Grantlfc81

Auction prices.

1 hour ago, RH Trading said:

which auction are you going to  Grant?

I used to do the rounds at BCA -  Derby, Nottingham and Perry Bar, noticed a big difference in prices just between these 3 sites, Friend of mine regularly flew up to Glasgow (met by a BCA coach at the airport) he used to swear by buying cars there and shipping them to his place in Wolverhampton but he hasn't done this for past 6 months saying prices are just as crazy in Scotland now

Yep, it certainly was a Golden Goose up there but since SMA disappeared it's sadly stopped laying. Used to be able to nick them from Shotts, Intercity and  Morris Leslie but sadly no more, better to have loved and lost I suppose....

1 hour ago, sparky said:

Yep, it certainly was a Golden Goose up there but since SMA disappeared it's sadly stopped laying. Used to be able to nick them from Shotts, Intercity and  Morris Leslie but sadly no more, better to have loved and lost I suppose....

Shotts,it is cold there in August,used to go when it opened long ago,nice people to deal with.Most of the trade entries needed paintwork and no mileage’s were warranted .You could get some good stuff there.

Chelmsford and Colchester.

i picked up a lovely mini hatch park lane limited edition 2006 - 1.6 petrol manual today. Only 71k miles off of Facebook for £2k... what a steal. Drives fantastic, Would of gone for £2600+ plus fees at the auction... and you couldn’t test drive it either! No profit left in the chassis

Auctions are not the place to be buying at present.

Bca measham today, again waste of time. Highlights of the day for me was seeing a Mini Clubman with a Cap clean of £4400 fetch £5500 and a 57 plate Astra with 120k fetch £1400. Cap clean was under a grand and it wasn’t even clean.

I suggest you start looking at all avenues. Bought a nice 10 plate mini diesel on raw2k Monday. 61k on the clock diesel for £3k! Amazing. Oil change, valet and MOT and safety check and off you got for £5500

Seriously WTF BCA

12 plate with 57k LAND ROVER R/R EVOQUE 2.2 SD4 DYNAMIC 4WD

CAP £ 18,900

MADE 20,600 plus fees... Only retails at £21,500!?!?!?!

This morning has not been a good one!  Not one single car bought so far this week!

MOAN and RANT over...

On a side and positive note.  The weathers rubbish

Last week at Washington, 60 plate Subaru Impreza hatchback with the desirable (ahem!) diesel engine. CAP average 3.6K, clean 3.9K, it made £5K on the hammer. Bonkers. Personally I wouldn’t want it :blink:

I remember picking up from Bedford and there was a Legacy Diesel (and not old at the time neither) crawling around the yard knocking

The seems to be turning, bought a couple of nice cars at Chelmsford today. 

Expected nothing but rubbish but a few diamonds In the rough today.

I have a 2010  Mercedes C220 cdi 130k Blue efficiency estate that cost  £3100 from punter mint condition hpi clear hello £5750 still cheapest on he Web that's not on the register :D.

Edited by Ek cars

9 hours ago, Ek cars said:

I have a 2010  Mercedes C220 cdi 130k Blue efficiency estate that cost  £3100 from punter mint condition hpi clear hello £5750 still cheapest on he Web that's not on the register :D.

From a private punter........you may have committed theft !

1 hour ago, trade vet said:

From a private punter........you may have committed theft !

Yes, but we haven’t seen the state of it. Every week in this game you see “cheap” cars, unfortunately usually for a reason.

When are these price rises going to be picked up by the price guides?

2 hours ago, BHM said:

Yes, but we haven’t seen the state of it. Every week in this game you see “cheap” cars, unfortunately usually for a reason.

Very clean and original all motorway mileage and lovely condition paint with no poor previous

2 hours ago, met said:

Because they can't all be selling.  It is known for Auction Houses to stock pile the cars for a few weeks to keep the prices up.
Don't forget there have been some major franchised dealers that have joined the used car market since November and more are joining.  A lot of the sales at ludicrous prices are "probably" to these franchises, which is fine by me, they'll lose money and be out of this industry quicker than 6 months.

2 hours ago, met said:

Good point,I have just read something from some Glasses top guy Jason Whitingham,according to him,prices were’ subdued ‘in January ! and now are picking up Who employs these guys ?

Well another complete waste of a day. Whoever said prices would soften and get back to something like normal, I'll have a pint of what they are on. All we can hope for (and I'n not holding my breath) is that the new reg plate in March brings some sanity to proceedings. Utter madness.

Midlands prices had seam to come down a bit this week until today. Just watched the ex police sale at BCA Wolverhampton. What a Joke! Who wants a ragged to death ex police panda car at well over cap clean?

I was at Manheim Colchester last night. It's not so much the prices were high but the cars were so awful. You'd have to be an expert to thoroughly and comprehensively f**k a car to the extent that a combination of broken bodywork/mechanicals and no MOT/service history left no saleable feature:D

1 hour ago, Lakeside said:

Midlands prices had seam to come down a bit this week until today. Just watched the ex police sale at BCA Wolverhampton. What a Joke! Who wants a ragged to death ex police panda car at well over cap clean?

That’s interesting.If decommissioned white ex patrol cars with most of the dashboard missing were doing over CAP,now that is a first. However,civilian spec stuff,especially from Thames Valley Force ( which is possible) have always done a fortune.

2 hours ago, Lakeside said:

If you want a laugh have a look at the Network Rail stuff going through Birmingham on Monday.

I did buy an ex met police civilian spec car last week though, clean as whistle with 55k. Bit of a result as the 55k was actually in km. I love it when this happens on the french stuff.

50 minutes ago, sparky said:

If you want a laugh have a look at the Network Rail stuff going through Birmingham on Monday.

I did buy an ex met police civilian spec car last week though, clean as whistle with 55k. Bit of a result as the 55k was actually in km. I love it when this happens on the french stuff.

I am guessing.Citroen out of WOMA !

Managed to get 3 this morning and all with the margins we aim for.

Can't believe it.

In the last week sat on BCA online and 2 cars I have been interested in that cap clean at 22k first bids through are £2k over book. 

First bids..... these dicks are not helping themselves are they.