Sign in to follow this  
umesh

what have you learnt ....

That I get more Leads through Cargurus when I am not on the free trail Ha ha.

That if you reject a car purchased through AutoRola when they haven't inspected it properly and then deliver a turd to you, that they will delete you and refuse doing any further business with you ha-ha. #hamshankers

I've learnt not to trust Frank...

Or any other Tom, Dick or Harry!! :lol:

• Like 1

To stick to what the people want. All the Vauxhall/Ford five door, sensible mileage, sensible colour, sensible spec, sensible engine stuff has sold, been bought again, sold again and so on.

The yellow DS3, weird spec Volvos, and zero tax 1.2 eco diesel stuff is still sitting on the gravel.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, grant8064 said:

To stick to what the people want. All the Vauxhall/Ford five door, sensible mileage, sensible colour, sensible spec, sensible engine stuff has sold, been bought again, sold again and so on.

The yellow DS3, weird spec Volvos, and zero tax 1.2 eco diesel stuff is still sitting on the gravel.

Oooh controversial, i have learnt the other way round, fliippin' fords and mini's, sick of the sight of them, weird colours and specs, fly... wanna swop???!!!???

I learned not to sell the car to people as on certain occasions it is just not worth it.

Previously I would have always took the deal in the view the car was well prepped and I had done my bit. Took me a bit of time to catch on that sometimes it will just simply never be enough.

Its not something I do often but if someone is rude, confrontational, aggressive or hugely untrusting prior to buying the car and I sense trouble I will suggest its not for them. I have learned this the hard way and life is far to short to be dealing with these types.

2nd lesson - I have been a lot more thorough with the PX's than I was last year and avoided being lumbered with quite so many problematic cars.

That having well presented, well priced desirable stock is all well and good but ultimately, balloons sell cars. Never forget that kids.

• Like 1

Cracking question.

1a do not look at the sales topics on this forum it is depressing if your having a quiet month.

1. You can never prep a car for sale to much

2. sometimes in auctions you have to say enough it enough tomorrow is another day

3 you cant please everyone no matter how hard you try

4 the garage will still be here tomorrow if i take half a day

5 why for the love of god dont costa express offer skinny option coffee in there machines full fat coffee takes vile

Edited by justina3

4 hours ago, Trident said:

Oooh controversial, i have learnt the other way round, fliippin' fords and mini's, sick of the sight of them, weird colours and specs, fly... wanna swop???!!!???

Strange isn't it how different sites and different approaches work out...at least we're not fighting over the same stock this way!

i'll leave all the candy green Adams with heated leather to you :)

On 17/12/2016 at 9:26 AM, Rory RSC said:

Its not something I do often but if someone is rude, confrontational, aggressive or hugely untrusting prior to buying the car and I sense trouble I will suggest its not for them. I have learned this the hard way and life is far to short to be dealing with these types.

How do you politely deal with these people? I had a guy who flipped out when I said we wouldn't be test driving the car until we agreed a deal in principle, bearing in mind I had just spent £250 on paint correction detailing so it looked a million dollars.

3 hours ago, Fixedgear said:

How do you politely deal with these people? I had a guy who flipped out when I said we wouldn't be test driving the car until we agreed a deal in principle, bearing in mind I had just spent £250 on paint correction detailing so it looked a million dollars.

Always difficult and sometimes you simply cannot judge or try to close them too much , its a balance and difficult to gauge. If the car is in the showroom which means moving either one , two.... cars then I always ' test drive is no problem , should we just make sure you happy with the px price ? or you're happy with the car looks, paper work etc so if it drives as good as it looks we'd have a deal / or you're going to buy it ?   , Doesn't always work but quite a few have said lets agree px or deal before test drive - I do get very possessive and don't want to get all the cars dirty !

The odd one or two even after all that will have a test drive and walk away to ' think about  it ' .,.... but hey thats life :)

can't win em all mate !

I do explain its not just about getting cars dirty , insurance implications, damage , etc etc most sensible one do understand but the like the one who flipped probably just wanted a drive ..

I had one quite a few years ago looking at a golf at £3000 - then he spots a GT TDI Just arrived in ,

"he asks how much is that? " £14000 ,

"can I take it for a spin ? " 

I said I thought you were looking at £3000 golf , He said yeah but just want to take this for a spin ...

I said sorry I don't do that ,let people take cars out for a spin unless you're thinking about buying THAT car ...

He wasn't a happy chappy , said to his girlfriend not buying anything from here if won't let me take that out ! lets go .. 

On 12/16/2016 at 5:40 PM, Ocsltd said:

I've learnt not to trust Frank...

Or any other Tom, Dick or Harry!! :lol:

1. Agree with Above, Franks should be Avoided Like Plague 

2. Stop letting staff members take the piss out of my good nature

3. Frank is definitely a Bastard :angry:

23 minutes ago, andymc1973 said:

im still banned from the auto trader forum 

AT still ignore everyone.

Dealers still give real world examples of the products could be adapted to work better.

AT still no best.

Price increase incoming.

There's far to much choice in the car market, take for instance Volvo XC60 diesel's guess how many different standard models you could choose from  between 2008 and 2013?

On 19/12/2016 at 3:40 PM, umesh said:

Always difficult and sometimes you simply cannot judge or try to close them too much , its a balance and difficult to gauge. If the car is in the showroom which means moving either one , two.... cars then I always ' test drive is no problem , should we just make sure you happy with the px price ? or you're happy with the car looks, paper work etc so if it drives as good as it looks we'd have a deal / or you're going to buy it ?   , Doesn't always work but quite a few have said lets agree px or deal before test drive - I do get very possessive and don't want to get all the cars dirty !

The odd one or two even after all that will have a test drive and walk away to ' think about  it ' .,.... but hey thats life :)

can't win em all mate !

I do explain its not just about getting cars dirty , insurance implications, damage , etc etc most sensible one do understand but the like the one who flipped probably just wanted a drive ..

I had one quite a few years ago looking at a golf at £3000 - then he spots a GT TDI Just arrived in ,

"he asks how much is that? " £14000 ,

"can I take it for a spin ? " 

I said I thought you were looking at £3000 golf , He said yeah but just want to take this for a spin ...

I said sorry I don't do that ,let people take cars out for a spin unless you're thinking about buying THAT car ...

He wasn't a happy chappy , said to his girlfriend not buying anything from here if won't let me take that out ! lets go .. 

Sound advice there.

The guy in question definitely wanted to drive it to get a buzz and in fact, he give it quite a kicking and I had to tell him to calm down.... It wound me up!

He got quite aggressive when I tried to explain the implications of 'test driving' a car. He came to look at more than one. Tells you a lot about him.

Just last week on a reluctant test drive, we had a stone hit a windscreen and crack it !!!

Edited by Fixedgear

Gets me how they all drive like they stole it on the test drive and some don't like being told to slow down until you explain the implications that THEYwill be getting the nip