Sign in to follow this  
SuperLease

Gumtree / EBay deal

We pay 300 a month for ebay motors pro for 70 plus cars. Think you can have up to a hundred. You can pay less for less cars.

That doesn’t include Gumtree however I don’t know if it now will and I’m not bothered if it doesn’t / I won’t be paying more for Gumtree .

We get a very good response from eBay motors pro. 

I am on E-Bay motors pro, think its about  £230+VAT  for 50 cars, I get results and not just pondlife, I used to think it was just for cheap stuff but this month I have done a £23k XKR and a £26k Range rover, but I wouldn't want to pay anymore to list on gum tree, they have rung me many times over the years and I have declined so I hope its not something e-bay are going to push on us.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, andymc1973 said:

is gumtree still like the wildwest?

i would say 80% of folk on here think so 

5 hours ago, andymc1973 said:

90per cent of the calls I've had of scum tree before I cant understand them on phone lol and the txt are just ridiculous like a 3 year old wrote it lol

On 29/01/2018 at 4:38 PM, andymc1973 said:

More like the wild wild west now! 

• Like 1

I've made an enquiry about advertising on Gumtree / Ebay, Asked about 10 car package and have been quoted this as a "special deal"

10 car "PLUS" package but I'll get 13,

£398 +vat a month, Sign up for 12 months and its £350+vat, Sign up for 18 months and its £320+vat.

Judging from some of the comments on here this deal isn't that special?

1 hour ago, Frankieola said:

I've made an enquiry about advertising on Gumtree / Ebay, Asked about 10 car package and have been quoted this as a "special deal"

10 car "PLUS" package but I'll get 13,

£398 +vat a month, Sign up for 12 months and its £350+vat, Sign up for 18 months and its £320+vat.

Judging from some of the comments on here this deal isn't that special?

Yet a private seller could put ten classified ads on eBay for £140 a month? What so special about motorspro to be more than double the price?

Different strokes for different folks but i’ve found eBay to be useless for me so far. 

As for the difference between eBay MP and a bog standard as;

your photos are embedded in the advert. 

You get a “showroom” which looks more profesh

you can have a link to your website on there

you create one listing and it gets uploaded to gumtree as well as ebay

There are various other little bits and pieces but i’ve found it performs dreadfully compared to AT. 

Ebay have nowhere near the hits thag Gumtree have and Gumtree is a magnet for fucktards. Great for advertising crap at crap prices but not the place for a nice bit of clean stock. In other words, eBay gets less hits than the place that you don’t want hits from. 

No doubt others are doing well from EBay but I can’t see me resubscribing. £398+ vat per month just isn’t returning the leads. 

Good luck to those that are doing well from it. 

1 hour ago, Lakeside said:

Yet a private seller could put ten classified ads on eBay for £140 a month? What so special about motorspro to be more than double the price?

He wouldn’t be a private seller with that many listings. 

40 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

theres a johny foreigner i know who sells lots of car from his private ebay account,i just assume the people buying are as big a scally as he is so they all deserve each other

2 hours ago, Arfur Dealy said:

Well I probably worded that a bit wrong, I meant anyone, including me, that doesn’t sell/stock enough on a monthly basis to warrant paying £400 a month for Pro could list the same amount of cars on classified for a lot less.

I was just curious as to what benefits the extra cost involved.

things is with ebay :unsure: is theyre very quick to fire messages at you .

"mate, you well? whats the mileage and lowest price am coming over ten mile !"

mileage is in advert, its 76000 mile, its in the pictures too.

"dunt matter mate after a low milage"

:lol:

Personally I don’t want the Gumtree part of the deal (I don’t sell DVD, old fridges & stolen power tools) so I’m just sticking with EbayMP at just under £200pm before the Vodka & Tonic. 

The tosspots firing off pathetic offers isn’t an eBay phenomenon, it’s the internet full stop empowering spineless timewasting cretins. There are plenty of nutters looking at AT.

On 13/03/2018 at 11:09 PM, BHM said:

Personally I don’t want the Gumtree part of the deal (I don’t sell DVD, old fridges & stolen power tools) so I’m just sticking with EbayMP at just under £200pm before the Vodka & Tonic. 

The tosspots firing off pathetic offers isn’t an eBay phenomenon, it’s the internet full stop empowering spineless timewasting cretins. There are plenty of nutters looking at AT.

Absolutely.  Very true and certainly not just ebay.