Pip

Are you still moving diesels or has it slowed.

3 minutes ago, Casper said:

Bring it on . We will smoke them out :lol:

Black smoke please.. 

They are doing nothing but causing havoc under the pretence of being "peaceful"

Just shove them out of the way. I know people that have missed doctor and hospital appointments because of them 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, TangoVictor32 said:

You naughty people selling diesels...if the daft sods known as Extinction Rebels find out about you..they will turn up at your lots with a fire engine and spray red

:lol:

I wonder how much dirty diesel they used driving that old Fire engine through London? :lol:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, J.T said:

I wonder how much dirty diesel they used driving that old Fire engine through London? :lol:

Did you not see the plumes of soot coming out of it in the video when they got the pump running? Worse than the leggy 05 1.5dci Megane I (literally) smoked for a bit

• Like 1

At the lower end of the market some punters have had a belly full of ‘cheap’ old diesels because they’ve been caught out with a big bill & ultimately ended up out of pocket when they’ve had to dispose of said car to the knacker’s yard.

That said, the Astra/Focus market take petrol or diesel but the Mondeo/Passat market still seems to want diesel.

As for bigger cars/SUVs etc. it’s diesel as always for the time being.

As for chancing buying/selling old hybrids here up north, any customer who has ever mentioned them in discussion seem to have the attitude of ‘who the fuck wants the complication and the potential bills’ and tbh I agree with them. However I think fully electric cars will be viewed far more positively than hybrids when they hit the cheaper end of the market.

10 hours ago, BHM said:

At the lower end of the market some punters have had a belly full of ‘cheap’ old diesels because they’ve been caught out with a big bill & ultimately ended up out of pocket when they’ve had to dispose of said car to the knacker’s yard.

That said, the Astra/Focus market take petrol or diesel but the Mondeo/Passat market still seems to want diesel.

As for chancing buying/selling old hybrids here up north, any customer who has ever mentioned them in discussion seem to have the attitude of ‘who the fuck wants the complication and the potential bills’ and tbh I agree with them. However I think fully electric cars will be viewed far more positively than hybrids when they hit the cheaper end of the market.

+1 

12 hours ago, BHM said:

Agreed re the big diesel repair bills. Injectors, turbos, DMF, DPF, the list goes on.

The bigger the car, the more likely it is to be diesel, I honestly dont think the punter has too much choice. When I left the new car world in 2012 about 90% of the passats we were selling were diesel. Most tiguans likewise. Diesel suits the size of the car so much better - Back then the TSi just felt flat in a car that size. So very few bought petrol. Good thing really with the oil consumption issues.....

Wait with baited breath for the electrics to come through, but I wont be seeing them for quite some time yet in the 2-5k market!

18 hours ago, J.T said:

Running on chip fat?

Has anyone else noticed these guys always seem to be middle class white kids on a gap year living in brighton? Ironically when they get their degree they'll end up working for BP/shell anyway.

12 minutes ago, metcars said:

Running on chip fat?

Has anyone else noticed these guys always seem to be middle class white kids on a gap year living in brighton? Ironically when they get their degree they'll end up working for BP/shell anyway.

That was my first thought to running the fire engine chip fat -bio diesel .  Bet many go on to live of daddy's money 

Edited by Casper

33 minutes ago, Casper said:

That was my first thought to running the fire engine chip fat -bio diesel .  Bet many go on to live of daddy's money 

Yeah, but someone has to pay for the flat in brighton and the train tickets to london?

2 hours ago, metcars said:

Yeah, but someone has to pay for the flat in brighton and the train tickets to london?

Of course they do Im sure every one get help from there parents at some point I did in the earlier years I meant later in life in this area I've seen loads of people go to uni graduate etc only to work in the office of daddy's company one has tried a few business but all roads lead back to daddy's business 

Edited by Casper

Just now, Casper said:

Of course they do I meant later in life in this area I've seen loads of people go to uni graduate etc only to work in the office of daddy's company one has tried a few business but all roads lead back to daddy's 

Yeah absolutely. Most of these guys will end up working for BP when they graduate

• Like 1

4 hours ago, metcars said:

Running on chip fat?

I'm not sure running it on chip fat would fit with their vegan credentials, think of all those poor battered sausages that have died in that oil!

2 hours ago, J.T said:

I'm not sure running it on chip fat would fit with their vegan credentials, think of all those poor battered sausages that have died in that oil!

Good point 

13 hours ago, metcars said:

Running on chip fat?

Read something about this in the papers (or websites nowadays).

There's very minimal people of other ethnicities. Some have said there might be racism within this group. 

All this nonsense about "peaceful" is just another way for them to be little spoilt brats and have their chaotic events through nuisance and disturbance rather than violence. 

If they did really care they could rummage through bins and get empty cardboard boxes and stand outside supermarkets letting people use them for their shopping rather than cause traffic to standstill and released more fumes... Like the modern traffic lights aren't enough 

5 hours ago, TangoVictor32 said:

Read something about this in the papers (or websites nowadays).

There's very minimal people of other ethnicities. Some have said there might be racism within this group. 

All this nonsense about "peaceful" is just another way for them to be little spoilt brats and have their chaotic events through nuisance and disturbance rather than violence. 

If they did really care they could rummage through bins and get empty cardboard boxes and stand outside supermarkets letting people use them for their shopping rather than cause traffic to standstill and released more fumes... Like the modern traffic lights aren't enough 

:D one group of brats got wind of a mobile phone mast going up in a field so decided to have a sit in the day it was due to arrive - when did they know the day it arrived?? they all text each other:D

• Haha 1

8 cars delivered from BCA today, 2 Golfs, C Max, Galaxy, V50, BMW 1 Series,  Audi A3 - all diesels. Went off diesels for a bit but they are still in demand. 

• Like 1

Greta hates Diesels

All her fault

Sold 2 diesels this week, no issues although my stock is now 80% Diesel for some reason.....

10 hours ago, chrishowie said:

Greta hates Diesels

All her fault

Sold 2 diesels this week, no issues although my stock is now 80% Diesel for some reason.....

You stole her childhood, I hope you can sleep at night?

Late Diesel are still good news for us, most of the people we buy from seem to be stuck with masses of late German petrol stuff as they thought that was the way the used market was going when they were buying last year.

Diesel gate seems to have been and gone for me. Most still seem to prefer the oil burners.

Now, my Nissan Leaf is bringing out a new breed of weird.

30 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

Diesel gate seems to have been and gone for me. Most still seem to prefer the oil burners.

Now, my Nissan Leaf is bringing out a new breed of weird.

I can begin to only imagine what that sort of thing will attract.