Sign in to follow this  
Beautiful South Martin

Keyboard Warrriors

Got a very clean 1 owner diesel 4x4 Full 12 months MOT & FSH. Had it up at £3995 and just reduced it to £3695 and included was now price in the advert. ( Cap Retail £4280)

Just opened an email sent last night at 11pm "£3000 cash mate" Grrrrrr what is it with these keyboard warriors, they absolutely boil my Pizz. Friggin chancers hiding behind their laptops whilst their wives have probably gone to bed.

I won't even entertain his enquiry with a reply.

What do you guys do? Sarcastic reply or ignore and move on?

1 minute ago, Beautiful South Martin said:

Got a very clean 1 owner diesel 4x4 Full 12 months MOT & FSH. Had it up at £3995 and just reduced it to £3695 and included was now price in the advert. ( Cap Retail £4280)

Just opened an email sent last night at 11pm "£3000 cash mate" Grrrrrr what is it with these keyboard warriors, they absolutely boil my Pizz. Friggin chancers hiding behind their laptops whilst their wives have probably gone to bed.

These people are cretinous vultures. If you reply you've lost....

• Like 1

I used to reply to everything you never know and all that (but have to admit of late have lost the will the play the game) 

Ignore.

Like most punters, they assume 'greedy' car dealers sell cars at 99% margin, and that you could accept any offer and still get a healthy profit.

• Like 1

I just ignore them. They have no intention of buying, and I genuinely believe these pathetic types, actually get a kick out of trying to wind up car dealers. If you reply, you're just feeding these needy, insecure, attention seeking cockwombles......

Ignore, but if you can't resist a reply offer finance for the balance, just to pee 'em off...they can't afford your car, so they definately won't afford finance, end of conversation...:D

If you really want a scrap with the bastards, tell them you will accept their offer. Then upon their arrival hide it and tell them its sold.

Although like the other guys say, i doubt if they even have the money or the intention of buying it.

I struggle not to reply because I can't abide the cheek of it and most are 'trader's'...but last time i done as stalker said and told them I would accept their pathetic offer as I needed the space.

What followed was two days of frantic messaging from them trying to lock me down to a time for collection. I just kept being flippant and busy with every message they sent.

It was dirt cheap anyway so their offer would have put an easy grand in their pockets for no work.

After two days the desperate collection messages changed to 'are you a genuine seller or are you just wasting my time???' - I think I got 4 like this before the penny finally dropped with them ha!

K-nooobbbers...

Ignore.

The more we ignore them the less they become.  It does make me wonder if they do this when doing their shopping?  Put all the food in the trolley, go to the checkout, "that'll be £219.80 please sir", "I'll give you £150.00".

I always reply 'thanks but no thanks', however, if it's really insulting & If it's via ebay: I look at their 'items for sale' using my other account, and then bid them a quid or something silly.  Doesn't always happen but makes me feel smug if they are selling things.

I usually ignore, if their offer is politely written with a little bit of "Hi/hello/thanks etc." then I politely respond however occasionally I'm very rude and tell them straight and usual resort to personal insults :D. I know, totally & utterly childish but it absolutely ENRAGES them (these cretins live their lives by texts/emails/Facebook etc. and the slightest thing causes huge offence to them) to which they are in such a rush to respond they send a pitifully scripted email usually full of abuse/threats/whinges, or if you're lucky, all three!. Obviously you shouldn't waste your time responding to this email because you'll never win because these jobless twats will email until the cows come home and anyhow, the aim of upsetting them has been accomplished.

PS the sensible thing to do is just ignore them.

5 minutes ago, twerp said:

^ Not worth it if they leave a negative AT/Facebook/Google review

Cough! Splutter! What sort of a man gives a toss about the opinions of these keyboard warriors? I run both my life & business without any interest whatsoever in social media comments so I could not give the slightest f*** whatsoever about them. 

It's a common misconception that a few crap reviews will damage your business - only a small percentage of the population read them and then only arseholes take notice of them. No offence intended but there are plenty of traders who need to man-up and run their affairs their way and not crap themselves over reviews - better still, don't bother searching for them in the first place.

Believe me, your stock quality (good, bad or indifferent), presentation and your pricing will have a damn sight more affect on your business than a few poxy reviews. 

• Like 2

It’s taken a long time for me to learn, but to have the confidence to simply ignore and delete these morons enables you to concentrate on polite enquiries. It gives you the belief in genuine buyers.

These emails aren’t real genuine enquiries. like..

Mr Customer, if all you are looking for is cheap, I cannot help. May I suggest you don’t use the same principle when purchasing a parachute.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, BHM said:

Cough! Splutter! What sort of a man gives a toss about the opinions of these keyboard warriors? I run both my life & business without any interest whatsoever in social media comments so I could not give the slightest f*** whatsoever about them. 

It's a common misconception that a few crap reviews will damage your business - only a small percentage of the population read them and then only arseholes take notice of them. No offence intended but there are plenty of traders who need to man-up and run their affairs their way and not crap themselves over reviews - better still, don't bother searching for them in the first place.

I'm not going to disagree with you BHM, because I think a lot of what you say is on the money there, however for MY business I find a decent review rating does help. We deal with quite a lot of young and/or nervous buyers and I know for a fact they check our google, AT and other reviews before coming in. That doesn't mean we have to brown nose everyone or appease every slightly disgruntled punter who is being unrealistic about how their 8 year old car should perform and we don't. We've got a fair few 1*'s but I make a point of responding to every review, good or bad, because that's my right. A couple of them are really funny and if anything make potential punters realise we're nice, normal guys who have a sense of humour and know how to deal with obvious time wasters.

All I know is that when I book a hotel or holiday I read reviews, when I buy something on Amazon I read reviews and when I watch a film I read reviews. I'm of an age where online reviews are a natural thing for me to go to before doing something that costs me money.

As for keyboard warriors...they always get a reply from me although it's not always polite. Sometimes it's just too hard to resist a bit of needling. 

I too get fed up of the paltry offers made mainly via eBay and Gumtree users...... I take on board that it's probably best to ignore or reply politely however some just take the biscuit........offers are sometimes well below what you would have even bought the car for in the first place. A while back I had a guy on a passat, bit of back and forth with the a-hole then he really touched a nerve....... So I gave him both barrels and told him that his mother must be really proud of him...... When his life has come to begging cars off people on eBay etc....... He then followed up with threats saying he knows where I am etc..... Told him to call up and discuss it further. Never heard from him again...... Saved his number on my phone as "passat beggar" and blocked the contact so that I don't get any more calls from him. 

On ‎22‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 8:05 AM, Beautiful South Martin said:

Never understood when customers write £3000 cash mate ?

oh cash !! sure that's great as we usually accept potatoes as currency !!

To be honest if I went by reviews, I probably would never purchase, watch any film, eat anywhere etc ever again. Sometimes reviews may be good, but can easily and wrongfully cloud peoples judgement.