Ocsltd

So what do YOU drive??

We're quite fortunate in our jobs that we get to try / drive lot's of different cars, but what do you drive personally? I would love something nice, but find it hard to justify having money tied up in something....

Do you have a daily runaround, and / or something special tucked away for those special days...?

I'm sure someone will come along and say, whatever's on the pitch!! :lol:

But interested to know what you all drive....?

My Daily Drive Was Jags Until Recently, I had a XJ8 and Then a Stype 3.0 Petrol Auto Badged up as an R, I got very Cheap From the Block as a smoker, Lovely Driving Cars and So cheap To buy, No one wants them due to fuel costs, but 23mpg will do me fine.

I Keep saying I am going to buy a range rover sport to use but just cant hand over the money, So Drive around in old saloon executive whips.

My Current New daily drive as of this month is a Lovely Lexus Is200 Mk1 These were a cracking car in the day, This is a sport one with the LSD,  in Black That shines so bright due to being waxed within a inch of its life.

My special Car Hidden away is a MG Maestro EFi In Trophy Blue, (The Only one in this Colour In the World) Its a bit of a legend in the Maestro Owners World

& yes I know its a Maestro lol :lol:

maestro.jpg

• Like 3

I've got a 1988 Saab 900 Classic in white with a nice faded red stripe down each side...

...and a 2010 Hyundai ix20 1.4 diesel which (apart from the massive A pillars) is just fine for day to day

Great start, keep them coming....

That's the nicest Maestro I've ever seen! :lol: 

1 minute ago, Ocsltd said:

Great start, keep them coming....

That's the nicest Maestro I've ever seen! :lol: 

She is a Beauty, This was a few years ago now, its off to paint soon for a refresh for next years shows.

Love the old Saabs, Great to hear your running one, I used to have a saab 900 Turbo about 9 years ago, went like a rocket. Lovely Car.

Not sure about this i20 diesel though, Think you need to get a grip there lol :D

22 minutes ago, betginge said:

She is a Beauty, This was a few years ago now, its off to paint soon for a refresh for next years shows.

Love the old Saabs, Great to hear your running one, I used to have a saab 900 Turbo about 9 years ago, went like a rocket. Lovely Car.

Not sure about this i20 diesel though, Think you need to get a grip there lol :D

Haha, the Hyundai is great...after a long day of old boys coming in and telling me all about their past Jags and Fords they owned in the seventies getting into something quiet, boring and functional is just what I need sometimes. Also being massively overage and £30 tax might be part of the reason i'm in it!

Went from my £60k Lexus to a £400 Mini Last year. Never been happier!!

I've had a couple of Lexus IS200's, beautiful car one of my all time faves and after woring for Lexus for 10 years, I still would rather own one of these than pretty much anything else.

Been smoking literally anything I could over the last year though - however when i've taken in anything tasty - X5 3.0 D MSport/Audi TT 3.2/Mini JCW - I literally sell it the same/next day 

I just picked up a new Mini Cooper S D on lease through my old company to stop me swapping every day. Its nice to be in a new car again, however I still fancy taking the odd snotter home, just for the fun of it.

A Porsche Cayenne 4.5s currently averaging just over 15mpg! :o

Some interesting cars mentioned.

I used to pick whatever I fancied that had some road tax on it but now because of the new road tax rules I miss out on driving the cars I would really like to.

No point putting a new owner on and taxing them so I have lost incentive to take in interesting cars now as I don't get to drive them.

I know I could use my trade plates but its not practical to do that for everyday use let alone legal.

I assume from the way some of you are using cars that you must have found a way around this?

I would be interested to know as I fancy a nice 4x4 for the winter but not wanting to add an owner :)

'02 Focus 1.6 ghia 130k that cost me less than you guys spend on a takeaway :D

• Like 1

Any part ex that's got fuel in it, preferably one that I don't care about getting dirty, my neighbours must think I work in a scrap yard, I never seem to bring a car home newer than 2004 haha 

• Like 2

The latest car that I I've purchased, so I can scrutinise it for faults before it's advertised.

I find it the only way, otherwise you get customers phoning or calling back once sold with stupid complaints like squeaky wipers, tracking off a tad, pollen filter blocked etc.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Scooby who said:

The latest car that I I've purchased, so I can scrutinise it for faults before it's advertised.

I find it the only way, otherwise you get customers phoning or calling back once sold with stupid complaints like squeaky wipers, tracking off a tad, pollen filter blocked etc.

I used to do this, but however thorough you are, after a couple of weeks sitting on the lot, it will develop a puncture/misfire/exhaust blow the first time you start it up:D

• Like 1

Just a word of warning. If you are a Ltd Company and you are using a 'stock' car then that is seen by HMRC as a benefit in kind and liable for tax depending on the CO2s. 

2007 330D M sport Coupe

Stock is mainly Nissan GTR's, BMW M cars etc . People always always ask why I don't drive one of those everyday but I feel better in my oil burner!

2004 Volvo S60 2.0T.

84k on the clock

Runs mint, heated seats, love it. 

Owes me £1200 quid and I've had it for 18 months.

I always run about in the part exchanges though, love doing that.

Highly modified Satria GTI... yes i havent grown up yet , a classic Saab 900 convertible for the summer, and a Porsche 944 for some fun

2 hours ago, CJ Underhill said:

Highly modified Satria GTI... yes i havent grown up yet , a classic Saab 900 convertible for the summer, and a Porsche 944 for some fun

Nice to see someone else loves a 900 classic! I've gone down the 4 door Scandi business man route myself...200k on the clock and it never misses a beat with panels thicker than those on a tank.

How's your Satria...always fancied one from when they first came out but never taken one in chop?

2 minutes ago, grant8064 said:

Nice to see someone else loves a 900 classic! I've gone down the 4 door Scandi business man route myself...200k on the clock and it never misses a beat with panels thicker than those on a tank.

How's your Satria...always fancied one from when they first came out but never taken one in chop?

Everytime winter comes, I fancy getting behind the wheel of a Saab 9-5 Aero, nice comfy heated seats!

Currently making do with a Clio 172 Cup!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ocsltd said:

Everytime winter comes, I fancy getting behind the wheel of a Saab 9-5 Aero, nice comfy heated seats!

Currently making do with a Clio 172 Cup!

Heated seats but every 9-5 we've ever taken in has had more issues than you would ever think possible.

They're one of the few cars on our 'NO, NEVER, I DON'T CARE HOW CHEAP IT IS' list.

I've taken in px today a 2003 Ford Mondeo with 170k miles, with a full tank of fuel :D So that's my new ride for the next couple of weeks

• Like 2

I ran an old diesel 4x4 for 10yrs. It did everything other than a track day. Towed my bangers, carried white goods home from Makro without having to put the back seat down, even slept in it once. But the winter and snow experience wasn't what you'd expect. I'm guessing it depends on whether you live in a rural location or inner city, but I live in North East London and regardless of how capable your 4x4 is, if the council/police shut the road because of snow you've had it; if the super hero in front of you gets stuck and blocks the road, you've had it; everybody wants a tow then complains about damage afterwards; Nobody seems to understand the consequences of using a kinetic tow rope. These days when it snows I prefer to stay indoors:)

• Like 1