Sign in to follow this  
Gavin@Rousdon

Modified Cars...what would you do !!!

Now I openly admit I hate cars that have been played around with, mainly because my opinion is that BMW/Merc/Vauxhall etc etc pay a highly talented designer a lot of money to make their cars look modern with everything working in unison, alloys suit the bodystyle etc etc. I'm sure they could save lots of money by giving a copy of Max Power to a few random people and let them loose for a few days but the results wouldn't be good in my opinion.

As an occupational hazard I've had to take a modified car in, a BMW 118D,  the car is mint to be fair and the mature owner has looked after it, he has also left me the original wheels and rear lights, so with a bit of effort, a new set of springs and a trip to the bodyshop  to fix where he has drilled some LED reversing lights (Don't ask) the car would be back to normal.

Now who would leave it as is, and who would change it back?????

bmw 4.jpg

Anything like that for me modified seems to sit for ages and not shift. I try to put back to standard or shift cheap as chips where I can.

• Like 1

By changing it back the purchaser should have no insurance issues . Far wider market for standard cars. Sell the modified bits on fleebay. 

• Like 2

That is my way of thinking, but as the bodyshop is full with cars at the moment I may test the water with it as it is at a cheap price and then change it back if its still here in a few weeks. I'm sure someone would love it and 1 Series seem to be in favour with younger drivers at the moment !!! Or maybe its my wishfull thinking !!!

Someone will buy it, surely it's worth trying as it is. If it doesn't sell then put it back to standard. I modify my cars but always put them back to standard before I sell them.

• Like 1

Plus if you can sell it as is, the BMW OEM wheels will sell for a few quid more than the max power parts. Especially as they may quite likely have premium (ish) tires rather than the "Stunners" (what I call generic cr*p tires) that most aftermarket alloys are wrapped in.

Just an update, I gave it a go at a cheap price of £5800 as needed no recon and no prep other then a standard pdi, had the normal ebay emails everyday, about 5 phone calls from people in London saying they will be down the next morning, about 3 from people in Wales saying the same thing. Sold Saturday morning to a couple who live 8 miles away!!

What I noticed is despite writing all the modifications in the advert people still emailed me asking me to list.................the modifications!!!

No one reads adverts.

All the time - " has it had cambelt changed and whens the MOT"

Advert says cambelt changed at 58k and new 12 month MOT FFS lol.

3 hours ago, RS Car Sales said:

No one reads adverts.

All the time - " has it had cambelt changed and whens the MOT"

Advert says cambelt changed at 58k and new 12 month MOT FFS lol.

and i thought it was just me that got this,i wonder if its due to lots of mr magoos reading details off their 10 bob a day phones

You're assuming the 'recently-educated' actually know how to read.

Most certainly can't construct a sentence, hold a conversation, or complete simple arithmetical tasks, so maybe reading is a magic trick that only the gifted elite are able to perform?

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, billsselfish said:

The only thing I'll change is tires. I'll find some that will give a brutal or something like premium look for this car. Everything depends on your likes. I've just put Firestone https://serioustruck.com/best-tires-for-ford-f150-4x4/ on my Ford F150 and now it looks perfectly. 

Spot on, those off road tyres will suit a 1 Series, afterall they do spend a lot of time off road......chains...wiring....diff....ABS rings....BBQs etc:P

4 year old topic .....Really?

Wonder if he still has it.

Edited by Lakeside