Sign in to follow this  
RH Trading

Findandfundyourcar.com

Anyone having any luck with these guys? I've seen the TV ad and hoping it starts to pick up. My Motornovo rep is great and got me to trial it in December started January but just found out I'm tied into 12 months. hope it starts to pick up, £300 a month is a bit steep and not had a bite as yet. I give most sites a chance for a few months to gauge response but didn't know I couldn't cancel if it didn't work (should have checked it I hear you say)

I'm not clued up on this at all... how does it work exactly? does a customer enquiry go to MotoNovo and if they get approved come to you as a interested customer with a approval in place ? 

I know they started doing rate for risk but what happens with really sub prime enquires ?   do they still tell you about the customer and you try and place it or do they pass it on to a broker ? 

Nope, new product from MotoNovo.  Not something I'd go into as it's too new and there are lots of these finance sites about.  Especially now on FaceBook.

37 minutes ago, RH Trading said:

Anyone having any luck with these guys? I've seen the TV ad and hoping it starts to pick up. My Motornovo rep is great and got me to trial it in December started January but just found out I'm tied into 12 months. hope it starts to pick up, £300 a month is a bit steep and not had a bite as yet. I give most sites a chance for a few months to gauge response but didn't know I couldn't cancel if it didn't work (should have checked it I hear you say)

Im pretty sure  we are not tied in and I intend to give it 3 months if no joy sack it off.

Same here. Motonovo are great and I’m happy to support it for a bit.  Anything to help put more nails in Autotrader’s coffin. 

I know the Find and Fund campaign is very well funded.  70 mill or something from memory.  

I too think 300 a month is steep though. Hopefully it will start paying for itself. 

Have had a couple of enquiries from it is all so far. No sales. Early days. 

1 hour ago, Tadams said:

I'm not clued up on this at all... how does it work exactly? does a customer enquiry go to MotoNovo and if they get approved come to you as a interested customer with a approval in place ? 

I know they started doing rate for risk but what happens with really sub prime enquires ?   do they still tell you about the customer and you try and place it or do they pass it on to a broker ? 

You get all the leads. Can repropose up to whoever if it’s a decline. 

Not had a whisper from these guys as yet, and great news is I found out I'm not tied in. will give it to March, £360 out of pocket so far

Looks like another BS platform like CarWow to be honest.

Edited by twerp

The one thing that annoys the living daylights out of me (politely put) is they come up with these platforms, have no sodding audience yet, need our cars desperately yet ask us to pay to be on them.  Whoever comes up with these gimmicks is in lala land.

In actual fact, I'll come up with a platform, you guys can advertise for free forever and we'll go take the market by storm.

Will take a while to permiate I’m sure, but I’m now already thinking the 300 a month is far too much as it certainly isn’t performing for me so far  

They will have to reduce it considerably to keep us all on board. 

I really want it to it to work it, but like Motors did, I think they need to rethink the pricing sharpish. 

Sounds more like Find and Fund My Business to me. How many of these types of websites are there now? It’s like that car wash one Autovolo that we were told was the next big thing are they still going? Think I will swerve this one as well unless of course it proves a success but won’t hold my breath. 

Wake up & smell the coffee. It’s not worth a wank.

3 hours ago, Earunder said:

The one thing that annoys the living daylights out of me (politely put) is they come up with these platforms, have no sodding audience yet, need our cars desperately yet ask us to pay to be on them. 

This was my main reason for not allowing my business partner to agree to it. No audience and need stock so it should be free for six months whilst they build the brand IMO.

Unfortunately it's too late to have a real impact IMO...CF247 have stolen the ground on customers sorting the finance themselves rather than being led by the dealer. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, grant8064 said:

This was my main reason for not allowing my business partner to agree to it. No audience and need stock so it should be free for six months whilst they build the brand IMO.

Unfortunately it's too late to have a real impact IMO...CF247 have stolen the ground on customers sorting the finance themselves rather than being led by the dealer. 

We don't do a huge amount with them after we heard stories of them charging dealers up to £280 for the privilege of selling their own cars... we know a few dealers that just send 24/7 customer referrals elsewhere so rather than paying 24/7 they get paid a referral fee instead haha :P 

2 hours ago, Tadams said:

We don't do a huge amount with them after we heard stories of them charging dealers up to £280 for the privilege of selling their own cars... we know a few dealers that just send 24/7 customer referrals elsewhere so rather than paying 24/7 they get paid a referral fee instead haha :P 

£280 sounds a bit strong but i guess it varies from dealer to dealer...ours is nowhere near that. Their customers, whilst very very sub prime, aren't usually too bad and they're great for shifting overage stock onto.

