Wheelerdealer1

Trader pretending to be private seller, but where is the stock from ? (Pics inc)

Local guy who puts up private ads but is a trader, however he has been lazy here and left the same pics up as the dealer disposal website he buys stock from, can any one help me identify where he is buying his cars from by any chance ? A virtual pint is offered !

full ad here it's also on gumtree 

Look at this on eBay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/252239826665

2006 FIAT STILO DYNAMIC JTD SILVER diesel 1.9 

RAFCOMM LIMITED
A syed
12 SEBERT ROAD
london
London
E70 NQ
United Kingdom

Email:e-networks@outlook.com
Company registration number: 08069261

Any idea from the pics where that stock is from

ad also on gumtree 

https://www.gumtree.com/p/fiat/fiat-stilo-car/1149497221

They just offer all there cars on ebay. The photos match the background as per your link and also the text used. I've bought from there a few years ago as its just up the road. 

As above, they sell a lot of trade in stuff on eBay to anyone who wants to buy it, not just trade.  I nearly bought a Lexus RX300 from them a while back but it went for too much as it was late November and snowing at the time...

As above, they sell a lot of trade in stuff on eBay to anyone who wants to buy it, not just trade.  I nearly bought a Lexus RX300 from them a while back but it went for too much as it was late November and snowing at the time...

Their taking a bit of a chance with regards to SOGA aren't they?

Hi I am selling my which is in a very good condition mot expire in April 2016 got good tyres , previous owner including me 2. Any quarries don't hesitate to ask

anbody who buys  a car off this bloke with words like that deserves everything they get

Edited by s and b
  • Like 1

send his details to ATM as a new subscription lead I'm sure with his calibre he'd qualify for a subscription and probably a dealer edit portal. B)

OK.

So I've found a quarry. What question should I ask?

The thing that aggravates the most is that this is the kind of moronic scumbag that we are constantly having to compete with. We keep needing to justify our existence because he doesn't give a toss about Consumer Rights or TCF . Problem is, it ain't going away.

Agree GG and Penton Citroen are not helping matters one bit by sticking trade disposal cars on eBay and selling them to all, I'm guessing they are kidding themselves if they think SOGA does not apply, they are selling 2nd hand cars to the public, writing trade disposal on the ad does not negat that one bit, lazy very lazy, and shameful

They seem to sell a lot of cars through there, so I guess they work on the basis that most will be fine and if they get the odd issue the extra profit they make over putting everything through the auction will cover the costs they incur.

I suppose the issue is not with Penton's disposal policy (if they're in breach of whatever regulations, then one hopes the appropriate authorities will bite them firmly on the arse), but with the numpty trader pretending to be a private seller, pretending to be the previous keeper. It's HIM that wants the rug pulling out from underneath.

But at the moment, no-one's stopping him (or the thousands of others) and it's an easy few quid.

By my calculation the next post here should be in July 2023.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Been saying for a while there should be a formal, government backed registration process for all used car dealers  

VAT registered

trade insurance policy

Accountant. 

That would sort most out wouldn’t it??

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, sellect2 said:

Been saying for a while there should be a formal, government backed registration process for all used car dealers  

VAT registered

trade insurance policy

Accountant. 

Not necessarily. Plenty of scumbags that have vat numbers. In many ways they are worse!

43 minutes ago, sellect2 said:

VAT registered

trade insurance policy

Accountant. 

Just like the pharmaceutical industry? Drugs are dealt on every street in the UK and the stench of weed permeates every town centre nowadays.

Sorry but a government registration scheme wouldn’t help one bit.

• Like 1

I've recently started using FB and you can't help but notice the huge numbers of cars for sale that are clearly 'trade' with no mention of it in the ad. In fact it's a challenge to try and find a genuine private sale. There was one guy (pics taken on a traveller site) with about half a dozen cars ranging from £500 to £4000. All these ads are carefully worded avoiding the obvious. But FB seem to put the bar low for filtering ads generally. Fake designer crap, dodgy trades people and endless posts from people complaining about being ripped off from the same?

I should point out that I just joined a few motorsport pages, I'm not posting pics of my dinner!

1 minute ago, BHM said:

Just like the pharmaceutical industry? Drugs are dealt on every street in the UK and the stench of weed permeates every town centre nowadays.

Sorry but a government registration scheme wouldn’t help one bit.

Absolutely, round these parts weed is easier to get than a mars bar! 

You can’t stop these private sellers, but they come and go and very rarely last long or grow their business. So why worry, it’s the buyers that are the mugs from buying from him in the first place.

1 hour ago, tradex said:

Not if Joe C*nt does umm cheaper on facetube with most greedy customers that is numero uno ;)

The US have a better way of doing these things, a trader needs to be registered and pass an exam of all things, but 'kerbing' still goes on. 

Apparently though in the US there's no CRA on cars. So even if you buy from a trader it's never 100% sure you're going to get a good car. That's what my friend said any way.

1 hour ago, tradex said:

back on Facebook same day at 650 'good runner' as private sale

Similar happened to a friend a couple of weeks ago.

From what I’ve seen on my Mrs’s facebook about 80%+ of private sellers are anything but.

33 minutes ago, Grantlfc81 said:

it’s the buyers that are the mugs from buying from him in the first place.

I think they’re the same cnuts emailing me on a a slightly scruff £999 p/x Astra with full MOT. Horrible idiots wanting to email back & forth all day long and attempt to rape me with stupid offers. I know this sounds uncharitable but some of these greedy twats deserve all they get. 

• Like 2