NacMan

BCA condition report

2 minutes ago, JDM1983 said:

Fair enough. I don’t buy much though so I don’t fancy my chances. 

Ah right. I honestly believe that they are in the wrong 100% they need to get people who know their cars for the money they charge us

Had a argument once because the car was a grade 5 and they listed it as a 3 and the appraiser was adament it was a 3 even though it had faded paint over 3 or 4 panels with bits that are tatty.

He was then saying grading doesnt matter as car is over 10yrs old. I told him why do the cars over 10yrs have grade numbers next to them then.

He was moody but changed it to a 4 and i got a refund. It was definitely a 5. 

6 hours ago, NacMan said:

So there all shit? And dont follow the report?

Reckon they will accept the return?

Not all, but more than other vendors in terms of % as confirmed by many other in the hall

They absolutely refused to take back one which I had to refurb the turbo for. Got £200

11 hours ago, TangoVictor32 said:

Had a argument once because the car was a grade 5 and they listed it as a 3 and the appraiser was adament it was a 3 even though it had faded paint over 3 or 4 panels with bits that are tatty.

He was then saying grading doesnt matter as car is over 10yrs old. I told him why do the cars over 10yrs have grade numbers next to them then.

He was moody but changed it to a 4 and i got a refund. It was definitely a 5. 

My cars 4 years older. So it has to be graded lol.

I have found it to be swings and roundabouts.

I,ve bought grade 2’s which were 3 or even 4 in my book. I have bought grade 3,s which looked grade 1 and grade 4’s which were easily 2.

i,ve been stung on some reports, but won on others. Last week I bought an X5 with a steering fault on the report. It’s absolutely fine.

28 minutes ago, XFS said:

I have found it to be swings and roundabouts.

I,ve bought grade 2’s which were 3 or even 4 in my book. I have bought grade 3,s which looked grade 1 and grade 4’s which were easily 2.

i,ve been stung on some reports, but won on others. Last week I bought an X5 with a steering fault on the report. It’s absolutely fine.

But , if I'm having a grade 3 looking like a grade 5, I'm obviously going to complain

46 minutes ago, NacMan said:

But , if I'm having a grade 3 looking like a grade 5, I'm obviously going to complain

Sure. I would to. But don’t expect to get anywhere.

My point is, that at some point you will probably get something better than you expected which will be some compensation.

17 minutes ago, XFS said:

My point is, that at some point you will probably get something better than you expected which will be some compensation.

I have always found there are loads of bonuses to be had with the grading system but traders tend to only refer to their problem buys.I think it was Manheim who introduced online buying and grading and as I recall they were inundated with manufactured complaints from dealers trying to take advantage and get money off.

36 minutes ago, XFS said:

Previous times ive complained I've always got something but again that was when on black card. Now we arent we may have some trouble doing so.

Well then….

Another one delivered via transporter today, the bumpers scratched to death and the door, it was never on the report when can they get things right! Regards to this vehicle I just got an estimate sent over to them for both the bumper scuffs and engine noise.

I've had some very nasty grade 3 cars delivered by BCA in the past. Once they have been delivered you have to speak to Manchester Head office (if you use there own transport) rather than the actual auction. In my case I got a very patronising woman who clearly knew nothing about cars! She kept saying we refer to the "beauty pictures" when talking about the very inaccurate online photo's! 

I've back 2 in the past which turned out to have been taxis and got some small amounts of comp on others but not before jumping through alot of hoops and constantly doing all the chasing. 

It is a worry the muppets they pay to do these inaccurate reports! I hope it works out for you NacMan

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Huggins said:

I've had some very nasty grade 3 cars delivered by BCA in the past. Once they have been delivered you have to speak to Manchester Head office (if you use there own transport) rather than the actual auction. In my case I got a very patronising woman who clearly knew nothing about cars! She kept saying we refer to the "beauty pictures" when talking about the very inaccurate online photo's! 

I've back 2 in the past which turned out to have been taxis and got some small amounts of comp on others but not before jumping through alot of hoops and constantly doing all the chasing. 

It is a worry the muppets they pay to do these inaccurate reports! I hope it works out for you NacMan

Thanks pal, do Manchester head office deal with everything? As I'm dealing with claims

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, NacMan said:

Thanks pal, do Manchester head office deal with everything? As I'm dealing with claims

Hope you get it sorted 

Nacman it was the claims line which is based in Manchester ( may have changed as haven't used them for almost a year now) 

35 minutes ago, Huggins said:

Nacman it was the claims line which is based in Manchester ( may have changed as haven't used them for almost a year now) 

Pain in the ass , 3 cars in the past 2 weeks have had issues now!

17 hours ago, Casper said:

Hope you get it sorted 

Thanks Casper 

55 minutes ago, NacMan said:

Pain in the ass , 3 cars in the past 2 weeks have had issues now!

Thanks Casper 

can i ask from which venues??

9 minutes ago, awc1000 said:

can i ask from which venues??

Blackbushe, Wolverhampton and Nottingham. Nottingham resolved the situation quickly though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 15Cars said:

D67CD6AC-FA23-4AD0-8F46-6DB1891ECC99.jpeg

There christmas night out is at mainheim this year doing some grading there cause there just as bad .

On 11/10/2019 at 11:33 AM, Casper said:

There christmas night out is at mainheim this year doing some grading there cause there just as bad .

Well they ended up paying out! However we had another issue with a different vehicle they refused ! Swings in roundabouts as you say

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, NacMan said:

Well they ended up paying out! However we had another issue with a different vehicle they refused ! Swings in roundabouts as you say

Never heard of anyone as unlucky as you with condition reports

2 hours ago, JA Trader said:

Never heard of anyone as unlucky as you with condition reports

Yes and no, I got a decent payout for the 1 series and the other car I got a little for some damages but not all so not too bad. Plus they were both fairly cheap to begin with