39 minutes ago, grant8064 said:

£280 sounds a bit strong but i guess it varies from dealer to dealer...ours is nowhere near that. Their customers, whilst very very sub prime, aren't usually too bad and they're great for shifting overage stock onto.

So do they actually charge you for selling your own car ? how bizarre... surely they make enough from the lenders they broker for rather than taking from a dealer pocket too ?  We work with another broker (like 24/7 but been around alot longer i think but same business model and a funny name)  and we get quite a few prime/sub prime customers every month and don't pay a penny for them. 

10 minutes ago, Tadams said:

So do they actually charge you for selling your own car ? how bizarre... surely they make enough from the lenders they broker for rather than taking from a dealer pocket too ?  We work with another broker (like 24/7 but been around alot longer i think but same business model and a funny name)  and we get quite a few prime/sub prime customers every month and don't pay a penny for them. 

If the client finds the car themselves then yes they charge, if you refer the customer then no charge as you'd expect. We have a document fee we charge for the ones where they apply a charge so it cancels itself out. Not ideal but they get acceptances for people we simply can't place ANYWHERE and hoover up some of the very overage stock.

37 minutes ago, grant8064 said:

If the client finds the car themselves then yes they charge, if you refer the customer then no charge as you'd expect. We have a document fee we charge for the ones where they apply a charge so it cancels itself out. Not ideal but they get acceptances for people we simply can't place ANYWHERE and hoover up some of the very overage stock.

I'd just be mindful of the admin fee, it was covered in another post that if you charge an admin fee to one then you have to charge it all (TCF) and all that jazz as the FCA say technically you are penalising the customer for taking out finance with someone else.  

Like i say with Zuto we prop to them and they pay us a commistion regardless if the customer buys the car from us or another dealer and as thanks to us propping to them they send us pre approved customer at no cost. 

1 hour ago, grant8064 said:

Since when have ‘chucky duffers’ been refered to as clients.There is a dedicated chucky duffer pitch near us and they appear to have plenty of ‘clients’.You see them often standing outside,they seem travel together ’enmasse’ ,some of them look like they should not be allowed out.You must have to employ ex social workers on sales.The job is hard enough ......

13 minutes ago, trade vet said:

Since when have ‘chucky duffers’ been refered to as clients.There is a dedicated chucky duffer pitch near us and they appear to have plenty of ‘clients’.You see them often standing outside,they seem travel together ’enmasse’ ,some of them look like they should not be allowed out.You must have to employ ex social workers on sales.The job is hard enough ......

I find the CF247 ones much better than most of ours that walk through the door tbh...I think a lot of it has to do with how much interaction you have with them. Most of the 247 ones we only meet for a quick test drive and quick handover, The ones through the door drive me mad...it all takes far too long and I usually miss a few walk ons dealing with them only for it to come back declined anyway.

1 hour ago, Tadams said:

I'd just be mindful of the admin fee, it was covered in another post that if you charge an admin fee to one then you have to charge it all (TCF) and all that jazz as the FCA say technically you are penalising the customer for taking out finance with someone else.  

Like i say with Zuto we prop to them and they pay us a commistion regardless if the customer buys the car from us or another dealer and as thanks to us propping to them they send us pre approved customer at no cost. 

Yer thanks for the heads up...I don't think we have actually done a doc fee yet, they've all been easy deals. But we were going to implement it for those outside finance companies, something we'll have to think again about in that case.

With Cf24/7

If they view the car first we try and place them elsewhere.

Had one a couple of weeks ago. Got her placed straight away at 11% Apr. Cf24/7 wanted 32%! Saved her £1500. Earned £340 for myself.

Most just sign first then turn up and drive away. Their standard charge is £150 + Vat. I have got it down to £100. If it’s a prime bit of stock then I just tell them I haven’t go anything in it for them.

Its a great business model. Earn at both ends. But at the end of the day we don’t have to use them.

Edited by David Ayers

Cancellation now gone in for findandfundmycar, looks like another disappointing wannabe promising the earth and delivering buttons. Have to give 30 days notice - zero calls or enquiries, don't get sucked into their spin as its a complete waste of time. total cost to me will be over £1000 by the end of it - lesson learned but they should put their money where their mouth is and give it free to their Motornovo clients until they'd built up an audience - £7 a car is very expensive