption gets tiring though

1 hour ago, met said:

Watch out you'll catch the bug, I did exactly the same thing as you and ended up keeping one for 10yrs. It lasted longer than my last marriage. Drove everywhere in it, unstoppable. Tow anything. Fetch a washing machine back from Makro and still get five people in it.

Fuel consumption gets tiring though

I know...it's such good fun.

I keep toying with the idea of buying a new motor that I actually want/need but i've realised that a) i'm worse than a punter because what I want doesn't exist within 20 miles of my home and b ) I bloody hate buying cars

• Like 1

I'm on a roll...

So in addition to the Mitsubishi i (pre electric model) I have now acquired a 2000 Hyundai XG 30 3.0 V6 - Never ever seen or heard of them before. It's a complete saloon eyesore with missing lacquer everywhere but the interior is impeccable. Thick proper leather, lovely switches, it genuinely makes a similar vintage S class feel poverty spec. 

It's a really interesting bit of kit. I really felt like back in 2000 Hyundai were still doing stuff like the angular Accent that looked a bit like the Pony so maybe they used it as a status symbol to promote the brand. Must have made a massive loss on each one because the build quality is really really good. It's a proper car. Feels bullet proof. 

Anyway, I'm sure the banger boys will love all two and a half tons of it for £100

5 minutes ago, tradex said:

Nice old things those, had a few back in their day, silly cheap at auction but always found a home and never came back....rare as now....a card carrying classic sir:P

That's the thing...I do kind of need a car. I could reverse into supermarket bollards with carefree abandon in this old tub

• Like 1

Just now, tradex said:

Metallic Purple or Blue;)

....ya gonna say silver now:D

Metallic doom blue with tan leather. I'm amazed by the leather...i've got too used to that cheap modern stuff but this is real proper thick stuff, I could make a fair few belts out of the back seat

38 minutes ago, tradex said:

I'd put money (not a lot!) on there being less left than F40 fezzas:D

Not a lot!?!! I’d put my f***ing house on it! :lol:

3 minutes ago, BHM said:

Not a lot!?!! I’d put my f***ing house on it! :lol:

43 minutes ago, tradex said:

Lovely soft 'n wafty ride as I remember....and where would you see another.

I'd put money (not a lot!) on there being less left than F40 fezzas:D

I couldn't help myself. As of Q3 2017 there are 45 running about our UK roads. A rare barge indeed.